Author Topic: Travelling to Spain  (Read 1100 times)

Offline tl2222

• Sun's up!
Travelling to Spain
« on: March 06, 2021, 09:45:24 AM »
As a resident here, if I want to travel to mainland Spain, are there restrictions? Looking at June, so assume I won't have had a vaccination by then. Would I need PCR/Antigen test and would I have to quarantine?

Offline Buffalo Bill

Re: Travelling to Spain
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »
You need to be clearer. Are you saying you have Residencia in Fuerteventura and you want to travel from Fuerte to Mainland Spain?

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 09:13:03 AM »

Offline tl2222

• Sun's up!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 09:49:34 AM »
Yes. I live here and will shortly collect my TIE. I have friends in Almeria and am hoping to visit in June. I cannot find anything on the government website to say whether such a journey is permitted.

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 12:28:12 PM »
Strictly speaking at the moment you need a valid/Legal reason for travelling to the Mainland from the Canaries. You also need a Negative PCR although you can complete a declaration to say you will get tested within 72 hours of Arrival.
There are also controls regarding ‘movement’ on the mainland depending on the infection rates in different municipalities.
I think things will change quite a lot before the Summer as the Spanish will undoubtedly open things up to allow City dwellers to travel to the Coast. They did last Summer which led to the second wave but it’s impossible to deprive the Spanish of their beach holidays.

Offline tl2222

• Sun's up!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 09:53:14 AM »
Thanks Bill. Fingers crossed we're all back to normal soon!

Offline paully

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 10:14:36 AM »
The Spanish Government, according to GBC, are proposing to introduce some form of vaccine passport by the 19th May..I think progressively things will spread out from thereon, so travel inter Spain may well come sooner than outside visitors..Have aread anyway

https://www.gbc.gi/news/spain-looking-introduce-vaccine-passport-19th%C2%A0may-coinciding-fitur
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 08:50:00 AM »
Ah the Vaccine Passport otherwise known as the VPI (Vaccination Propoganda Instrument) soon to be used by Governments around the World to threaten Vaccine shunners into getting the Jab.
I’ve got an advertising slogan for them....
Don’t BE a Prick, just do it, and have the Prick.

Offline calculator

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 08:24:42 AM »
Strictly speaking at the moment you need a valid/Legal reason for travelling to the Mainland from the Canaries. You also need a Negative PCR although you can complete a declaration to say you will get tested within 72 hours of Arrival.
There are also controls regarding ‘movement’ on the mainland depending on the infection rates in different municipalities.
I think things will change quite a lot before the Summer as the Spanish will undoubtedly open things up to allow City dwellers to travel to the Coast. They did last Summer which led to the second wave but it’s impossible to deprive the Spanish of their beach holidays.

A PCR test is NOT required to travel from Canarias to mainland Spain (and never has been required). It's only required traveling TO the Canary Islands FROM  the mainland.

A valid reason for travel may be required depending on restriction levels in both origin and destination. That situation is very changeable and can only be assessed within days of traveling.