• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

It´s A Blue Moon Tonight !!!!!

Started by woe10, August 31, 2012, 13:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10





FRIDAY 31ST AUGUST.
IT´S A BLUE MOON TONIGHT

It´s the second Full Moon of the month, hence a Blue Moon. Nobody knows why it´s called that, as the moon isn´t actually Blue. It happens once evry 2 or 3 years, hence the saying "Once In A Blue Moon.

I think actually, it´s when Man City fans have to buy Man United fans a drink  ;D


Captain Sensible

There'll be an excellent view of the Blue Moon tonight in Fuerteventura as it's so clear today :D

glenys

Thanks for the info woe, I didn't realize that's where the saying comes from. I wish I was in Fueteventura to see it as it's very cloudy here tonight but hopefully I'll get a look.

fifi

It was too cloudy in Dublin to see anything. Pity. :(

falkirkdan

The moon does not look any different from its usual colour here on the Clyde whitish.   However the full moon was on Thursday night and the moon is now waning.   Maybe we wll get a good day on Sunday.   Fingers crossed for Sat was lousy.

woe10


Interesting article as to why it´s called a Blue Moon or Belew Moon, meaning Early, according to old Clerics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon

denboy

don,t like blue moons,prefer the red sky at night. :) :)