residentia

Started by yamxj, January 28, 2019, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamxj

hi everyone now we have our house and we come for a few weeks at a time can we apply for our residentia or is it only for full time living here and what do we need to apply

matahari

I think you need to have residencia if you spend more than 90 days in any year here and you need fiscal residencia if you spend more than 180 days here.

itsonlyme

As said above, if you spend more than 90 days in any one given year you are required to have your residencia. Yes, there are a lot of illegals here!

If you are going to get it, or indeed if you intend to retire here, I would get it NOW, before brexit!  Whilst nobody knows what is going to happen and of course it depends how we brexit, but I am 90% sure that it will not be so easy to obtain after 29th March.

You will need to prove that you can support yourself and that you have a minimum of 6,000â,¬ each in the bank, and also health insurance.

malabu

If your of pension age you can register for free health care, again don`t know what the situation will be after Brexit if it happens?

yamxj

thanks everyone we are not yet pension age but we are close to the 90 days in a year we are not going to get to do anything this visit we have to go back to the cold on sunday back here april

Lexeus

Quote from: yamxj on January 28, 2019, 20:37:10 PM
thanks everyone we are not yet pension age but we are close to the 90 days in a year we are not going to get to do anything this visit we have to go back to the cold on sunday back here april

It will be too late by then unfortunately. Unless there are new Spanish laws to helpout the British, your only chance I would suggest, would be if you have completed empadromiento with your local council in the past, then maybe you could use the date on that certificate as proof you were here before the end of March BREXIT cut-off.

See some of my previous posts for more info:

https://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=24538.msg590584#msg590584

https://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=24538.msg590534#msg590534