house purchase

Started by yamxj, September 19, 2018, 10:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamxj

is there anything i need to bring from the uk or can fuerter wifi supply it all we just heard from solicitor (beatriz) sounds like thursday over there is a bank holiday so the signing looks like going into next week  >:(

spitfire58

You should be supplied with the router by your WiFi provider. Everything else you can get out there, unless you want to bring better price stuff with you. Only thing you may need is a WiFi extender to get signal on patio`s etc, depends on how good your router is. HDMI cables & the like you can get from either Electron (near Lidl`s on the edge of PDR) or the Chinese shops in either Caleta or El Matorral, they can be a bit pricey though 😁😁

Also, I brought out about 25 or 30 three pin socket adapters. If you get them at best price in U.K. you can get two for about £3. Just went round & popped one in every socket for convenience, as you change over to Spanish goods you will gradually use less of them but handy to start off with, HTH . . Ron

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 31, 2018, 08:44:32 AM
You should be supplied with the router by your WiFi provider. Everything else you can get out there, unless you want to bring better price stuff with you. Only thing you may need is a WiFi extender to get signal on patio`s etc, depends on how good your router is. HDMI cables & the like you can get from either Electron (near Lidl`s on the edge of PDR) or the Chinese shops in either Caleta or El Matorral, they can be a bit pricey though 😁😁

Also, I brought out about 25 or 30 three pin socket adapters. If you get them at best price in U.K. you can get two for about £3. Just went round & popped one in every socket for convenience, as you change over to Spanish goods you will gradually use less of them but handy to start off with, HTH . . Ron

Morning Ron

I made that error and bought 15 adaptors, then 2 weeks later thought why not just change them to Spanish plugs a simple job as there are only two wires ::) which I then did, i now have supply of adaptors I never use.

perrypower1

Same thing John, wherever possible I converted UK plugs to EU on the appliance itself.  The one situation that I did come across where the plug adapters make sense is where you have a 230v to low voltage dc power adapter/transformer where the plug and the transformer are one unit.

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 31, 2018, 09:24:58 AM

Morning Ron

I made that error and bought 15 adaptors, then 2 weeks later thought why not just change them to Spanish plugs a simple job as there are only two wires ::) which I then did, i now have supply of adaptors I never use.

Morning John R & pp1, Ha ha, yeah, you could do that as well. I just thought it was easier & didn`t cost much or take any time 😁😁
Still using them nearly two years later

Deso

Quote from: spitfire58 on October 31, 2018, 10:11:41 AM

Morning Ron

Morning John R & pp1, Ha ha, yeah, you could do that as well. I just thought it was easier & didn`t cost much or take any time 😁😁

I hope they're all EU compliant?   ;)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on October 31, 2018, 15:14:39 PM

Morning Ron

Tut tut Neil would I do anything that the EU would not approve off?

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 31, 2018, 16:10:56 PM
Quote from: Deso on October 31, 2018, 15:14:39 PM

Morning Ron

Tut tut Neil would I do anything that the EU would not approve off?

Hi Neil,
Mine are U.K. compliant & we haven`t left yet 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Did you get the house shifted yet ?
Cheers
Ron

Deso

Sale and purchase currently going through in UK and 2 viewings on the apartment next week. I am having a week in Fuerte from 10th November to try and de stress.  :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

spitfire58

Quote from: Deso on October 31, 2018, 21:33:43 PM
Sale and purchase currently going through in UK and 2 viewings on the apartment next week. I am having a week in Fuerte from 10th November to try and de stress.  :D

That`s good news. Yeah, I bet you could do with it. Nice bit of Fuerte sunshine & a few Tropical`s will do wonders for you. Enjoy. Hope all goes well . . Ron

Deso

Regards, Neil

Lexeus

Quote from: perrypower1 on October 31, 2018, 09:44:36 AM
Same thing John, wherever possible I converted UK plugs to EU on the appliance itself.  The one situation that I did come across where the plug adapters make sense is where you have a 230v to low voltage dc power adapter/transformer where the plug and the transformer are one unit.

In these cases I left the UK plug cables in the UK and just took the DC adaptors. I then bought EU plug cables that fitted the either 2 or 3 pin DC adaptor socket as these DC adaptors for laptops etc are the same worldwide, it is just the cable that plugs into them that changes according to the country.

I found scan.co.uk had the cheapest EU cables at the time:

Unearthed devices, 2Pin: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2m-euro-2-pin-to-figure-8-mains-power-lead

Earthed devices i.e. laptop: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2m-scan-black-euro-plug-iec-c5-(clover-leaf)-mains-lead

Desktop PC (Kettle lead): https://www.scan.co.uk/products/18m-euro-power-cable-kettle-lead-type-moulded-with-eu-2-pin-plug-suitable-for-psus-5a-fuse

spitfire58

Quote from: Lexeus on November 02, 2018, 15:06:05 PM

In these cases I left the UK plug cables in the UK and just took the DC adaptors. I then bought EU plug cables that fitted the either 2 or 3 pin DC adaptor socket as these DC adaptors for laptops etc are the same worldwide, it is just the cable that plugs into them that changes according to the country.

