• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

Holiday Insurance!!

Started by KWC, July 25, 2013, 18:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notdeadfred

Lots of good useful and timely info in this thread for me. My lovely bank (Santander) has just announced that it is cancelling my packaged current account which came with Travel Insurance and Medical Insurance up to age 79. These policies were the main reason I opened this account in the first place, thinking it would avoid having to try and get or renew policies as we get older. It's either not possible or hugely expensive as others have said.

I now have to investigate getting alternative cover as from October, so will be trying some of the suggestions in this thread. Thanks.

Then I might try a mis-selling claim against Santander!

sugarbabe

Thanks so much for your help. The hospital is always an option - not used it myself but went with a friend and the service was very good. Perhaps the best idea is to actually visit the clinic and ask!

fifi

I was seen and discharged both times at A&E within an hour Sugarbabe so I was happy enough with that. You are definitely entitled to be seen free of charge at any of the Centros de salud with just the EHIC too. You will need to show your Passport and EHIC and provide your address on the Island.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: notdeadfred on July 30, 2013, 11:27:25 AM
Lots of good useful and timely info in this thread for me. My lovely bank (Santander) has just announced that it is cancelling my packaged current account which came with Travel Insurance and Medical Insurance up to age 79. These policies were the main reason I opened this account in the first place, thinking it would avoid having to try and get or renew policies as we get older. It's either not possible or hugely expensive as others have said.

I now have to investigate getting alternative cover as from October, so will be trying some of the suggestions in this thread. Thanks.

Then I might try a mis-selling claim against Santander!
Let us know how you get on Fred, and which company you choose. I`m looking to change from the execrable Columbus and up to now I have been pleasantly surprised to find the bigger companies are only a tenner or so more than Club Direct (part of the Columbus group).
At present I am favouring Barclays.
Mentor to the boneheads.

dagwood

I hope this may be of some help. If you hold current private health insurance all you need is cover for lost bags, flight disruption etc. This should be available regardless of age or impaired health.