Author Topic: Lockdown  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Ivemovedon

Re: Lockdown
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2020, 19:44:51 PM »
I think lock downs getting to you mate, either that or there's something in that tuna. No its nothing quite as bizarre as you hope. Just son daughter and associated grand kids. All Covid19 permitting.
As for my mate Nige he is patrolling the channel as we speak taking video evidence of Patels lack of action with the illegal immigrant paddle boat scandal.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 19:49:46 PM »
Big thumbs up for Bojo honouring his commitment to spend 0.7% of UK national income on overseas aid. It’s important to help the less fortunate in times of need and this is a clear indication that the current Government really do care.

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2020, 19:49:46 PM »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »
Big thumbs up for Bojo honouring his commitment to spend 0.7% of UK national income on overseas aid. It’s important to help the less fortunate in times of need and this is a clear indication that the current Government really do care.

Big thumbs down as far as I'm concerned. Anything that idiot Cameron put his name to has to be a white elephant.

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2020, 14:48:47 PM »
As usual, a thread has been hijacked.  Why can't you keep on topic. >:(

The situation remains the same on the island with no new cases reported in the last 24 hours and two active cases.

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2020, 16:33:21 PM »

Big thumbs down as far as I'm concerned. Anything that idiot Cameron put his name to has to be a white elephant.

Maybe you’re right. If it wasn’t for him the word Brexit would never have been invented. The biggest of White Elephants in the History of the U.K.

Offline Roar of the Rovers

• domestic goddess is our Jon
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2020, 18:09:47 PM »
Yep the morons have yet again ruined another thread,its quite noticable  how few people have returned to the forum ,well you only have to read the 2 new topics in General chat to realise why
Pr%*ks.
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 18:37:37 PM »
Evening all

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 18:48:29 PM »
Evening

Offline c matthews

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2020, 18:57:28 PM »
In wales still in lockdown .people from England are traveling to our beaches .Which we cant go to . welsh government put fines up to 2000 pounds expensive trip

Fuerteventura Forum

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2020, 18:57:28 PM »

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2020, 19:54:03 PM »
Really? Can’t imagine why an Englishman would be looking for a beach in Wales. Cornwall has much better beaches. And the pubs are friendlier. And the Weather is better.

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2020, 12:37:59 PM »
Good news! 

One person has recovered, so there remains just one active case on the island and that person is still in hospital.

So there have been 45 cases on the island and 44 have recovered.

Offline Ronnie The Blue

• life's better with a whopper
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2020, 14:15:15 PM »
Great news Captain. Thanks for these very informative updates really appreciated.
Sorry forgot to say AFTERNOON CAPTAIN.

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2020, 16:31:23 PM »
No change on the island in the last 24 hours. One person remains in hospital and is a long term patient.

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2020, 15:45:46 PM »
Absolutely appalling that Bungling Boris is refusing to get rid of his Weasel like chief Advisor Cummings when he blatantly broke Lockdown rules and travelled to his second home. It demonstrates what a pathetically weak individual Johnson is, especially when NHS staff have just saved him from dying from Covid 19. Was never fit to be PM and he never will be.

Offline Ronnie The Blue

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2020, 16:34:27 PM »
Thanks for the update Captain. Looking more positive now.

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2020, 17:49:59 PM »
Fuerteventura moves into Phase 2 of the Spanish Government’s De-escalation Plan on Monday 25th May.  If all goes well in the following 2 weeks then it will move into Phase 3.

The official Government document, the BOE, has been released and in Phase 2 the previous restrictions from Phase 1 have been lessened.  Since 21 May the use of face masks has been made compulsory in public places where a 2 metre social distance cannot be maintained.

A basic summary of what is allowed in Phase 2:

Bars and Restaurants can serve food inside their premises to a maximum of 40% capacity and maintaining a 2 metre distance between tables, and people can only eat at tables. Strict hygiene measures have to be maintained by the premises, and the law requires a lot of measures to be in place.

All shops and businesses can now open if they meet the hygiene requirements and do not go above 40% capacity. Shopping Centres can open to a maximum capacity of 30% of their common areas and 40% of the commercial premises.

Funerals, cremations, weddings and religious services can take place with restrictions on the number of people allowed to attend, depending on whether it is inside or outside.

Cinemas, theatres and auditoriums can open up to a 3rd capacity in pre-assigned seats.

People who can work from home should continue to do so, but if they are in work then there are hygiene requirements.

People’s freedom of movement allows them to go anywhere within the province with a mask and up to a maximum of 15 people using the 2 meter social distancing.  Going to the beach is allowed. Over 70’s have their own time slots for going to the beach – between 10-12 and 7-8pm, while under 70’s can go at any time except for the over 70’s times.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2020, 18:21:44 PM »
Absolutely appalling that Bungling Boris is refusing to get rid of his Weasel like chief Advisor Cummings when he blatantly broke Lockdown rules and travelled to his second home. It demonstrates what a pathetically weak individual Johnson is, especially when NHS staff have just saved him from dying from Covid 19. Was never fit to be PM and he never will be.

Few posts ago it was thumbs up to Bojo and his caring government. Whats it to be?

