• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

Spanish Driving licence & Medical Test

Started by Ole Man River, October 05, 2013, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaraEnLaPlaya

LOL  ;D
Because of your age (sorry!) how long will your licence be valid for? If it is only a 5 year one you should probably start the renewal process again now!   ::)

Captain Sensible

In theory, my new plastic licence should be sitting in the Trafico Office, as it's been 20 days since my temporary licence(for 3 months) was issued.  I chose to collect it rather than having it sent by post.

I will wait another week before I go and collect it. ;)

Ole Man River


                    Thanks Tamara.  Better get started then! No idea how long my new licence is for? 8)

Ole Man River

   
Hooray!!! I received my licence in the post TODAY. 13 days, pretty good aye?
    There is hope then!  8) 8) 8)

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Brilliant - glad it came through in the end! Now, don't lose it  ::)
4 and a half months in total?  ;D

Captain Sensible

I've got my Spanish licence! :D  Collected from Trafico this morning.

akela

I applied for my Spanish licence on the 2nd of September and I still haven't got it!!  Good thing my U.K. one doesn't run out until next year.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Captain Sensible on February 25, 2014, 12:28:06 PM
I've got my Spanish licence! :D  Collected from Trafico this morning.

Congratulations   :D

The success rate is getting quite high now - bet they introduce another hurdle soon, bless 'em.   ::)

Akela - good luck! Have you been in and chased them, made sure they've actually ordered it?

akela

Tamara, have lost count of the number of times have been back.  Think I have my own parking slot now!  And yes they say that they have ordered it from the DVLA.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Sounds like you need to ask them to order a duplicate like I did. I had that delivered to their office to make sure it didn't get lost in the post!

Spike On Q

#40
I've just been fined and given 4 points for endangering two cyclists near Lajares (the medal is due). My EU photo driving license issued by the DVLA in the UK Is currently valid anywhere in the EU (since New EU Directive Jan 2013). The points are stored electronically on the Traffico system. Has anyone had recent experience of this scenario,what was the outcome?

PHo

The EU are trying to make points transferrable, but they are not so far.  Your Spanish points are deducted from your total (12) I think) and if you get to zero in three years you will be banned from driving in Spain, but this is totally separate from UK points. If you are banned in your country of origin, then your licence is revoked and you can't drive anywhere, but if you are banned in Spain with a UK licence you can still drive in the UK or anywhere else. 

Spike On Q

Thanks PHo,  can you clarify  -  are the points just stored on the Spanish Traffico system and the origin of my license unimportant  -  BUT if I stack up 12 points in Spain I cannot drive here?