Author Topic: Car hire prices up  (Read 2240 times)

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
Car hire prices up
« on: August 24, 2021, 17:47:11 PM »
Just tried to book car hire for this year.

Autoreisen Base model £28.75/day, our 23 days = £661.22 !!

All other suppliers seem to be double last year.

Any ideas why, or how to get round it?

Thanks, Suendrob

Offline jocelyne81

Re: Car hire prices up
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 18:18:07 PM »
You seem to be very right sueandrob.
Except that prices seem to have increased further more! They now seem to be three times higher than las year ! It is just crazy !

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 09:09:59 AM »
What is being said is, the increase is due to a shortage of hire cars, as due to the pandemic, there were obviously no customers, so most of the vehicles are leased, and were returned to the leasing companies, thus causing a shortage, however, if you go to the airport, that would not appear to be the case as there are as many vehicles there as there ever were, although if you go to The White Centre car park in Caleta, which under normal circumstances is full of hire cars, there are not that many, is it a shortage of vehicles or profiteering? the choice is yours. :-\ ::)

Offline paully

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 12:23:12 PM »
Profiteering would be my choice John..Because they have lost so much money they are hell bent on recouping as much as possible in as shorter time as they can. Caring little for the damage they could well do to the tourist infrastructure..A lot of the Canary Islands trade is dependant on hire cars. That is something they all risk at their peril.
I HATE computer thingyss