El Hierro

Started by admin, October 12, 2011, 10:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jand

17/12/2021 - 20:00h Canary Islands. - SEISMO ACTIVITY-VOLCANIC IN TWO ZONES OF THE CENTER OF TENERIFE, THE CALDERA AND ITS WEST SIDE IN THE ADVANCE AND GUIDE ZONE. - These days it's been almost a monographic of La Palma, Today quiet for more than 3 days, let's hope it falls asleep and it's not a nap, but there are more things. I've been with an eye in Tenerife for several days and it's that the Capitalina island presents seismic activity about 6-8 km in the area of Adeje and about 8-11 in the area of Caldera and guide of Isora. Well, this is what is known through the IGN earthquakes, which has located about 11 in the area in 15 days. But when the venda is separated, it turns out that in 14 days there are 59 located by Involcan in the same areas.

This is not new, it is the activity I already highlighted in post 593 a few days ago where I remember that it is the continuation of something that started 5 years ago and that we have already had stronger swamps in that area, in October 2016, November 2017 November 2018, July 2019, December 2020 and more.. We can go back to 2004, even more so... since the 80s things have been located in the area, but there is nothing, nobody knows anything and much less what to do if something like what happened in the Palma happened in Tenerife. If it was worse on top, a scene like the last eruption of White Mountain, very explosive, so turn off and let's go, let's go parts:

First I present to you, again for those who don't know, this report on Tenerife, is very alive... and it could surprise us without any problem like the Palma has done, preparing to eruption by warning only a few weeks in advance.

https://www.ign.es/web/resources/volcanologia/pdf/2019-07-09_Informe.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2Q5zX70---8TkqNNc1nou3-_-XRifU2XCDZBYTmRLvku-ZlysFQNgaoB8

If he went out for Adeje, of course we already know how it can be seeing what happened in the Palma, it's worrying, a VEI3. It would be a Stage 1

But geology gives bad news, it turns out that the central volcano of Tenerife is very large, the third largest on the Planet in volume, and is that the complex of the Teide-Pico Viejo Building, also makes eruption and are not basaltic eruptions always, most in that area are Phonolithics, much more explosive and of course more powerful than living in the Palma.

We're talking about an eruption to the height of the Vesubio had and that struck a pump, a VEI4-5, a plenary and of course if it would be a problem that no one wants to see and for what we are not prepared at all. I hope this never happens. Studies say the last time it was 2000 years ago, maybe something more recent... 1200 years ago... but happen, surely it happened. This would be a scenario 2, above which could come preceded by a scenario 1, it's tremendous Tenerife's recent geological history.

http://www.iehcan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/6_Solana_2010.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1f5s8pO3R9TKOD7SfLJY_IhK_F5CCi-YTOvPOjK7Zh35pVtyBMozETW98

Still editing the post (Enrique)

https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/267404349_1464659183932044_1021088699781374509_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Xiwp3DjVeTcAX8sbXxW&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT-qSBjS2tzshMm3bIp2HY39OMWciss2foVcbVuJTVraqg&oe=61C11E4A

jand

La Palma Volcano remains calm, but small quakes continue
Update Fri 17 Dec 2021 16:45

For 3 days, no eruptive activity has taken place, and the likelihood that the eruption is actually over is clearly increasing. The cone only shows mild degassing and no lava flows are active any more.

Official confirmation when the eruption is declared over will likely need to wait a little longer. Some doubt remains as to the significance of the continuing Earthquake activity: although of low energy and overall on a decreasing trend, it remains significant, and could indicate that magma at depth is still able to pressurize and fracture rocks at depth and create intrusions that might eventually allow it to rise further. However, this is far from certain - it could also be adjustments of the system triggered by the massive shifts of masses that has occurred during the eruption. In the latter case, the quakes should slowly die out.

During the past 24 hours, there were 3 quakes of magnitudes 3.3-3.5 at 35-36 km depth, in addition to many more smaller quakes (22 quakes of magnitudes 2.0-2.9 and 48 quakes below magnitude 2.0). If looking at the various maps published of recent quakes, it might seem that there is a a strong increase of quakes. This apparent increase, however, is mostly in the number of quakes, especially for those in the deeper region around 30-40 km. This is mostly an artifact caused by the absence of volcanic tremor, which acted as noise during the eruption and was simply hiding smaller quakes in its signal. Now, the very sensitive seismic devices are again able to pick up very small quakes below magnitudes 2, as well as quakes deeper down (whose signals at the surface are much weaker). In other words, most of the apparent increase of quakes is only an increase in detection sensitivity. Still, a weak increase in the total energy of the seismic activity remains visible for the past 48 hours or so. With most likelihood, it is part of a normal fluctuation, but nobody can be sure.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/lapalma/sep2021seismic-crisis/current-activity.html?refresh

jand

18/12/2021 - 18:30h Canary Islands. - ERUPTION OF PALM ISLAND. - DAY 91 - (86+5). - 5 DAYS REST ON SURFACE AND STOPING. - FIRST SESMIC CALM - STILL PRESSURE AND GAS TO GO OUT, HOPEFULLY THEY COME OUT WITHOUT A LOT OF PUMP. - This ends and there are many interesting things to tell, we have the first seismic calm since September 11 without earthquakes for hours located that there are no and in addition this calm allows to see things that with the noise of tremor not we saw, among other things the noise we humans make or noise of anthropic origin that is clearly marked in the tremor. The telesisms that are in the form of peaks are also marked, especially that of Indonesia of 7.3, but also others closer, today two peaks of earthquakes in Greenland and Italy.

This noise is also felt in the form of planes or helicopters passing by and resounding over the Taburiente boiler, forming 100% entropic signals in the TBT sensor and it is known to only occur in tropic activity hours, of 8 from the morning to 8 of the afternoon more or less.

