• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

Warning to all Young Gullible Girls

Started by woe10, August 13, 2013, 14:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddster


Biggles

Quote from: zedzedeleven on August 23, 2013, 09:26:39 AM
You can only stop once. You are not stopping for weeks at a time, you are just having a lay off. Then commencing where you left off. That is addiction.
Wow. Using that false dichotomy I now realise I'm addicted or hooked on loads of stuff.

When I lived in the Middle East - for five years - I also did without bacon, Irn Bru, the BBC, chocolate, ----loads of stuff. All of which have proved to be addictive because I admit to yet again watching the BBC (illegal I know but the craving, the craving ...oh the craving), eating bacon & chocolate and yes I'm back on the Irn Bru - I can go for weeks without it but 'needs' must.

My god I've just realised.. I watched 'Where Eagles Dare' the other night. I hadn't seen it since 1968. My craving must have overcome me after a 45 year layoff. It never lets you go.

Once again your kind concern is appreciated.


dagwood

Quote from: Biggles on August 23, 2013, 12:27:38 PM
Quote from: zedzedeleven on August 23, 2013, 09:26:39 AM
You can only stop once. You are not stopping for weeks at a time, you are just having a lay off. Then commencing where you left off. That is addiction.
Wow. Using that false dichotomy I now realise I'm addicted or hooked on loads of stuff.

When I lived in the Middle East - for five years - I also did without bacon, Irn Bru, the BBC, chocolate, ----loads of stuff. All of which have proved to be addictive because I admit to yet again watching the BBC (illegal I know but the craving, the craving ...oh the craving), eating bacon & chocolate and yes I'm back on the Irn Bru - I can go for weeks without it but 'needs' must.

My god I've just realised.. I watched 'Where Eagles Dare' the other night. I hadn't seen it since 1968. My craving must have overcome me after a 45 year layoff. It never lets you go.

Once again your kind concern is appreciated.
Wow, your very lucky, no mention of the Daily Mail. Now that's a real bad one.

isleswing

Quote from: Paddster on August 23, 2013, 12:11:00 PM
Still a tragedy in my eyes  :(

A tragedy that they brought upon their families.

Nobody can visit the lively parts of Ibiza - let alone work there - without realising what the real world is like. Pushers everywhere, stuff freely available. When you get approached by someone wanting to send you to South America it's blindingly obvious why.They're not going to force you, that's too much effort. They'll just move on and find another dope. They had to know what they were doing.

The good thing to come out of all this is a warning to everyone of just what will happen when you get caught and maybe make a few others think more carefully.

Keith Dean

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!

Three years ago, we where standing in Fuerteventura airport in a queue waiting for the check in to open. The first in the queue tested the weight of his cases on the scales by the side of the desk, they where OK. So lots of other people did the same, including me. Some just moved stuff from one case to another, to get both weights under. One lady realised one bag was overweight and the other right. So she took out a bottle of Bubbly and offered it for free to anyone who had under weight baggage. This offer was taken up by a couple. Landing at Liverpool airport, the only person who was stopped, at customs, was the couple who had the Bubbly. After extensive searches of their luggage, they where eventually allowed to pass. We have always wondered why this couple where singled out in Liverpool and how did the customs in Liverpool get information that they had been handed something to put in their bags.

woe10

Keith, customs are not stupid. Some people think they are. They have all the latest technology. They have scanners that pick ANY Organic Material.So, If you have a suitcase full of ciggies bought from a cheap shop in Caleta, they see them, and  they just call the customs in Liverpool or wherever, and inform them which cases they're in. Seeeemples.

Have you ever seen "Nothing To Declare" on TV. Dogs can smell a single joint up somebody's Rectum  :o

dagwood

Quote from: woe10 on August 23, 2013, 16:47:20 PM
Keith, customs are not stupid. Some people think they are. They have all the latest technology. They have scanners that pick ANY Organic Material.So, If you have a suitcase full of ciggies bought from a cheap shop in Caleta, they see them, and  they just call the customs in Liverpool or wherever, and inform them which cases they're in. Seeeemples.

Have you ever seen "Nothing To Declare" on TV. Dogs can smell a single joint up somebody's Rectum  :o
Customs are not stupid, but its a requirement of their contract of employment, that their parents are unmarried at the time of their birth.

woe10

Quote from: Paddster on August 23, 2013, 12:11:00 PM
Still a tragedy in my eyes  :(

Yes it is a Tragedy Paddster. The Tragedy being the way young girls like this are being brought up. They don't watch the News on TV, they don't read Newspapers. Ask them where Syria is. They haven't got a clue. Probably never heard of it, or Peru come to that.

