ceiling fan

Started by sunluvver, May 24, 2014, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunluvver

hi..does anyone know where to buy a white ceiling fan with central light? Armas only has small ones ...

decho

I can't remember the name of it but there's a lighting shop in the road behind where Ideal is in Rosario. Its on the RHS as you drive down the road near the bottom if my memory serves me right.
They had some last time I was in.

sunluvver

ah thank you thats really helpful..
will go and check out today...

Spike On Q

Last year Ideal had loads of them in stock - not been in this year, so not sure

decho

Didn't have any in when I was there this week but I guess it's early yet.

SheilaW

Quote from: decho on May 24, 2014, 10:09:35 AM
Didn't have any in when I was there this week but I guess it's early yet.
The locals on the whole don't plan ahead so they don't encourage us to. We bought a new house in February and wanted to fit fans, maintain the pool (our first), etc but no, it all has to wait until it's too hot to do any work. :o :-X

Spike On Q

Just bought a lovely fan from Cofemax in Cuchillete, near Gran Tarajal

On offer 49.95 - bargain

potash

Quote from: sunluvver on May 24, 2014, 09:06:58 AM
hi..does anyone know where to buy a white ceiling fan with central light? Armas only has small ones ...

There is a retailer on same estate as CASH N CARRY  they do a good selection  get a five blade ours is brill.

lander

Hi, we have also been searching for ceiling fans and finding very little choice, Potash where is the estate with the Cash N Carry please?
Lorraine

Deso

Quote from: decho on May 24, 2014, 09:17:27 AM
I can't remember the name of it but there's a lighting shop in the road behind where Ideal is in Rosario. Its on the RHS as you drive down the road near the bottom if my memory serves me right.
They had some last time I was in.

Would that be Dielca?  Blue and white shop front?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

sunluvver

Deilca has very few ..couldnt find any retailer around cash n carry..am i looking in the wrong place?!

decho

Sorry cant remember the name - when I was in they didn't have very many but I thought with summer approaching they might have more in. I ended up buying them in B&Q and taking them out as luggage, 2 in their boxes in a case in the hold and the other in my hand luggage. It ws hilarious at Edinburgh airport watching the bag go back and forward as they tried to work out what it was :D
Eventually I had to unpack the bag, show them the manual and have it tested - they had been taking bets on what it was as it was going through the scanner!
Really nice fans though, 5 wood effect blades with 3 spotlights for £54 each, although I guess this is not much use to you!

sunluvver

still looking!! need new to replace one that no longer works..did not think it would prove so difficult though...any other suggestions?

SheilaW

We scoured the 101 fereterias around Corralejo and found a couple of really nice ones. They all said they stock them, it's just that they never seem to stock more than one of anything. I can understand that of these small businesses but it does annoy me when Ideal (aka Cash n Carry) do it too - in fact most things about Ideal annoy me.

Lulabell

Sunluvver,

Whats faulty with your ceiling fan?? We had to replace the control unit inside the light in our ceiling fan, we managed to buy the spares off E-Bay and bring them over with us. PM me if you need any more info....

Cheers

Lulabell. :D

sunluvver

Hi Lulabell....thank you and yes we think thats probably the prob after completely taking apart. The fan didnt work at all, after tightening a few wires it did start a very slow rotate but thats all!  We managed order an exact same model in a shop in Puerto ...name escapes me...will take a few days.

Expect in a couple weeks shops will be full to brimming with white ceiling fans lol...thanks again

sunluvver

Coelca is the shop name ;)

KWC

I'm not a fan of ceilings tbh

HelenR

isleswing

Why dou't you try to create some much-needed employment on the Island?

Advertise in the Jobs section for a Punkah Wallah :D