I have been warned of the presence of gases in low areas as well as of an anomaly of gases in the bulb area, with a bubble about 50 m from the shore that they have gone to investigate, natural thing in this process if we think that to close the main conductor, gases looking for other routes and it seems there are some fumes or skins (no vapor smoke) in areas over that conductor, with some emission points.

In the main crater you can see perfectly how the gas continues to come out, tiled, besides the water vapor, as in this video of volcanic. In addition, they have formed precipitation in many areas that have been upholstered with a white color due to the rainfall of salts, carbonated surely. Yellow areas are due to sulfur deposits and possibly some more halogenized salts such as F, Cl and others.

https://twitter.com/DottirG.../status/14...5505455115...

These gases, such as CO2 or SO2 can be accumulated in low areas, basements and closed premises and move to oxygen, being dangerous to get in there as there could be breathing problems and even die of choking. We saw this in some videos a few days ago.

https://twitter.com/ElTimeL.../status/14...3153218570...

In fact it has come to my knowledge that many animals have been found who have suffered this in the lightbulb area where there are cats, rats and many dead birds, at least they are evacuated. The possible bubble point.

This gas pressure can be seen as LP03 low, but LP04 goes up and that indicates pressure in the lower part of the pipeline that developed following the NW dorsal. And it's that those gases have to come out somewhere.

But this is not new, there are areas that have been bubbling for years like the point of the Caldera de Taburiente, which with this volcano has renewed its energies, or even hot waters like those of Fuencaliente, whose heat comes from the volcano.

https://twitter.com/OndaPalma/status/145...8002051078...

If we analyze the seismicity of the last days, we perfectly appreciate the activity in the dorsal NE ( black ) which continues, since it was the dorsal by which the deep magma climbed to the surface reservoir at 10-12km, but in changed also obese rva a relaxation of efforts with a general deflation of the island when seismically activated the interdorsal areas (yellow) and oddly there is a point of two fractures that cross in front of the port of Naos where they say the bubble is, when less curious, since the g I really did it before I knew this information.

In the last hours, since the past 6 am, there are no localized earthquakes, and it is not a mistake, barely see signs of seismicity on the Island, which is the first seismic calm lap we have since the swarm began on 11 September. This fact is one more step and confirms that the volcano has stopped, we'll see if it's finished, we have to wait a few days, for caution and because this volcano has come out palm.

We still have something to give for this finished, it has to go cooling, some areas will take years, it has to be gone degasifying and most of all people have to go back and start thinking what we will do with the slate that has put us on the na tourism. In addition to the volcanic cone, some tube of lava will have to stay, some area of the coladas field too, but I am a supporter of the reconstruction of some runners who go through the laundry as it was done with the coladas of San Juan and that much people recover their roots to that one palm land, hard as few, but with enviable Weather, a paradise when the volcano allows it. I hope it stays still for many years. In fact between the eruption of 1949 and the previous one of the Charco in 1712, there were 237 years of calm. I'll just leave it right there. Good night.

(Enrique)

jand

Apparantly there are bubbles in the sea near Puerto Nao.s

I put you the updated graphic in the area where they have put the bubbles, curiously in an area where there is a point of two fractures that mark the earthquakes and cross in front of the port of Naos where they say the bubble is, when I we curious, since the chart i did before i knew this information. (Enrique)

https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268936656_1465329240531705_5832934662869547722_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=ZBOBqRgKgyMAX_K6Nct&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT_H4b7Y3DYzv6Y4wI8UO04zFUWGXEEqmcsqUQrPTRVqzw&oe=61C3315B

jand

INVOLCAN scientists, tiny to the size of a volcano, have conducted various sample shots today.

https://www.facebook.com/INVOLCAN/videos/1169444923587482

jand

The earthquakes La Palma have started again at 20:36.

2.3 mbLg
N FUENCALIENTE DE LA PALMA.ILP
2021/12/18 21:03:42
eleven

2.3 mbLg
SE TAZACORTE.ILP
2021/12/18 20:38:39

2.4 mbLg
BE THE STEP.ILP
2021/12/18 20:36:39
3. 4

jand

Continues eruptive activity on the island of #LaPalma (19-12-2021 09:00 UTC)

➡ Since the last statement, a total of 10 earthquakes have been located on the island of La Palma, none of them felt by the population. Magnitude ranges between 1.6 and 3.2 (mbLg).
➡ The location of hippocentres continues under the central area of Cumbre Vieja in the same areas as in previous days. 3 superficial earthquakes, 3 earthquakes at depths between 11 and 15km and 4 earthquakes at a depth of more than 30km have been located.
➡Asimismo, low frequency (LP) events are still detected in the records of the stations of the island in addition to localized volcanic-tectonic earthquakes.
➡ In the last 24 hours, volcanic tremor continues without being observed, maintaining the seismic noise at levels near the pre-peruptive period.
➡Like the previous day, the network of permanent GNSS stations on the island does not show significant deformations that can be associated with volcanic activity.
➡ In view of the image calibrated at 08:49 UTC, no broadcasts are appreciated. The height of the cone is measured getting a value of 1.122 m. above sea level.
🌋 The IGN continues its presence on the island, where the CAVE (Center of Attention and Eruption Surveillance) has been established, maintaining, denensifying and improving the surveillance network.
🗞 Full story:
👉 https://bit.ly/3q6N5ON
#IGNSpain #Terremotos #SerieSismica #Canarias #ErupcionLaPalma #volcandelapalma #VigilanciaVolcánica #LaPalma

jand

19/12/2021 - 20:30h Canary Islands. - ERUPTION OF LA PALMA ISLAND. - DAY 92 - (86+6). - 6 DAYS OF SURFACE REST AND STOPING. - THE REMAINS OF THE ERUPTION -

The eruption ends, the conduction closes and clear, the seismicity clearly marks it as without pressure the ground tries to return to its normal position, the magma crystallizes and cools in the conduit and the little ones the earthquakes tell us that is closing. We've had those earthquakes throughout the eruption, but with the tremor they couldn't locate them because they were very small and the tremor hid them. Now they are the rest, the system relaxes, but it has to finish relaxing and that is shown with diffused seismic activity, both above and below.