Th Wannabe Generation. Ask what colour eyes Chery Cole's got, they'll know that. Or who's on the panel of the next X-Factor. Yep, got that one.

Andy Warhole once said, "Everybody will be famous for 15 minutes". Well, they got their 15 minutes, and more ..... 

Paddster

Quote from: woe10 on August 23, 2013, 17:15:06 PM
Quote from: Paddster on August 23, 2013, 12:11:00 PM
Still a tragedy in my eyes  :(

Yes it is a Tragedy Paddster. The Tragedy being the way young girls like this are being brought up. They don't watch the News on TV, they don't read Newspapers. Ask them where Syria is. They haven't got a clue. Probably never heard of it, or Peru come to that.

Th Wannabe Generation. Ask what colour eyes Chery Cole's got, they'll know that. Or who's on the panel of the next X-Factor. Yep, got that one.

Andy Warhole once said, "Everybody will be famous for 15 minutes". Well, they got their 15 minutes, and more ..... 
I actually agree with ya woe,they just don't look into the real world and i think they don't realise how dangerous it is out there,there's some nasty people around...

Ivemovedon

dead right woe. about time we started thinking of the victims of drug running than the perpetrators. They are 20, they can drink smoke and vote and are adults.They should have been taught if you cant do the time don't do the crime.

SurfJames

Just legalise and tax drugs....

No income for the mobsters and tax for the revenue.

Same numbers taking drugs but the money won't supply gun running and other unpleasant activities.

Job done.

(Problem is this will upset the blue rinse brigade and that cost votes!)

woe10


Paddster

They really don't care.........................Sad............ :( :-[ :'(

dandare

Well I think Biggles has an excellent sense of humour !
Hats off to you sir, and keep the funny quips/quotes coming.
Good to read some light hearted stuff on here, amongst all the doom and gloom.
Lifes for living, innit.

RVEEE

Some people are just not very bright.

When the very nice man dripping with gold suggested that they took a 'holiday with baggage supplied' without any risk - for which they would receive a huge amount of cash, why didn't they just wonder why the nice man couldn't take the baggage across himself and save all that money.

Biggles

Quote from: woe10 on August 24, 2013, 20:48:07 PM
SAY NO MORE

Briton, 31, found floating dead in the sea after cocaine, ecstasy and speed binge in Ibiza

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2400825/Briton-31-floating-dead-sea-cocaine-ecstasy-speed-binge-Ibiza.htm
Sorry Woe I'm not trying to pick a fight with you - I agree with what you were saying about the way some kids are brought up - but you did omit one drug in your summary (that was played down by the Daily Mail).

"Clubbers who partied with Mr Sharp before he was found dead have told investigators he was also drinking heavily."

Contrary to what one member probably believes, in no way do I advocate the drugs you did mention - I abhor their very existence.

On the other hand I think Surfjames is the only one of us who has offered a possible solution. I think he's also right that it will never happen because of political pressures.

If anyone is really interested in reading about both sides of the argument - pro and anti prohibition - there's a well constructed piece here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arguments_for_and_against_drug_prohibition
Apparently most people who read it though only read the arguments they already agree with - that's human nature I suppose.

Paddster - Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt the pictures of young people having fun were taken after hearing of the tragic death of the young man.

RVEE - I do actually doubt them - but there does still exist the possibility that the two girls were telling the truth that they did it because their families were being threatened. Baddies have been known to do things like that. We just don't know.
I'm proud of the British Legal system (warts and all) - its motto is "Innocent till proven guilty".

I do agree with the premise of this whole thread - that this case will hopefully serve as a warning to gullible young people.

Paddster


wavell ave

Quote from: zedzedeleven on August 23, 2013, 09:26:39 AM
You can only stop once. You are not stopping for weeks at a time, you are just having a lay off. Then commencing where you left off. That is addiction.
just like you on the forum ha ha ha ?????

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

The only things you post wavell are c & p's of ZZ's posts..you really have the hots for him dont you...it's sweet all that adoration there but a bit spooky with you being his own personal stalker  ;D ;D   ;D
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Paddster


Blueboy7


woe10

Just when they thought they were going to get off lightly by merely pleading guilty, the Judge has now demanded they they NAME the people involved in sending them to Peru. Damn right too, now the fun begins.

Also while they're inside, they should be given a photo album of all the young people who have over-dosed on Cocaine in the last 10 years. Giving them something to think about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432452/Peru-Two-prosecutors-demand-information.html