This weekend's results:

UD Las Palmas C   1    Union Puerto   1
Villaverde   2   Arucas CF   1

Villaverde go top of the league.

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:
Villaverde  3  Antonio   2
Union Puerto  4   CD Goleta  0

Villaverde go 5 points clear at the top, and Puerto are up to 11th.

Captain Sensible

Today's results:

Teror   6  Villaverde  1
Antonio  2  Union Puerto  2

Villaverde stay top and Puerto are 12th.

No games now until 12 Jan, when it's the local derby between Union Puerto and Villaverde.

Captain Sensible

Today's result:

Union Puerto   2    Villaverde   1

Puerto scored first after 20 minutes, and Villaverde equalised before half time.  Villaverde were the stronger team in the second half, but the Puerto sub, Moussa, scored the winner five minutes from time.

A crowd of about 300 there - probably half from Villaverde.

eduard van der veen

Hello Captain Sensible, you are allways giving the right information to all the people on this forum. Thats why I would like to invite you to our foorball ground we have here in Antigua too. We have about 140 young boys and girls * ages from 5 till 16 years* playing football everyday with our new team.* 2 years now* The name is atletico balompedica Isla Tranquilla. Me being the president of these children I invite you to our stadium and enjoy alo the football base as we call it. Where you can see a lot of time better football then with the adults and maybe so we can also get english boys playing in our club, Keep up the good job and hope to see you soon.

Spike On Q

WELL DONE Captain Sensible - I know we joke about, but you are a real community person, you put in so much of your time and work hard to benefit Caleta [who else in the area has so many fancy dress outfits?]. To see you stepping out toward N.H. dressed as a big yellow dog is something everyone should see - that to help the local animal charities. If there was such a thing - you deserve a medal

It's good to see the Mayor recognising you as an important member of Antigua society

baz

Hope to take in the Villaverde game on 19 January - any clues as to the likely kick-off time?  -  Cheers.

Captain Sensible

Thank you Eduard.  I will try to get to visit the football ground in Antigua.  It is difficult as I do work in the evenings.

Spike - Eduard is from the Caleta Business Association, and is not the Mayor of Antigua.  I'm sure he has a lot to say about the Ayuntamiento ;)

Baz - According to this website - http://www.resultados-futbol.com/canarias the match is on the 18 Jan with a 5pm kick off.  Keep checking as it could change.

Spike On Q

Thanks for correcting me Captain - he is a VIP then

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:

Velez  1  Union Puerto  0
Villaverde  3  Acodetti  0

Villaverde are top with 38 points and Puerto are 12th with 22 points

jonesesjourneys

Eduard

I think it has been well documented on this forum that it is not very easy to watch football in Fuerteventura.
Information regarding fixtures and kick off times is not well publicised and can change at short or with no notice.
I think this applies to all levels of football on the island but particularly for the Preferente League and the Leagues below it.
So Eduard if you are the President of your Football Club perhaps you could post all your Club's fixtures on here (like the Captain does for Cotillo and Villaverde) and/or provide any links to the Club or League's website.
Also, I'm sure you will be in contact with Presidents and Officials from other Football Clubs on the Island and perhaps you can suggest they do the same.
I for one would gladly come and watch your games as I'm sure a lot of fellow tourists would if only they knew about them.

JJ

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:

Velez  0   Villaverde  2
Union Puerto  1   UD Guia  1

Villaverde are top with 41 points, and Puerto are 9th with 23 points.

Captain Sensible

A 3 - 1 away defeat for Union Puerto yesterday at Fernando.

No game for Villaverde this weekend.

Captain Sensible

A home game on Sunday 9th for Union Puerto against San Pedro Martir.

I've seen a poster for the game, and it's a noon KO.

Captain Sensible

Yesterday's result:
UD Guia   1    Villaverde  3

Today's result:

Union Puerto   1   Pedro San Martir  1

Villaverde go back to the top.  Puerto are 12th

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:

Villaverde   5  Arguineguin  0
Real Sporting San Jose  0   Union Puerto  0

Villaverde are 1st with 47 points, and Union Puerto are 10th with 25 points.

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:
UD San Fernando   3    Villaverde  1
Union Puerto  2   CF Pedro Higaldo  1

Villaverde stay top, and Puerto are up to 9th

Captain Sensible

This weekend's results:
Villaverde  2  UD Balos  1
Comunicacion  2   Union Puerto  0

Captain Sensible

The weekend's results:
Pedro San Martir   4     Villaverde   0
Union Puerto   0    Teror Balompie  2

Villaverde down to 4th, and Puerto stay 10th.

Captain Sensible

The weekend's results:
CF Acodetti  1   Union Puerto  0
Villaverde  6   Poligono  2

Captain Sensible

Yesterday's result:
Real Sporting San Jose  5    Villaverde  1  - a heavy defeat against the league leaders.

No game for Union Puerto this weekend.

Captain Sensible

The weekend's results:
Villaverde  1  Las Palmas c  1
Arguineguin   1   Union Puerto   3

Villaverde are 4th, and Puerto are 11th.

Captain Sensible

The weekend's results:
Pedro Hidalgo   2   Villaverde  0
Union Puerto   0    UD Balos   0

Captain Sensible

Yesterday's results:
Villaverde   1  Cd Goleta   2
Poligono  2  Union Puerto  0

jonesesjourneys

I went to the Villaverde v Goleta game on Saturday evening:
Villaverde started slowly playing a 5-4-1 formation (at home??) which they didn't appear comfortable with. Goleta on the other hand played a 4-4-2 and were much more fluid and went ahead after some 10 minutes when a free kick was punched away by the Villaverde keeper when he could and should have caught it. A bit of a scramble on the edge of the box resulted in the ball being stroked into the bottom corner.
Villaverde were quite shapeless; they tried to play the killer pass instead of the simple one and tried to beat people unnecesarily then get dispossessed. Much frustration and 3 senseless bookings followed.
Villaverde made 2 subs at half time and went to a 4-4-2 come 4-3-3 formation which worked much better for them. They equalised 15 minutes from time when a digonal ball from right back to left winger was miscontrolled by said winger and ended up in the path of the chasing defender. I have no idea what the defender was trying to do but he succeeded in flashing a 25 yard thunderbolt into his own goal.
You'll have to go a long way to see a better o.g.
The following 10/12 minutes wa end to end as both sides went for the win; but Villaverde were they're own undoing by over elaborating once again. The left back tried to beat a man some 30 yards out, got dispossessed and gave away a free kick trying to get the ball back. As the whole defence stood and watched, a quick free saw the young No 11 chip the keeper for the winner.
All in all Goleta deserved it: it appeared they wanted to stay in this League more than Villaverde wanted to get promoted out of it.
Generally a nice place to watch a game: €3 admission €1 a beer 200 or so there which included some real characters.
I'll be going back in December fuxtures permitting.
JJ

Captain Sensible

The last 2 results for both teams:

Antonio  2  Villaverde  0
Arucas CF  6   Villaverde  0

CD Goleta  O  Union Puerto  1
Union Puerto  1 Las Palmas C  2

Villaverde are down to 6th.

Puerto's win yesterday, lifted them out of the bottom 4.

Captain Sensible

Today's results (the last match of the season) -

Villaverde   0    Teror Balompie  4
Union Puerto   1   San Antonio  1

Villaverde finished  6th and Union Puerto 11th