There are a few.. 7 today.

es2021yuslf 19/12/2021 19:04:34 28.6180 -17.8859 4.0 km M 1.4 mbLg S EL PASO. ILP
es2021year 19/12/2021 18:06:27 28.6182 -17.8793 2.0 km M 1.3 mbLg S EL PASO. ILP
es2021yuodk 19/12/2021 16:54:14 28.6137 -17.8501 4.0 km M 1.5 mbLg IS THE STEP. ILP
es2021yugpg 19/12/2021 13:05:37 28.6067 -17.8880 4.0 km M 1.6 mbLg S EL PASO. ILP
es2021ytxwc 19/12/2021 08:41:22 28.6197 -17.8788 2.0 km M 2.3 mbLg S EL PASO. ILP
es2021ytrpz 19/12/2021 05:31:55 28.6196 -17.9076 2.0 km M 1.6 mbLg from FRESH. ILP
es2021ythzw 19/12/2021 00:40:18 28.6243 -17.8808 1.0 km M 1.6 mbLg S EL PASO. ILP

Deformation is very stable and there is almost no pressure. The magma moves deep, almost like it goes back, a slight deep pressurization is visible, a 3.2 this morning is the most notable, but it keeps relaxing and we're going down.

es2021ytnij 19/12/2021 03:21:40 28.5877 -17.8202 40.0 km M 3.2 mbLg SW VILLA DE MAZO. ILP

As for the volcano, today we woke up with a flow that continues to fall down the cliff by the area of the Hoyas, and is that if we look at how the lava tubes are formed, they do it when the liquid lava inside the tubes flows by gravity and Let him go hole (the lava tube), and as I finish the feeding 6 days ago, that does not mean that it does not continue flowing in some points, a rest of the eruption that is worth naming, because although it is lava moving, it is no longer for activity, but the rest the bone of the eruption.

Another of the eruption remains are gas bags concentrated in some areas of the island such as the Port de Naos and the Lamp area, which are low areas. Inside houses and basements there are also, so you have to be very careful with them, the danger is atufarse, or what is the same, get into a place where CO2 or other gas has shifted to oxygen and when you do not notice, you simply lose knowledge. and if they don't get you out of there in a short space of time, you may die. Gradually it will normalize, a little patience, that keeps stopping, that's the good news.

Although it is stopping, we can not give it for sure, in fact it is very possible that there is some Earthquake felt above the magnitude 4 one of these days, because these volcanoes when they finish the activity the deep area still war a little, with what do you not worry if we have someone else, who will remind us that he's still there, and that he's sleeping, with what a late afternoon snoring will give.

A big hug and a lot of encouragement to all the palmers who have thanked me day by day, it is appreciated. I will follow up with the tracking of volcanic activity, which is not so daily, but if I will do some, like the previous eruption, whose reading I recommend so you see how we smell this eruption. Greetings and good night.
(Enrique)

jand

Continues eruptive activity on the island of #LaPalma (20-12-2021 09:00 UTC)

➡ Since the last statement, a total of 30 earthquakes have been located on the island of La Palma, none of them felt by the population. Magnitude ranges between 1.3 and 2.5 (mbLg).
➡ The location of hippocentres continues under the central area of Cumbre Vieja in the same areas as in previous days. 4 superficial earthquakes, 17 earthquakes at depth between 11 and 15km and 9 earthquakes at a depth of more than 30km have been located.
➡Asimismo, low frequency (LP) events are still detected in the records of the stations of the island in addition to localized volcanic-tectonic earthquakes.
➡ In the last 24 hours, volcanic tremor continues without being observed, maintaining the seismic noise at levels near the pre-peruptive period.
➡The island's GNSS permanent stations network shows an elevation of about 6cm at the LP03, which is the closest to eruptive centers. Significant deformations that could be associated with volcanic activity are not observed in the rest of the stations.
➡ In view of the image calibrated at 08:45 UTC, no broadcasts are appreciated. The height of the cone is measured getting a value of 1.122 m. above sea level.
🌋 The IGN continues its presence on the island, where the CAVE (Center of Attention and Eruption Surveillance) has been established, maintaining, denensifying and improving the surveillance network.

🗞 Full story:
👉 https://bit.ly/3IXB7Qa
#IGNSpain #Terremotos #SerieSismica #Canarias #ErupcionLaPalma #volcandelapalma #VigilanciaVolcánica #LaPalma

jand

The volcano continues to degasify, while there are news indicating that the deformation in the pipeline area, at the station LP03 has risen 6 cm (unofficial sources say that last night I reached 8cm and now lower) and in addition they have been located various s LPs, which would indicate magma movement in depth, possibly the drive between both reservoirs. Thankfully the superficial seismicity does not reveal that it seeks another way out or obviously presurice in some area. Although the fact that there is no seismicity could reveal that it moves smoothly and does not need to pressurize, which I doubt a lot, because it would be heard by the noise it would make and it would be noticed in the tremor.

You'll have to wait a couple of days to see if it's a simple recap or something more irritable can come behind and just open a mouth (before I'd give a signal of tremor for sure), for now there's no tremor, so let's go well. Then I expand it.

