Excavation, Campo de golf, Caleta

Started by gattaca66, December 12, 2017, 13:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gattaca66

I'm intrigued....does anyone know the purpose of the huge excavation between the Campo de Golf and las Salinas golf? I know they are shortly to start building the latest flats/villas development a little further down, but this is quite separate. They have excavated a hole maybe a hundred metres by seventy, maybe ten metres deep or more, with vehicle ramps to continue removing the spoil.... any ideas?!

Captain Sensible

Land has been allocated for a new primary school and a health centre up there, so maybe one of the projects has started.

MandK

Quote from: gattaca66 on December 12, 2017, 13:36:57 PM
I'm intrigued....does anyone know the purpose of the huge excavation between the Campo de Golf and las Salinas golf? I know they are shortly to start building the latest flats/villas development a little further down, but this is quite separate. They have excavated a hole maybe a hundred metres by seventy, maybe ten metres deep or more, with vehicle ramps to continue removing the spoil.... any ideas?!

The large hole has always been there, but until recently was full of large rocks, some have been removed over the last few months . 

Windermeregolfer

I saw this enlarged hole last week when golfing on Las Salinas it was the pile of earth and rock that brought it to my attention, not sure what is happening but as Captain S says it is in the area where the community facilities are to be developed.

I am also not sure of the ownership boundaries between the two golf complexes, to the west / inland side of this big hole is another large hole that looks as though it is being used for garden / golf course landfill, plus there is an rough dirt area where you could walk across from by the 1st green on Fuerteventura Golf to behind the 18th tee on Las Salinas, some even took cars across, this short cut has now been fenced off as I found out last Friday and had to extend my walk 😪😪😪 somewhat to collect my car after a night out 😁😁😁