• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

THIS WEEK - Celebrate the Battle of Tamasite - Tuineje

Started by Spike On Q, October 06, 2012, 13:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midlife

Is that the 20th?  if so then great as I'll be there.

Captain Sensible

Spike's video shows the arrival of the British  on the beach at Gran Tarajal and the parade around the town.

This year, the re-enactment , is on Friday 12 October at midday.

In the evening, from 5.30pm in Tuineje, there is a Romeria (a traditional walk through the town with an offering to San Miguel).  At midnight there is an all night Verbena(party).

On Saturday 13 October, the re-enactment of the Battle of Tamasite takes place near Tuineje from 11am.  This year is the 272nd anniversary of the British troops being beaten by the local farmers!

Spike On Q

Our house overlooks the battleground [I think]. If you want to watch from there on Saturday we'll have an open house with drinks and a raffle - proceeds to The Twinkle Trust

Contact me for an invite



falkirkdan


glenys

I can't believe I missed your little party. Hope you made lots of money for Twinkle.  :-*

Spike On Q

As you know Dan Fuerteventura is a peaceful Island and in Tuineje they just gloat each year over the defeat of the British - so no battle just lots of marching and drums. Good though!

duncolm

Here are a few photos from the invasion of Gran Tarajal beach