It's not worrying at the moment, and I think it will continue to stop, but it needs to be watched. I already said it's stopping, but it's not over. (Enrique)
IGN - CNIG Facebook paragraph

"➡Simismo, low-frequency (LP) Events are still being detected in the records of the island's stations in addition to localized volcano-tectonic earthquakes."

8 minute quick camera recording from Dos Pinos reservoir at 13.00 Canary time. Weak degasification.

https://www.facebook.com/INVOLCAN/videos/2911303639200027

jand

By the way the volcanic system is buzzing or squeaking unstable for the last hour, it is possible to be audible in some places, it is like a glissando, but much weaker, it looks like gases. (Enrique)

https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/269401336_1466538083744154_7331193270406320473_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=sJsdsceXBxMAX9B_nLj&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT9SafffZud06UouYjba2IucHkL0rnuh6pw6I4FL0DtMhg&oe=61C6B1ED

jand

jand

OT but there has been a M6.2 California.

M 6.2 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - 2021-12-20 20:10:27 UTC

Magnitude   Mw 6.2
Region   OFFSHORE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Date time   2021-12-20 20:10:21.6 UTC
Location   40.48 N ; 124.42 W
Depth   15 km

jand

19/12/2021 - 20:15h Canary Islands. - ERUPTION OF LA PALMA ISLAND. - DAY 93 - (86+7). - 6 DAYS OF SURFACE REST AND STOPING. - WAITING FOR THE REPUTATION - DEFORMATION AND GAS BUT NOT SISMICITY. - The volcano continues to stop, but it does not do it as fast as in previous days, with a small rebound in deformation, especially on the LP03 which marks 6 cm (and has reached 8 cm and lead) of elevation and also goes south, indicating a pressure ization in the end zone of the conduit to and across the island they sink and move westbound. Interestingly in the South, that LP01 station marks something strange that you will have to see if it is an error or repeat, but it goes 2cm south, 6cm east and rises 6cm, which is not a very normal data, but it will have to confirm with more facts, just one is not worth me.

https://www.abc.es/espana/canarias/abci-localizada-deformacion-6-centimetros-zona-mas-cercana-cono-202112201725_noticia.html?fbclid=IwAR34svlZRBpFbYKuOE_HQR80wy7qMWe5X4RFmN5NDX4_F5i62cmjz_LhR64

Now we have to see if there will be a general recession in the gases, which seems to be coming out of sight of the slips and noises in the seismograms and accumulate towards the area of the Port Naos and the bulb, possibly from the area where the passes Driving towards the Volcano through the Jedey area towards this area of Port de Naos. I have no updated stream data.
The tremor rises a bit today, but it's because of the sea state, which generates more noise with the higher wave height located in the seismographs, and will go for more in the coming days. The magma is still standing, except some residual conduit or volcanic tube where yesterday there was still a little lava flow activity, especially a video with an open jam.

BEACHES IN LA FAJANA..

https://twitter.com/RTVCes/status/1472987442462482432?s=20
Coladas thermal flight: 20/1272021 Ticom 8:00h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-HzcloQtY

ACTIVE GAMES, HAVE THEM, HAVE THEM YESTERDAY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8p2yKnHNso

But the seismicity does not seem to know the matter and there is no more seismicity, rather the opposite, it continues to calm down and this is good, because the magma is like an elephant in a hunt and will make a lot of noise if it wants to move.

Now comes a wobbling fourth, we'll have a little recession and then it'll surely calm down completely. For example in the PEVOLCA for example do not discard the possibility of a new strombolian episode with airing new coladas as it already happened in the eruption of San Juan. You have to cover your back because you don't get a hair cut. At the moment I don't see it, for that it requires more seismicity, high gases and more evidence, but you never know or have data that I don't have.

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/palma-registra-seis-20211220113410-nt.html?fbclid=IwAR0Iol3Hhw7vmh4iCY93wdhjb-3z3aW1cPET5BDQTCNpO2_94LXIhcih-0Q

https://www.atlanticohoy.com/sociedad/se-cumplen-tres-meses-erupcion-volcanica-palma_1501057_102.html?fbclid=IwAR1phHYmVdt47Y8wcTulUKrDn4HpxKwhQSwsErtQtvVQwv14Y9kbz2Dj9Hs

Although there is something that bothers me, there is a deep unlocalized seismicity, generating long term events or quite deep "LPs" that are marked in the low frequency area, some look perfectly, several of them are seen as both Last at 16:55h, 18:14h. These events mark a depresurization of fluid or deep flow movement, possibly between the surface reservoir and the depth where all seismicity is located.
I end up with the important, it continues to stop, it has not had new eruptions despite the deformation and the days are passing and the magma is cooling and crystallizing in fractures, dicks and ducts, sealing the magma that remains down there of the super fix it, so if you want to come back going out, it has to reopen, and at the moment it doesn't seem willing to do it (seismically speaking it doesn't move or pressure) - we're heading towards the blackout that's not little, but it's not over.

I think there will be a recap in the next few days, hopefully with no more consequences than a few earthquakes (there may be a 4+) and that ends in many years, without more things, 50 at least. Between 1712 and 1949 the island enjoyed 237 years of tranquility. Between 1949 and 1971 they were 22 years, and between 1971 and 2021 they were 50. greetings and much encouragement. (Enrique)
  ·   ·

jand

The signs of depletion of the volcano are corroborated, but there is still a risk due to poor air quality
Once the eruptive process is finished, experts warn that it will take many weeks to return to normal

On Tuesday morning, the heads of the scientific committee and the Geophysical Center in the Canary Islands of the National Geographic Institute (IGN) have appeared to give an account of the latest news from the La Palma volcano.