Unearthed devices, 2Pin: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2m-euro-2-pin-to-figure-8-mains-power-lead

Earthed devices i.e. laptop: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/2m-scan-black-euro-plug-iec-c5-(clover-leaf)-mains-lead

Desktop PC (Kettle lead): https://www.scan.co.uk/products/18m-euro-power-cable-kettle-lead-type-moulded-with-eu-2-pin-plug-suitable-for-psus-5a-fuse

That`s good to know Alex. . Thanks . . Ron

Lexeus

Quote from: spitfire58 on November 02, 2018, 16:47:54 PM
Quote from: Lexeus on November 02, 2018, 15:06:05 PM

That`s good to know Alex. . Thanks . . Ron

De nada ;)

yamxj

ok people our house purchase now complete we now have our own little piece of paradise the next thing is sorting out the tv we had wifi fitted any ideas what box to get or should i just keep using my lap top but i could do with something to leave here for when our children come to use the place

Johnrgby2

I use Barrie Causton you will need a Mag box circa 70â,¬ on eBay then 20â,¬ a month, more channels and box sets than you will ever need and you only need to pay for the months you are there as required.

spitfire58

Hi John,
I have seen him advertising on Facebook pages. How reliable is the service ? & what download speed do you need to not have buffering ? The only thing that has stopped me using any of these is I had heard that streams keep disappearing & then you have to find new one, load into box etc. Does he do all this for you automatically ? So is it effectively a payg service (at 20â,¬ per month), cheers . . Ron

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on November 17, 2018, 11:08:32 AM
Hi John,
I have seen him advertising on Facebook pages. How reliable is the service ? & what download speed do you need to not have buffering ? The only thing that has stopped me using any of these is I had heard that streams keep disappearing & then you have to find a new one, load into box etc. Does he do all this for you automatically ? So is it effectively a payg service (at 20â,¬ per month), cheers . . Ron

Hi, Ron Basically yes to pay as you go, the slight  the downside is if you have to pay for a month minimum, so if you are there for only 3 weeks I believe you would lose a week, but I am not sure that is 100% correct, he may be able to disconnect it as and when I will speak to him and ask the question.
You need a Mag Box, which he can supply, but I would not recommend that they are cheaper on Amazon or eBay, and a D/load speed of 2.5Mbps

You get just about every channel that Sky provides, plus some, including all the sports channels, Sky and ITV box office etc. etc, an absolute mountain of films and box sets, the only downside with these is on many you get Greek subtitles, but obviously the sound is English, you can turn subtitles off on live TV, and it is surprising how quickly you get used to subtitles and ignore them.

AS for them disappearing his did once for about 2 weeks before I signed up with him, but we have been with him for nearly a year and there has not been an issue, I pay him quarterly just in case.

spitfire58

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 17, 2018, 12:26:34 PM
Hi John,
I have seen him advertising on Facebook pages. How reliable is the service ? & what download speed do you need to not have buffering ? The only thing that has stopped me using any of these is I had heard that streams keep disappearing & then you have to find a new one, load into box etc. Does he do all this for you automatically ? So is it effectively a payg service (at 20â,¬ per month), cheers . . Ron

Hi, Ron Basically yes to pay as you go, the slight  the downside is if you have to pay for a month minimum, so if you are there for only 3 weeks I believe you would lose a week, but I am not sure that is 100% correct, he may be able to disconnect it as and when I will speak to him and ask the question.
You need a Mag Box, which he can supply, but I would not recommend that they are cheaper on Amazon or eBay, and a D/load speed of 2.5Mbps

You get just about every channel that Sky provides, plus some, including all the sports channels, Sky and ITV box office etc. etc, an absolute mountain of films and box sets, the only downside with these is on many you get Greek subtitles, but obviously the sound is English, you can turn subtitles off on live TV, and it is surprising how quickly you get used to subtitles and ignore them.

AS for them disappearing his did once for about 2 weeks before I signed up with him, but we have been with him for nearly a year and there has not been an issue, I pay him quarterly just in case.

Thanks John 🙂🙂

ANDMAG

Hi Guys,
FYI
Something you all should be aware about the is refund of the House Retention Tax after completion as it is not widely broadcasted by estate agents.

We sold our house in March 2017 did not purchase another property and are still waiting for the refund which is 11 months overdue.

Our tax papers were all in order and there are no outstanding debts to the Hacienda or anyone else.

:(
andmag

jill tie

Quote from: ANDMAG on November 17, 2018, 13:04:48 PM
Hi Guys,
FYI
Something you all should be aware about the is refund of the House Retention Tax after completion as it is not widely broadcasted by estate agents.

We sold our house in March 2017 did not purchase another property and are still waiting for the refund which is 11 months overdue.

Our tax papers were all in order and there are no outstanding debts to the Hacienda or anyone else.

:(

I have read that in some cases it can take years to get the money back.  Good luck

Johnrgby2

Quote from: spitfire58 on November 17, 2018, 12:49:55 PM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on November 17, 2018, 12:26:34 PM
Hi John,

Thanks John 🙂🙂

Hi Again Ron I have just spoken with Barrie, and I was right he only does a monthly package, so it is not quite pay as you go

Archer

If it's only some UK tv that you want, and/or catchup, then you can easily make do with just paying a few euro's for smart DNS and load this into your Smart TV.  There are sites on t'internet that show you how to fool the tv into downloading all the UK apps, like BBC Iplayer, ITV hub, Ch4 etc. Then watch like being in the UK with no fathing around.
You can still buy an Android box, as well,  and then load this yourself with Kodi No Limits (youtube). This gives access to most other stuff.

spitfire58

Thanks Archer. Was just curious about what JR2 was suggesting. As I said, we use Apple TV so get all we need but always on the lookout for something better 😁😁

Paityn

Purchasing a house is a significant milestone in one's life. It offers a sense of stability and pride in owning a place to call home. It's an opportunity to personalize and create a space that reflects your style and preferences. From choosing the perfect location to considering the layout and amenities, each step in the house purchase process is filled with excitement and anticipation. It's an investment in your future, providing not just shelter but also a sanctuary where memories are made and cherished for years to come.