Author Topic: Covid - Some Good news at last!  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Buffalo Bill

Covid - Some Good news at last!
« on: February 17, 2021, 16:50:31 PM »
In light of all the depressing news surrounding Covid 19 such as post Brexit horror stories, cancelled flights & Quarantine Hotel food. I thought I’d start a thread to inject a dose of positivity and hope into your otherwise pitiful and Vitamin D deficient Lives. So Sunseekers, without further ado, let’s highlight and celebrate some of the positive things to come out of the Pandemic. I’ll get the ball rolling. Numero Uno....

It’s wiped that pathetic schoolboy grin off Boris Johnson’s stupid face

Offline paully

Re: Covid - Some Good news at last!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 17:57:31 PM »
Johnson??...you mean yes yes yes yes No Johnson?  :P..Lets move the goalposts so often even we don`t know whats going on?..The fat useless fool is sadly still there so can`t think of anything to be gleeful about. He`s a menace to the rest of us
I HATE computer thingyss

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 17:57:31 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:25 AM »
That’s right PC Paully. If the Fat Cuntroller was American he would be impeached but at the very least he should be tried for Treason and locked up in the Tower of London for confusing the good folk of Blighty. Even Prince Philip has been admitted to Hospital as he doesn’t know if he’s coming or going. Alternatively, he could be made to compete on Dancing on Ice dressed only in a pair of tanned tights with Donald Chump as his partner.

Anyway, I digress. Another super benefit of Covid-19 is the reduction of 90% in Carbon emissions due to no more planes in the sky.
That means the World won’t End in 2030 any more. Hurrah!

Offline paully

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 13:17:38 PM »
Don`t be too cocky Bill...Don`t forget Princess Nut Nuts in the background with the hold over her dad...sorry Dad of her kid I meant to say...She`d have us all back to ox carts and sandals if her looney lot get their feet under the friggin table..Thats another reason Bonzo need to go so we can resume some sort of normal life..
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 18:25:12 PM »
From what I read and see most of Johnson's cabinet postings and dismissals appear to be orchestrated by Carrie Symonds. Almost everyone being shoe horned into positions of power are high on her Xmas card list. It's why Johnson is forging ahead with his green agenda, probably all his policies on the issue being instigated between the bed sheets. Perhaps I'm being overly critical but Its quite scarey that our elected PM who is notorious for not being able to keep his pants up for long, is so easily swayed by a session in the sack.

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »
I’m sure if the News of the World was still around then some sleazy journalist would have honey trapped him & destroyed his career.
There was more to that lovers tiff a while back and it wasn’t over Bungle spilling a glass of Red over Carrie’s precious rug. Dominic Short-comings was involved somewhere. Boris probably caught him coming out of her back door! Cummings was undoubtedly paid off to keep his mouth shut when he got sacked. It’ll all come out one day in his memoirs.

But for today let’s be thankful for the lack of sunburned, shirt-less morbidly obese Brits swaggering down the Corralejo main drag. They’ll be back I know but thanks to COVID they’re nowhere to be seen  8)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 10:15:35 AM »
I take it you are one of the skinny Brits...

Seen more than a few grossly overweight Germans and Italians in my time on the rock. Not too many sun burnt and shirtless but more than made up for by their badly barbered mullets.

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 11:47:31 AM »
Neither fat nor skinny. Some have said, just perfect  8)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »
just a shame about the barnet?

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
Well, been cutting my own now for over a year. Admittedly, it started off badly but I could probably pass as a dubious barber now. In fact, thats another positive that’s come out of Covid. Free haircuts! Gracias.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
a free haircut's not much good if your dead ... ;)

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 12:50:44 PM »
I’ve decided I’ll be self appointed moderator of this particular ‘upbeat’ thread so we’ll have no negativity on my watch from any of you trouble makers. Consider this Strike one grandad!

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2021, 09:12:54 AM »
Not a COVID-19 benefit as such however...

Did you know your hair, fingernails & toenails continue growing after you are no more?
If you want to be the best looking corpse in the Morgue then I suggest a post Death haircut, manicure & pedicure

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »
Yes that sounds favourite. Problem might be if you want to stay the best getting someone to dig you up every 6 months for a trim.

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »
You’re not wrong and with grave diggers so busy at present it could be even longer. I guess I’ll just settle for the best looking Hippy in the graveyard. Anyways...

Another Covid 19 Brucie bonus is the lack of tourists on the island means it’s easy to socially distance and keep 2m apart.
Although if that old Spanish woman who was breathing down my neck in Hiperdino this Morning is reading this, you should get yourself an eye test love. Tsk Tsk!

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »
A lovely Jubbly bonus created by the Pandemic is a plethora of long term Rental properties at bargain basement prices.
Pre Pandemic they’d be asking crazy money to rent nothing more than a rancid goat shed. Now you can rent a luxury pad for €700 per month. Cushty  8)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2021, 13:02:38 PM »
That pair of Royal rustlers Harry and Megan might fancy one at that price when the Yanks get fed up with them.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2021, 13:23:49 PM »
That pair of Royal rustlers Harry and Megan might fancy one at that price when the Yanks get fed up with them.