The volcanologists have corroborated the signs of depletion of the volcano, with a deformation as well as failures and collapses in the area of ​​the cone, which do not affect the data that point to said depletion.

Despite said depletion, the deadline for which it is to be terminated ends within four days, experts point out that the risk situation for the population will continue for a few weeks even if the eruption is terminated.

Today, the tremor is at the level of background noise and the seismicity at very low levels, although earthquakes felt by the population are not ruled out. Only a local deformation has been detected that began on the 19th and has remitted. Low range of emissions in the area. The air quality is at good levels in all the stations except in San Antonio, from the 19th to the 20th and in the early hours of today good levels of air quality are maintained.

To date there are 547 sheltered and 43 dependents in the Cabildo facilities.

Gas is worrying in the area of ​​La Bombilla, Puerto Naos and El Remo and this morning farmers have been allowed access to El Remo and Puerto Naos, but not to La Bombilla and access to buildings or tool rooms has not been allowed.

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/directo-expertos-pevolca-20211221142401-nt.html#vca=web-push&vso=canarias7&vmc=Se_consta_el_agotamiento_del_volc%C3%A1n&vli=_

jand

Gas measurements made by
@UMEgob
they confirm the presence of elements that are harmful to health in the exclusion zones, even those far from the cone.

#PEVOLCA reminds: the danger persists and these areas cannot be accessed without authorization.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1473271955142987779

jand

Some worrying comments from the islanders La Palma this morning on Volcanes y Ciencia Hoy.

All Translated

Good morning Enrique from Tacande el Paso... near the volcano.. WAKE UP WITH THE SMELL OF SMELL TILES!! AND A COLOR BLUE! I'm going to have a good time

Maria Luz Trujillo
Delia Rodríguez Guerra yes... a lot of breaded sulfur is seen, even the east smells of sulfur

Top fan
Delia Rodríguez Guerra
Maria Luz Trujillo me here in Tacande can't open the door! I'm going to have a good time

Luis Gonzalez Martin
Maria Luz Trujillo and there is an increase in deformation in several stations the Lp3 rises and recovers the deformation of 6cm from the day before yesterday

https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/269772878_10220794767594214_7047197931827552128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=D1E3EeH2ylcAX8MvB2l&tn=LqcKW8-AD3xBRzWk&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=00_AT94ui0JPsEMpGNZw_nuBJ9jpR8MH3ZrBfUVxIQHmZE_tQ&oe=61C8E973

jand

Scientists warn that the end of the eruption does not mean that there are not "some dangers"
López added that in order to say that the eruptive process is complete, the recorded and observable data must be maintained at current levels for two more days.

The observables, both direct on the surface and from the surveillance systems, continue to corroborate the signs of exhaustion of the eruptive process of the La Palma volcano, although the end of the eruption does not have to imply the end of some dangers associated with the volcanic phenomenon. and the end of the magmatic reactivation in Cumbre Vieja.

This has been warned by the spokesperson of the Pevolca Scientific Committee, Carmen López, who indicated at a press conference that the only significant data is that the local deformation episode that began on December 19 persists, which requires its monitoring, without being observed variations in the rest of the data and observables.

Carmen López added that in order to say that the eruptive process is complete, the recorded and observable data must be maintained at current levels for two more days.

For his part, the technical director of Pevolca, Miguel Ángel Morcuende, has insisted that the security measures regarding COVID-19 continue to be complied with by the population and recalled the need for those people who access, especially in the South of the emergency, to clean homes take all due precautions, ventilating the house where you intend to access and not accessing places below ground level, due to the risk of accumulation of gases.

The visible emission of volcanic gases continues to be punctual and sporadic, concentrating in the area of ​​the eruptive centers and in the jameos of the volcanic tubes. Continuous small collapses occur in the walls of the main and secondary cone craters in favor of existing faults and fissures.

The tremor is at the level of the background noise. Seismicity, which is of low magnitude, is at very low levels at all depths. Despite the current level of seismicity, the occurrence of felt earthquakes is not ruled out.

The emission of sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere by the current eruptive process in Cumbre Vieja was low yesterday. The low and very low emission rates are not related to magma rise, but rather to a process of solidification of the superficial magma existing in the conduits of the eruptive center.

In the case of non-visible volcanic gas emanations, the diffuse emission of carbon dioxide (CO2), associated with the 220 km2 of the Cumbre Vieja volcanic system, continues to reflect an emission higher than the average value of the background levels (B ) and yesterday this diffuse emission was 8.5 times the average of the background levels (8.5 x B).

During yesterday, the air quality due to sulfur dioxide (SO2), a pollutant associated with the eruptive process, continued at good levels in all stations and no hourly or daily limit values ​​were exceeded at any station. In the early morning and tomorrow of today good levels of air quality are maintained in all stations.

Regarding particles smaller than 10 microns (PM10), yesterday good levels were maintained in all stations, not exceeding the daily limit value (established at 50 micrograms / m3) in any of them. During the morning of today the values ​​are between good and reasonable in all the stations of the network.

Regarding particles smaller than 10 microns (PM10), yesterday good levels were maintained in all stations, not exceeding the daily limit value (established at 50 micrograms / m3) in any of them. During the morning of today the values ​​are between good and reasonable in all the stations of the network.

Those housed in hotels stand at 557, eight more than yesterday. Of the total, 394 are staying in Fuencaliente, 70 in Los Llanos de Aridane and 93 in Breña Baja, managed by the Red Cross and municipal services. In addition, 43 dependent people continue to be cared for in insular health centers.#

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/cientificos-avisan-erupcion-20211223154925-nt.html

jand

Me gustaría desearles a todos una Feliz Navidad y los mejores deseos para el Nuevo Año.