I think Cummings is a great asset to the Torys. He's too important to step down or be sacked. Unusual times ..unusual mistakes. Fine him if you witch hunters must have your pound of flesh... and then move on to your next victim.

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2020, 21:38:51 PM »
If I have to tell you when I’m being facetious it sort of spoils the humour.

It’s not so flattering for Boris when it’s so obvious that Cummings is pulling all his strings. My money is on DC being caught out & when that happens it’s curtains for the Puppet. I said it wouldn’t take long and as you know I’m rarely wrong.

Offline Ronnie The Blue

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »
Fuerteventura moves into Phase 2 of the Spanish Government’s De-escalation Plan on Monday 25th May.  If all goes well in the following 2 weeks then it will move into Phase 3.

The official Government document, the BOE, has been released and in Phase 2 the previous restrictions from Phase 1 have been lessened.  Since 21 May the use of face masks has been made compulsory in public places where a 2 metre social distance cannot be maintained.

A basic summary of what is allowed in Phase 2:

Bars and Restaurants can serve food inside their premises to a maximum of 40% capacity and maintaining a 2 metre distance between tables, and people can only eat at tables. Strict hygiene measures have to be maintained by the premises, and the law requires a lot of measures to be in place.

All shops and businesses can now open if they meet the hygiene requirements and do not go above 40% capacity. Shopping Centres can open to a maximum capacity of 30% of their common areas and 40% of the commercial premises.

Funerals, cremations, weddings and religious services can take place with restrictions on the number of people allowed to attend, depending on whether it is inside or outside.

Cinemas, theatres and auditoriums can open up to a 3rd capacity in pre-assigned seats.

People who can work from home should continue to do so, but if they are in work then there are hygiene requirements.

People’s freedom of movement allows them to go anywhere within the province with a mask and up to a maximum of 15 people using the 2 meter social distancing.  Going to the beach is allowed. Over 70’s have their own time slots for going to the beach – between 10-12 and 7-8pm, while under 70’s can go at any time except for the over 70’s times.

Appreciated Captain.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2020, 11:29:13 AM »

It’s not so flattering for Boris when it’s so obvious that Cummings is pulling all his strings. My money is on DC being caught out & when that happens it’s curtains for the Puppet. I said it wouldn’t take long and as you know I’m rarely wrong.

Everyone knows Cummings is behind Bojos popularity. Its his policys that got Johnson elected. Boris is just the front man. That's why the Establishment and their media lackeys are so intent on getting rid of him ...even resorting to overblown lockdown nonsense. I hope he beats this left wing rap as even brexit will get watered down if he goes. Boris is a flip flopper and nice as he is he won't be half the political force without Cummings showing him the way.

Offline Roar of the Rovers

• domestic goddess is our Jon
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
Cheers Steve,pity the wannabe  politicians are back on  peddling their tripe.
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »
State of Alarm - Day 72 - 25th May

No new cases have been recorded on Fuerteventura in the last 24 hours. The one person who is in hospital has now come off a ventilator.

We have moved into Phase 2 of the de-escalation plan today so we have more freedom and more shops are allowed to open.

I hope to go for a long walk out later to enjoy the freedom and the hot weather.

Offline Ronnie The Blue

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »
Enjoy your walk Captain you've earned it.

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2020, 13:19:18 PM »

Everyone knows Cummings is behind Bojos popularity. Its his policys that got Johnson elected. Boris is just the front man. That's why the Establishment and their media lackeys are so intent on getting rid of him ...even resorting to overblown lockdown nonsense. I hope he beats this left wing rap as even brexit will get watered down if he goes. Boris is a flip flopper and nice as he is he won't be half the political force without Cummings showing him the way.

I take it you are being facetious?
It’s hardly nonsense when millions of Brits have been sticking to the lockdown rules.

It’s clear that Boris can’t survive without him which in itself magnifies his weakness. The question is whether the public love him enough to support such a weak PM.

Offline c matthews

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2020, 17:58:51 PM »
Looking forward to a long walk .When this lockdown is lifted Enjoy captain

Offline Ronnie The Blue

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2020, 20:21:39 PM »
Well said Mr Matthews. So are we hopefully in this glorious sunshine 8)

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2020, 21:03:33 PM »
Yes Mr Mathews have a wonderful walk and enjoy yourself. That extends to all the people from that very strange place known as 'afternoon all' 

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2020, 22:15:26 PM »
I had an enjoyable walk this afternoon around Caleta de Fuste. It was the first time I've been able to walk in the afternoon as in Phase 2 I don't have to walk between 6-10am and 8-11pm.

It was fairly quiet out and easy to keep to the 2 metre social distance, and I wore a mask while in the Atlantico Center to comply with the new requirement.

Photos in: https://caletafuerteventura.com/photo-album/caleta-de-fuste-in-phase-2-lockdown-from-25-may/

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2020, 22:26:54 PM »
Fascinating, truly fascinating. Thanks for sharing

Offline Ronnie The Blue

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2020, 10:55:17 AM »
Great photos brought back many happy memories of Caleta. Ignore the petty and sarcastic comments it is the lowest form of wit