Jesus H we do not want them here >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2021, 13:59:41 PM »
With that Ginger Nut he’d be made to feel right at Home in The Flower of Scotland in Chaveta. She’s a bit posh though.

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 09:21:54 AM »
Don't forget to tune in later to see BoJo singing his Covid inspired Swansong....“ Don't cry for me Manny Macron. The truth is, I never left you”

Someone waiting for BJ to come a cropper will be that smooth talking snake in the grass, Dominic Raaaaab or as his Westminster friends know him, Alan B’Stard. He’s got his eye on the keys to No.10 if I’ve ever seen it.

Offline paully

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 11:24:04 AM »
Don't forget to tune in later to see BoJo singing his Covid inspired Swansong....“ Don't cry for me Manny Macron. The truth is, I never left you”

Someone waiting for BJ to come a cropper will be that smooth talking snake in the grass, Dominic Raaaaab or as his Westminster friends know him, Alan B’Stard. He’s got his eye on the keys to No.10 if I’ve ever seen it.

He might have his eye on it, but the men in grey suits decide and they want Sunak..He is the anointed one but they`ll let Alan throw his hat in the ring as well as a few other no hopers and Bingo ;D

Don`t bother wasting electric to watch Bonzo...it will be all bluster, Bollo and nonsense to appease the bedwetter handwash hermits. Nothing much will change just continuing lockdown :'(
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 08:29:19 AM »
Unlikely, Rishi’s got about as much personality as an Undertaker. He’ll be out of a job before they get rid of Boris anyway as they’ll be no need for a Chancellor. By the time you come out of lockdown there won’t be an economy left.

A Covid positive for the day for you. Due to the Pandemic they won’t be able to gauge the economic damage down to Brexit. I’d say it’s spared your blushes.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 10:00:33 AM »
No disappointment or blushes from me..... just glad we got out when we did. This covid business has shown the EU up for what it really is, a cobbled together rabble of self serving states masquerading as a unified bloc of allies with an all for one and one for all motto. Couldnt be further from the truth could it?... every man for himself more like. They are fighting among themselves like rats in a sack with the Frogs and Krauts trampling over the lesser members who as usual have no say and dont get a look in. Brexit is coming along just fine...just got to sort out the Frenchies ban on seafood nonsense and we are off and running. Plus well done Lizzie...trade deals coming in thick and fast. Even i didnt think brexit would be such a success so quickly. Thanks to Farage we got there in the end.

Offline paully

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »
Bang on there Ivemovedon...So far its been so good and Charlie/Bill...hows your vaccinations going on?..still at a snails pace?..sorry to hear that probably due to the EU banning the over 55`s from having the AZ, as a punishment beating for AZ. Only the evidence has just emerged thats it one of the best for the over 55`s especially..Oops.Still good old EU will ignore that and put more people at risk....No I`d rather have Brexit..
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2021, 11:51:39 AM »
Charlie knows Paully....its as plain as day we did the right thing. Give him fair play though he's making the best of a weak argument, clinging on to the fading EU dream like grim death. He will come around in the end though with a bit of sweet talk and common sense.  ;)

Offline paully

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2021, 12:07:17 PM »
Charlie knows Paully....its as plain as day we did the right thing. Give him fair play though he's making the best of a weak argument, clinging on to the fading EU dream like grim death. He will come around in the end though with a bit of sweet talk and common sense.  ;)

;D I`d like to think so ;D....If I mention that the Pound is strengthening all the time...would that be rubbing salt in the wound do you think???
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
Brexit...the gift that keeps on giving.  8)

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 13:16:36 PM »
You Guys! I was going to mention the strengthening pound. Only indirectly attributable to Brexit but definitely a Covid Bonus due to the excellent U.K. vaccine rollout. The envy of the rest of the World.
Up to €1.16 as we speak. If it creeps any higher I’m going to be severely tempted to dip my big toe back into property ownership in the Canaries. In fact I’ve just sold up in Andalucia. The Winters are stupidly cold and the Summers diabolically hot. Bargains galore in Fuerte & Lanza now too so a Win-Win  8)

Offline paully

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2021, 14:06:15 PM »
Get one in Fuerte Billy Boy...that way we can come over and have a beer whilst giving you the pre requisite knobble :P ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Buffalo Bill

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2021, 17:23:26 PM »
Je suis Charlie! Hmmm I’ve pretty much settled on Lanza i’m afraid. I’ve done Fuerte and Charlie don’t like to go backwards you’ll understand. I could get the Armas over & the three of us could chew the fat as the Sun goes down. I could even look up Dagwood or Mr G and even the numbers up. We’d have a blast I’m sure  ;D