I would like to wish you all a Merry Xmas and all best wishes for the New Year .

jand

The flows reach temperatures of up to 180 degrees despite the fact that the volcano is depleted
The deformation episode that began last December 19 at the Jedey station (LP03) persists and requires follow-up

The weakness of the tremor, the temperature of the coladas and jameos, and the general stability of all the parameters, have been some of the issues that have been discussed at today's meeting of the Steering Committee of the Special Plan for Civil Protection and Emergency Attention for Volcanic Risk of the Canary Islands (PEVOLCA), coordinated by the Minister of Public Administrations, Justice and Security, Julio Pérez.

The technical director of PEVOLCA, Miguel Ángel Morcuende, recalled that during today and tomorrow, on the occasion of Christmas Day, there will be no accompaniments. This will be repeated on December 31 and January 1, 2022. Likewise, he insisted that, when the evacuated areas can be accessed, it must always be done in a accompanied manner, the homes must be permanently ventilated and wait, minimum 15 minutes to enter it, focusing on not entering underground areas such as semi-buried warehouses or garages. In addition, he explained that there are still areas of very hot casting at shallow depths that oscillate around 180 degrees in temperature.

María José Blanco, spokesperson for the Scientific Committee, pointed out that the observables, both direct on the surface and from surveillance systems, continue to show signs of exhaustion of the eruptive process. If this trend continues for the next 24 hours, the PEVOLCA Plan would end the eruptive process. However, the end of the eruption does not imply the end of some dangers associated with the volcanic phenomenon, nor the end of the magmatic reactivation in Cumbre Vieja.

Seismicity continues at very low levels at all depths and tremor continues at the background noise level. Despite this, earthquakes that can be felt are not ruled out.

Regarding deformation, the episode that began last December 19 at the Jedey station (LP03) persists and requires follow-up, although no variations are observed in the rest of the data and observables. Regarding the visible emission of volcanic gases, it is punctual and sporadic, concentrating in the area of ​​the eruptive centers and in the jameos of the volcanic tubes. In addition, small collapses in the crater walls of the main and secondary cone and existing fissures continue to occur.

During yesterday the air quality due to sulfur dioxide (SO2) was at good levels in all seasons, while the emission rate has been low and very low. This is not related to magma ascent, but to a process of solidification of the superficial magma existing in the conduits of the eruptive center.

The diffuse emission of carbon dioxide (CO2) continues to reflect an emission higher than the average value of the background levels and, in fact, yesterday this diffuse emission was 8.5 times the average of the background levels. In some specific areas of Cumbre Vieja, these diffuse CO2 emanations can represent a danger to people as long as high values ​​of diffuse CO2 flux are registered in areas that are not very well ventilated and / or at heights below one meter from the ground as a consequence. of the possible accumulation of CO2 and decrease of oxygen in the air. At the Los Llanos de Aridane station, a slight magmatic-hydrothermal fraction continues to be recorded in the CO2 in the soil atmosphere, while at the Fuencaliente station it is practically nil.

Regarding the concentration of particles less than 10 microns (PM10), air quality levels are maintained in all stations, although yesterday there was a slight increase in them from noon, not exceeding the daily limit value in none of them. However, during this morning the levels remain between good and reasonably good in all the stations of the network.

Regarding the meteorological conditions, the west component wind is expected to turn to the north component during the next morning, weak with a predominance of breezes. Daytime cloudiness is expected today and, as of the next morning, the arrival of a weakened Atlantic front is expected, which will probably produce weak to locally moderate rainfall on the northern slope of La Palma. In this sense, the operation of the airport in the next few hours will be subject only to purely meteorological conditions due to the absence of volcanic ash in the troposphere.

Those housed in hotels stand at 560, three people more than yesterday. Of the total, 385 are staying in Fuencaliente, 105 in Breña Baja and 70 in Los Llanos de Aridane, managed by the Red Cross and municipal services. In addition, 43 dependent people continue to be cared for in insular health centers.

Daily opinion of the Scientific Committee

The observables, both direct on the surface and from surveillance systems, corroborate the signs of exhaustion of the eruptive process. The end of the eruption does not have to imply the end of some dangers associated with the volcanic phenomenon, nor the end of the magmatic reactivation in Cumbre Vieja.

The local deformation episode that began on 12/19 persists, which requires its monitoring, without observing variations in the rest of the data and observables. To be able to say that the eruptive process that began on September 19 is complete, the recorded and observable data must maintain the signs of depletion of the system for one more day.

The visible emission of volcanic gases is punctual and sporadic, concentrating in the area of ​​the eruptive centers and in the jameos of the volcanic tubes.

Continuous small collapses occur in the walls of the main and secondary cone craters in favor of existing faults and fissures.

Wind from component O that will turn to component N during the next morning, light with a predominance of breezes. Today daytime cloudiness is expected. As of the next morning, the arrival of a weakened Atlantic front will probably produce weak to locally moderate rainfall on the N slope of La Palma. The operation of the airport is subject to purely meteorological conditions, due to the absence of volcanic ash in the troposphere. The trend for the next few days is stable and dry weather around the eruption.

The tremor is at the level of the background noise. Seismicity, which is of low magnitude, is at very low levels at all depths. Despite the current level of seismicity, the occurrence of felt earthquakes is not ruled out.

Regarding deformations, without a trend in all stations of the network, except for a local deformation in the Jedey station (LP03) that began on the 19th, it continues after having partially reversed.

As a consequence of the weakness and intermittency of the volcanic gas plume, the SO2 emission ranges will be expressed in units of kilograms per second (kg / s) from this report (*). The emission of sulfur dioxide (SO2) into the atmosphere by the current eruptive process in Cumbre Vieja (visible emanations of volcanic gases), registered through the use of remote optical sensors type miniDOAS in a land mobile position, was LOW yesterday ( 12/22). The LOW and VERY LOW emission rates are not related to magma rise, but rather to a process of solidification of the superficial magma existing in the conduits of the eruptive center.

