Princess jandia

Started by mr mrs trucker64, January 14, 2014, 15:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr mrs trucker64

What's the chances of the hotel being almost empty @this time of year . Bothered about getting near the naturist pool . Went in May the last time we in fueteventura . It was busy

Magoo

It's a while since I have been, but it was possible to nip next door into the Fuerteventura Princess & use their Spa / Naturist area. No doubt everything is controlled by wrist bands now.

Anyway, we prefer the beach, as the sea is warmer than any Fuerty swimming pool. Hope you enjoy your stay 

notdeadfred

Ha, now I know why the FP naturist area was always so busy! There were no wristbands in use when we were there last May (and staying at the FP!), and the FP as a whole was very quiet (occupancy was only about 33% we were told), yet the nudist zone was always packed - with interlopers it now seems!

Just as well that, like Magoo, we prefer the beach anyway.

mr mrs trucker64

The last time I was there they had silver wrist bands

notdeadfred

When were you there? Was it after May last year?
I know the Jandia Princess introduced coloured wristbands for various "categories" of guests a couple of years ago, but the Fuerteventura Princess was not using them in May.

MinRich

Wristbands ! One of the reasons we don't go to these places  >:(

mr mrs trucker64

Well here now can tell you that wrist bands are in force ...

notdeadfred

Just to be clear, where are the wristbands in use? The Jandia Princess, or the Fuerteventura Princess, or both?

bedouin

Quote from: MinRich on January 15, 2014, 13:54:15 PM

I was at SBH Club Paraiso Playa a year ago - all inclusive, but no wristbands, presumably because it's fairly isolated.  But if you happen to be wandering past on the beach, and fancy a drink, and can be bothered to drag yourself up the 100+ steps, it could be worth a visit!

Magoo

Ah yes, the Paraiso Playa. It is rumoured that F1 teams carry out wind tunnel tests on their cars in that hotel. I have hauled my carcase up those steps a few times

bedouin

It's actually not a bad hotel; I was pleasantly surprised.

jocelyne81

We are just back from Club Jandia Princess.
Yes you are supposed to wear wrist band.
And we refused.
And they gave us some type of hotel cards proving that we are part of their all inclusive package with relevant dates. With a nice remark that we are allergic to wristbands!

Nobody ever asked us to see these cards in the daily life (restaurant, adult areas access, sauna) with one exception : for ordering drinks during the day at first time we met a new bar employee, which is kind of legitimate. 

Quote from: MinRich on January 15, 2014, 13:54:15 PM

dampsquib

I was amused to read this comment from CDLSX on Tripadvisor re a January 2014 stay at the JP: 'The nudists mostly kept themselves to themselves apart from some wondering around the sauna/showers/jacuzzi area in the nud. which was not acceptable, we spoke to the ladies who ran the spa who were fed up of this as well and got security involved to sort this matter. There is a dedicated area for it - stick to it'.
SHOCK HORROR! Naked people in the Sauna/Shower area! Whatever next?
Still, I'm glad CDLSX stays at the JP, as I'm next door at the FP.

dampsquib

Just had a wander around the JP. To be fair to CDLSX (see my previous post), the sauna area is now fenced off from the naturist zone. Bizarre arrangement! Signage now says that you must be clothed in the Sauna area. The sign says "Outside this area (Naturist Zone) you cannot be naked". Seems I need to start sleeping in pajamas again. I bet usage of the sauna and steam room has dropped off, unless more broadminded guests, just ignore the signs. When the hotel was refurbished, I'm not impressed with the designers redesign of the sanua/naturist area. I'll stick to the FP. Hope they have no crazy plans to follow in the footsteps of the JP as their refurbishment progresses.

bedouin

That is a bit strange, isn't it?  Especially as a lot of guests are likely to be German.

Magoo

Quote from: dampsquib on February 08, 2014, 23:17:50 PM
I'll stick to the FP. Hope they have no crazy plans to follow in the footsteps of the JP as their refurbishment progresses.

Might be difficult as the saunas are embedded in the naturist area. In any case, the German clientele at the FP are very protective of the "purist" sauna experience as far as I remember