Car tax

Started by Billington, February 24, 2019, 15:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billington

How do you find out if your car has the tax paid,also how do you tell the age of a car here.

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Billington on February 24, 2019, 15:12:17 PM
How do you find out if your car has the tax paid,also how do you tell the age of a car here.

My vehicle documentation will show the year of manufacture, and your local town will tell you if it is taxed   

Logitechtom

And if the car is registered in your name and you pay your IBI(U) by direct debit, your annual road tax (about 25e  for me) is taken automatically.  They do post a receipt.

Tom.

Lexeus

Quote from: Logitechtom on February 24, 2019, 23:57:21 PM
And if the car is registered in your name and you pay your IBI(U) by direct debit, your annual road tax (about 25e  for me) is taken automatically.  They do post a receipt.

Tom.

I would state which ayuntamiento you live in, because although I can't say 100% I don't think that is the same for most places. For example in Pajara we had to go to the office and ask for an invoice which we paid by card, and when asked about other means of paying they could only suggest we emailed them with ID to request the invoice in pdf and then we could pay by bank transfer.....  ::)

In reply to the OP, I am guessing you are thinking of buying a car and want to check it out? All cars have ID's engraved on them, so check for the VIN for details, and make sure the chasis/parts match. If you want proof the road tax has been paid I would imagine you ask for stamped copies of the receipts from the Town hall, which only the owner will be able to get I would imagine.

Our Ford Focus road tax was â,¬44 if I remember correctly.