In the case of non-visible volcanic gas emanations, the diffuse emission of carbon dioxide (CO2), associated with the 220 km2 of the Cumbre Vieja volcanic system, continues to reflect an emission higher than the average value of the background levels (B ) and during yesterday (12/22) this diffuse emission was 8.5 times the average of the background levels (8.5 x B). This diffuse emission is estimated after evaluating and integrating hundreds of diffuse CO2 flow measurements that are carried out at observation points distributed throughout the volcanic building of Cumbre Vieja. In some specific areas of Cumbre Vieja, these diffuse CO2 emanations can represent a danger to people as long as high values ​​of diffuse CO2 flux are registered in areas that are not very well ventilated and / or at heights below one meter from the ground as a consequence. of the possible accumulation of CO2 and decrease of oxygen (O2) in the air. At the Los Llanos de Aridane station (LP10) a slight magmatic-hydrothermal fraction continues to be recorded in the CO2 of the soil atmosphere, while this is practically nil at the Fuencaliente station (LP08). All these geochemical observations are consistent with the current eruptive process. At the Los Llanos de Aridane station (LP10) a slight magmatic-hydrothermal fraction continues to be recorded in the CO2 of the soil atmosphere, while this is practically nil at the Fuencaliente station (LP08). All these geochemical observations are consistent with the current eruptive process. At the Los Llanos de Aridane station (LP10) a slight magmatic-hydrothermal fraction continues to be recorded in the CO2 of the soil atmosphere, while this is practically nil at the Fuencaliente station (LP08). All these geochemical observations are consistent with the current eruptive process.

During yesterday the air quality due to sulfur dioxide (SO2), a pollutant associated with the eruptive process, continued at good levels in all seasons. No exceedances of the hourly or daily limit values ​​have been recorded in any station. In the early morning and tomorrow of today good levels of air quality are maintained in all stations.

With regard to particles smaller than 10 microns (PM10), yesterday, air quality levels have been maintained in all stations, with a slight increase in them from noon, not exceeding the limit value daily (set at 50 µg / m3) in none of them. During the morning of today the levels are maintained, between good and reasonably good in all the stations of the network. Consult the website of the Government of the Canary Islands for Air Quality:

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/coladas-alcanzan-temperaturas-20211224164121-nt.html#vca=web-push&vso=canarias7&vmc=Las_coladas_siguen_a_180_grados&vli=_

jand

María José Blanco: "The volcano has been unpredictable, it evolved very quickly"
The Canary Islands director of the National Geographic Institute emphasizes that this "is going to be the first time that the reconstruction of an area covered by lava flows has been undertaken"

The volcano in Cumbre Vieja has been "unpredictable" for the scientific community, which has been surprised "by the speed with which it has evolved", although within that unpredictability "the most notable changes in its behavior have been anticipated."

This is attested by the director in the Canary Islands of the National Geographic Institute (IGN), María José Blanco, who has served as spokesperson for the scientific committee of the Volcanic Emergency Plan of the Canary Islands (Pevolca), in alternation with her colleague Carmen López, throughout the almost three months that the eruptive process lasted.

Blanco points out, in an interview with Efe, that the eruption began earlier than scientists calculated based on the evolution of the seismic swarm detected just a week earlier under La Palma, and recalls that its completion "was also very abrupt."

At 9:00 p.m. on Monday, December 13, the volcanic tremor disappeared , the vibration produced by the displacement of magma to the surface, just one day after a phase of great explosiveness.

In between , the volcano alternated, as was collected every day in the report prepared by the Pevolca scientific committee, phases of greater or lesser activity. There was even a total stoppage for more than ten hours .

That happened on September 27, eight days after the eruption began , and was, according to Blanco, one of the most delicate moments of the entire volcanic crisis.

Scientists feared explosions much more violent than those that the volcano had then to unclog the conduit between the subsoil and the crater and to expel lava with great effusiveness.

So many and so rapid were the changes in the behavior of the volcano, by stromolian, Hawaiian and even Vulcanian phases, that it did not give rise to holding meetings of the crisis committee more spaced apart in time.

The analyzes every 24 hours were "minimal and essential" and, there were even days when two meetings were held due to the rapid advance of the laundry, reports Blanco.

A rash "without manual"

Several times throughout the volcanic crisis it has been heard that the eruption has been "manual". However, María José Blanco points out that " there was not much manual" to face this type of emergency beyond the historical references of the eruptions that occurred in the Canary Islands previously.

"None like this one", except that of the underwater Tagoro volcano, in El Hierro , which occurred ten years ago, has been "so closely monitored", says the director of the IGN in the Canary Islands.

That of Cumbre Vieja has allowed the different scientific institutions involved in the crisis to improve their knowledge and the tools for monitoring and analysis, and with this, polish "the advice" to the authorities in charge of managing the civil protection emergency.

Another recurring expression regarding volcanism in the Canary Islands is that the eruptions are quiet.

In this regard, María José Blanco affirms that in the case of La Palma "they occur in the same areas and their behavior has a wide range . This has not left that range except for the duration and the large volume of casts it has issued. It does not differ much from the San Juan volcano, which occurred in 1949 also in the Aridane Valley, on the Cumbre Vieja ridge.

The most significant novelty, according to Blanco, is that " this volcano puts on the table, Canarian society and its managers, that the eruptions are there . By ignoring them, they will not stop happening ", he says.

He believes that one of the major lessons of this eruption is that "legislation must be enacted so that the recovery phases are increasingly simple".

It emphasizes that this "is going to be the first time that the reconstruction of an area covered by lava flows has been tackled."

