• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

mortgage question (sorry)

Started by jill tie, February 02, 2017, 11:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill tie

last year I had the floor clause part of my mortgage removed.  This saved me approx 180 euro's per month in interest.   However on my statement regarding the mortgage it shows the capital part of my mortgage had gone up by approx 85 euro's per month.   I have asked the bank several times I have emailed different departments and got no where.  Can anyone explain why if the interest rate is lowered or changes why this would effect the capitol repayment?   Has this happened to anyone else?  I am with Banca March. 

COPPERS

A repayment mortgage is a very complicated formula to work out.  If you are paying 180 euros less each month and your term of your mortgage has not increased then really that's all that matters.  If you asking for a exact breakdown in your mortgage schedule  repayments then you may have to go through to the technical department of the bank :D