Schengen 90 day limit

Started by spitfire58, February 13, 2021, 11:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire58

𝗘𝗗'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗕𝗔𝗚: Will it be worth it? 😕🤔

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫,

As a “would-be” stuck in cold, dark, wet, Covid-stricken UK, I do hope that the Canarian Government will realise that, if the EU's three months in any six months visiting rule is adhered to, it would make second home ownership in the archipelago unattractive. It would mean that, in the six winter months starting on the first of October, one could only stay a total of twelve weeks.

It simply would not be worth paying council and catastro taxes all year and water and electricity charges just for the twelve weeks in winter that are permitted.This is without taking into account the capital investment, normal maintenance and the insurance and bank charges.

The Islands must offer value for money, or it will become yesterday's destination.

I would be very grateful if you would pass my thoughts on to those in a position to do something about it.

𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬
-
𝘌𝘥: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘎𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘶𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘕𝘪𝘤𝘬, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭. 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘍𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘱𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘯. 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 180 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘦.

paully

Spain has already said it intends to offer visitor visas to stay for a lot longer than the 90 days. That is a Madrid decision but because they are a rag tag coalition everything takes time to sort out. I think they`ll announce the details when passenger traffic resumes. Back burner for now but it will happen.....Keep the faith mate..You still BB??...Thought you`d be Marshall Dillon by now ;) ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Quote from: paully on February 13, 2021, 16:42:20 PM
Spain has already said it intends to offer visitor visas to stay for a lot longer than the 90 days. That is a Madrid decision but because they are a rag tag coalition everything takes time to sort out. I think they`ll announce the details when passenger traffic resumes. Back burner for now but it will happen.....Keep the faith mate..You still BB??...Thought you`d be Marshall Dillon by now ;) ;D ;D

Hi Paul, is that just your hopeful speculation or have you seen something to back this up. I would be v interested to see 😁

I currently have a petition “live” on FB to petition the U.K. government to reopen negotiations with the EU to balance travel arrangements EU/U.K. to up to 180 days in 365 in one block (same as U.K. have given EU)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/569365?fbclid=IwAR3MTlMxq3PtwJ3pudcw8o5mEVVHzkBa2_fA0s9F98MTflT1ymrZT0ztgjo

paully

Quote from: spitfire58 on February 14, 2021, 10:09:35 AM

Hi Paul, is that just your hopeful speculation or have you seen something to back this up. I would be v interested to see 😁

Not speculation I saw this some time back but I can`t remember where..The Portugese have already said they will issue visas for extended stays and the Spanish tourist minister, indicated, Spain would do the same. However its way down their list of priorities but I do know from Gib contacts that this present Government appreciates the value of ex pats and wants our continued business, hence I`m confident that he extended visa will happen..
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Quote from: paully on February 15, 2021, 18:33:47 PM
Quote from: spitfire58 on February 14, 2021, 10:09:35 AM

Not speculation I saw this some time back but I can`t remember where..The Portugese have already said they will issue visas for extended stays and the Spanish tourist minister, indicated, Spain would do the same. However its way down their list of priorities but I do know from Gib contacts that this present Government appreciates the value of ex pats and wants our continued business, hence I`m confident that he extended visa will happen..

Thanks Paul,
I had seen both of those suggestions in other places, just wondered if it had been taken further & I had missed it. As you say, think it will be a ways down the priority list ☹️

bookman

I know it does not help in the short term, but I did read that Visa on-line will be introduced in 2022.

spitfire58

Is that linked to the intro of ETIAS ?

paully

Quote from: spitfire58 on February 21, 2021, 19:47:20 PM

As far as I know, the extended stay visa and Etias are two seperate things. The visa would be unique to Spain, in this instance, but ETIAS is an EU wide entry visa to the whole of the EU. Similar to the USA. Initally it won`t cost much and will be valid for 2 years but will replace the need to give your passport details on various transport booking forms.
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Quote from: paully on February 22, 2021, 09:13:23 AM
Quote from: spitfire58 on February 21, 2021, 19:47:20 PM

👍👍😁😁😁

As far as I know, the extended stay visa and Etias are two seperate things. The visa would be unique to Spain, in this instance, but ETIAS is an EU wide entry visa to the whole of the EU. Similar to the USA. Initally it won`t cost much and will be valid for 2 years but will replace the need to give your passport details on various transport booking forms.