Coming home, a long process

He warns that the return home of those who were evicted but their homes resisted the passage of the lava will not be a short process.

"We are talking about weeks" for the degassing of the casts to end , "and months for the total cooling" of them, although in areas where the thicknesses exceed 50 meters, "that period will be even longer."

It has been a hundred days at the foot of the volcano, in which the key, says Blanco, has been to "keep a very cool head and not put all the meat on the grill from the beginning."

He acknowledges that the greatest difficulty has been to put an expiration date on the volcano and adds that in the scientific literature it will appear that its duration was 86 days.

The ten additional days until it was officially shut down were "as a precaution" and because it recalls that volcanoes like San Juan were reactivated after several days of standing still.

He admits that one of the things that has surprised him the most is "the appreciation of the palm society for the work of science . " «For me it would never have been imaginable. People come up to us to thank us ", value.

However, he knows that, sooner or later, that notoriety and that recognition will be significantly lowered.

Blanco ironizes that «going back to anonymity has some very good parts», but clarifies: «Just as they will forget the actors, they will not forget the phenomenon, which has to be present in the head -of the people- and in the plans educational at all levels.

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/maria-jose-blanco-20211225191836-nt.html#vca=web-push&vso=canarias7&vmc=%22El_volc%C3%A1n_ha_sido_imprevisible%22&vli=_

jand

Seismic activity continues on La Palma; nine earthquakes tonight
None of them felt by the population and most of the earthquakes are located at depths of less than 10 km

The 24-hour monitoring volcanic surveillance network of the National Geographic Institute (IGN) has located nine earthquakes overnight on the island of La Palma, none of them felt by the population, despite the completion of the volcanic eruption .

The seismicity continues under the central area of ​​Cumbre Vieja, in the same areas of previous days. Most of the earthquakes are located at depths of less than 10 km, two at intermediate depths, between 10 and 15 km, and only one at depths greater than 20 km.

The maximum recorded magnitude was 2.2 (mbLg) corresponding to two earthquakes located at 05.19 and 07.05 hours, with depths of 37 and 12 km . Nine earthquakes were located yesterday, two of them with magnitudes greater than 2.0 (mbLg). Neither was felt.

https://www.canarias7.es/canarias/la-palma/continua-actividad-sismica-20211226111007-nt.html#vca=web-push&vso=canarias7&vmc=Contin%C3%BAa_la_actividad_s%C3%ADsmica_en_La_Palma&vli=_

jand

26/12/2021 - 22:15h Canary Islands. - THE LA PALMA VOLCANO AND ITS SESMIC SWIMMING STILL STOPS. - IN TENERIFE THERE IS A TRACK OF Earthquake IN THE AUTHORITY AREA AFTER 5 YEARS OF UNBREAKABLE ACTIVITY. - In the graph of seismic energy released on the island of La Palma it is observed as each time it emits less seismic energy, or what is the same, it continues to stop, with a release something stronger every two days, (with an Earthquake of greater magnitude) and that besides they are less, which indicates that he is still standing and sleeping that it is not little.

But today I also have to look at Tenerife, where there is a seismic swamp going on for almost 5 years in the Adeje - Vilaflor area with a ball of Earthquake about 5-8 km deep and that in the last 5 days he is suffering tensions regionals around a seismic axis in the direction of NNE-SSW that make it move seismically and hopefully they don't last long, because if a road is opened in the rock, the magma will start moving that way.

Today's Earthquake in Icod de Vines of 1.1 to 9 km is very interesting as we had another also 1.1 to 10 km last 27 September in an area that gave a lot to talk about in April - May 2004 (an eruption expected in October 2004) and I hope it's still calm, but every time it moves I get chills. In addition it is aligned with the area of the Caldera, the swamp of Adeje and up to an Earthquake of 2.7 south, which denounces very clear regional efforts.

But the problem is not neither the earthquakes of Icod of the wines nor the Earthquake
earthquakes in Adeje, the biggest problem is that this activity affects to some extent what is beneath the central building Teide Pico Viejo in the center of Tenerife Island. In particular I mean the phonolithic magmatic camera that is between 12 and 15 km under the boiler of the Canadas del Teide. The 2004 intrusion ended there, the 2016 one in Adeje and those that followed it also affected the camera one way or another, so the system is more complex than it seems.

I'm not going to count on what's next, but I'm leaving you a more than interesting article to catch up with if you want to know more about Tenerife.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/39352522_Los_peligros_volcanicos_asociados_al_complejo_del_Teide_y_los_Rifts_activos_de_Tenerife

What will eruption do is for sure, what we don't know is when it will and for now no one knows, a month, a year, a decade or so. I don't think much more. Just keep learning and preparing for it will come. Let's hope that the next eruption will be like the historical, basaltic, like the one in the Palma, because whatever the other one in the center, of a phonolithic type, we are not ready.

https://www.elespanol.com/ciencia/medio-ambiente/20161007/161234726_0.html?fbclid=IwAR2CwURPYKw9AR3ZPjXhRVyVGvzfp4fqr8w-OdlsS2UPI0sP97vEVQbVYTU

Much encouragement and greetings. (Enrique)
P.S. I have a long journey tomorrow and I don't know if I'll give time to post, For now everything is quiet... that's not little. Now is the time for reflection.

jand

La Palma the earthquakes have still been continuing daily last night a swarm has started again .

From midnight until 08:27 this morning there have already been 24 earthquakes .

All can be viewed on the link below.

http://www.ign.es/web/resources/volcanologia/tproximos/canarias.html?fbclid=IwAR3GEqfr-AJg4p18QS_fWpPmSxss6-_xwEAQJjv-33JqoKCac_KxSOqQ0A8