• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

Guess who the next set of visitors will be?

Started by fifi, January 30, 2013, 23:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifi

...................The Americans should be arriving on direct Boeing 767s  next year if all goes to plan. The Tourist board are planning to connect the East Coast of America with direct flights to the Island and will be extensively marketing the Island for the next five years.  :)

woe10



Paddster


Ronnietheblue

More McDonalds opening then, can hardly wait :(

whyme

I'm opening a doughnut shop. Loadsamoney!!!!

Ronnietheblue

Doh!!! Disneyland Caleta, that's the way forward ;)

duncolm

Even if this doesn't come true, can we keep the rumour going?
My guidebook hasn't been getting sales in the USA yet....  :)

Gonzo

Hi Duncolm,

Can you tell me if your guide book is available on devices other than the Kindle?

Many thanks


duncolm

Hi Gonzo

My book's subject to an exclusive deal with Amazon which expires in March. I'll review the situation and I might be able to make it available in other forms after that.

meggie


meggie

Duncolm whats the title of your guide book.

woe10


woe10

Quote from: Paddster on January 31, 2013, 05:37:41 AM
Always on a downer u woe ?  ;)

Paddy, I´ve been here long enough to take these things with a pinch of salt.  One of the main reasons for extending the Airport Runway, demolishing the nicest part of El Matorral, and my Favourite Restaurant in the process, was the hairy fairy story the Tourist Board put out, that 1000´s of Americans would be coming over daily, in Jumbo Jets, to play Golf  8) 8)

Of course, the idiots made the runway too short, and Jumbo Jets could only land, but not take off with a full load  :o :o   So that was the end of that.

Any more Horror Stories you want to know Paddy !!!


 

cllrcollins

I seem to remember a certain individual setting up an airline in 2009, think it was El Sol Airlines :D Still not available on skyscanner!

Hope it's true about the Yanks, but they don't have a habit of opening the wallet or purse too often!


Forum Post 2009
Good Morning Everyone.
I have been advised by my team to not print any specific details of our progress. However, I can tell you all that we are making good progress. Unfortunately, setting up an airline is not like buying some spuds from the supermarket and does take some time! I will continue to let you know as much as I can without putting our position at risk!

Sorry
Tommy

duncolm

Quote from: woe10 on January 31, 2013, 22:10:29 PM
Quote from: meggie on January 31, 2013, 21:59:17 PM
Duncolm whats the title of your guide book.

"A GUIDE TO FUERTEVENTURA"   :o :o

Even more catchy
'Holiday in Fuerteventura'

Voldermort

Well if the Yanks do come once they get down to the beaches, especially those nice out of town ones, they`re in for one helluv a shock  :o :o   They are even more narrow minded and easily shocked than the Italians  :P

fuerte crazy

Even if this was true, it wouldn't be good for the local businesses as the yanks notoriously do all inclusive holidays rather than self catering so the only winners will be the all inclusive hotels!  They like to tip big at the very beginning of their "vacation" so they get preferential service from the waiters etc.......  sod the rest of the guests - they have to wait patiently in line whilst the obnoxious yanks push to the front of the queue at the bar or the hot food counters!!
I certainly don't look forward to hearing the drone of an American accent when I'm sat on the beach or when I'm walking round Caleta of an evening
Just my honest opinion

Paddster

Woe,i'm more than happy to sit with a beer and listen to you regale me with your stories,lets meet up when i get over,i'll pay,no problem....... :)

Paddster

Quotewhyme

    Jr. Member
    **
    Thank You
    -Given: 0
    -Receive: 2
    Posts: 98

    With us since
    02/09/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYears
        View Profile
        Email
        Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Guess who the next set of visitors will be?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:05:11 am »

    Quote
    Thank You

I'm opening a doughnut shop. Loadsamoney!!!!




Save the trouble,go to Pan Tarajal = FANTASTIC little bakery ! The cakes are beautiful to look at and its dirt cheap for a brew/sandwich/cake compared to a lot of places in Caleta........HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  ;D ;D