On line access to La Olivia Council.

Started by Logitechtom, May 08, 2018, 21:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Hi,

I've registered for online access to my 'citizens folder' and very useful it is: I can view all my bills (IBI, Basura and Car Tax etc.) and I can print out my empadron and travel document as often as I want.

It's such a good system, I decided to try and register my wife to have access, and it's all gone pear shaped!!!

When I click on the link to request access, instead of getting the form to complete,. I get a 404 (page not found)!

I've emailed the council and I get an acknowledgement saying they will reply in seven to ten days, but I never get any further communication from them.

Anyone got any suggestions, other than a visit to the offices (which I planning on doing in about ten days time.

TIA,

Tom.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Tom

I have a friend in the same situation. She went into the La Oliva office to do it there and they said they couldn't do it anymore, she would have to go to Corralejo. She didn't manage to get to Corralejo before she had to go back to the UK, so, to be resumed!
Please keep us in touch with how you get on - it is incredibly useful for generating and printing your own Travel Empadrons amongst other things.

In case you or anyone else is not aware, the La Oliva Ayuntamiento offices do not accept cash now for even the smallest amounts - you have to pay by card. I had to pay 45 cents on my card recently in Corralejo!!

Some Bloke

Quote from: Logitechtom on May 08, 2018, 21:38:52 PM
Hi,

I've registered for online access to my 'citizens folder' and very useful it is: I can view all my bills (IBI, Basura and Car Tax etc.) and I can print out my empadron and travel document as often as I want.

This sounds very useful - how does one do it?

Logitechtom

Hi Some Bloke, the sad fact is, at the moment, you can't do it, but watch this thread and someone will come up with the answer sometime.

Tom.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Hi Tom
This message is now showing on the La Oliva website:

Steps to follow to access the Citizen Folder
IMPORTANT NOTE

The access and identification by PIN to the headquarters does not comply with the current security regulations and we will be obliged to change it by identification by electronic certificate and / or cl @ ve. Throughout the current year we will proceed to the progressive update of the services in electronic headquarters, including among other electronic notification and access to files initiated in this administration. Therefore we recommend, for those who do not yet have it, proceed to request an electronic certificate in the National Currency and Stamp Factory (http://www.cert.fnmt.es/home) that in addition to providing access to new services, It will be valid to carry out procedures with any administration.

This is probably why they suspended new access to the system - a PIN is not going to be sufficient in future. I'm going to try requesting the electronic certificate (to supplement my PIN) and I'll update the post with how I get on. If anyone has already done this and can offer any useful pointers - please share!

Logitechtom

Thanks Tamara on the beach,

I have access with a PIN, so I will also download the certificate.

Thanks for your help, I will keep watching the thread.

Tom.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I have now been through the Digital Certificate process which I will describe below, however, the La Oliva website still says that initially you need to attend a Ayuntamiento office to identify yourself, register as a user and receive a PIN. Looks like a visit is still on the cards at least for now.

Obtaining a Digital Certificate:
This is the first time that I have been through this process in Spain or England and I found it quite long winded as I needed to translate a lot of text and the help videos were obviously in Spanish so I played them goodness knows how many times to make sure I understood what I was meant to be doing. Having done this one I'm sure that any future ones will be quick and easy now that I understand the basic principles. This certificate has a life of 4 years, some articles I have seen online suggest some certs are valid for 2 years. Just long enough for me to forget the process ……………….

This is a very abbreviated overview - if you are going to get one you need to read all the instructions. I followed the instructions for a PC with Internet Explorer as the Browser. There are different instructions (mainly in Spanish of course with an occasional section in English) for different hardware and browsers.

1. Make sure your browser is the latest version and with all current updates. Then, suspend updates until you have completed the whole thing.
2. Follow the instructions to prepare your Browser - I used the automatic configuration option which was quick and easy.
3. Request your certificate. You quote your NIE (letters and numbers, 9 in total), your surname and your email address.
4. An email is sent by return giving you a code. Print this email ready for the next stage.
5. Now the fun really starts! You need to take this email along with your NIE doc (I used green card) and passport to 1 of 5 places on the island to get your ID verified. There is 1 place in Gran Tarajal and 4 in Puerto del Rosario. You can click on an option to see the names/locations. They include AEAT (Hacienda, appointment needed); Gobierno; Ministerio de Administraciones Publicas; Gerencia de Servicios Sanitarios de Fuerte. I chose the last option as it is housed at the hospital and I had to go there anyway. I was pushed from pillar to post, upstairs and down, for over an hour until a kindly orderly managed to track down the right person for me! The main desk in 'Gerencia' were the worst culprits! For anyone else who decides to use the hospital - go down the corridor to the left of the main front reception desks and about 3 turnings down on the right look for a door with DRAGO on it. You need either Augustin Drago or Margarita. It was Margarita who dealt with me and she was one of the most helpful, friendly ladies you could wish to meet. Once I got to her the process on her PC was very quick and easy. She volunteered her name for any of my friends that might need the same service!
6. Back home and checked I had confirmation email from Margarita. All in order.
7. Download my certificate from the original site - NIE and code needed again.
8. Install certificate.
9. Export certificate to a secure external backup location (optional but advisable) and use a password. You will need this if you get a new PC.
10. Check it works! Opened La Oliva website, clicked on the digital certificate symbol and voila!
11. Reinstate Updates on your Browser.

IMPORTANT - the PC (or other piece of hardware) that you request the certificate on and the PC (or other piece of hardware) you install it on, eventually, must be the same and not have had any updates.
If you make another request using the same NIE it invalidates the original certificate.

Good luck!

UPDATE 8/6/2018
Please see reply No 16 for fresh info re finding Margarita at the hospital!

Logitechtom

WOW Tamara!!!  Well done and ten out of ten for your persistence and fortitude in getting it done, and extra large Brownie Points for such a detailed and complete explanation!

Not sure when I will attempt this, I'm here for the rest of the month but I might be tempted to leave it until I return in the autumn.

BUT......... What a star you are!  Thank you.

Tom.

Johnrgby2

Tamara, you are A Star, you must have the patience of a saint, but is it really any advantage, or worth it?

Back in the day, I had to register for UK government digital certificate, { Tax and VAT etc }which I still retain as it does not expire, took less than 5 minutes!

Lexeus

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on June 02, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Tamara, you are A Star, you must have the patience of a saint, but is it really any advantage, or worth it?

Back in the day, I had to register for UK government digital certificate, { Tax and VAT etc }which I still retain as it does not expire, took less than 5 minutes!

The difference is Spanish data protection laws are stronger than in the UK.

In the UK pretty much all services are happy that if you can receive a code sent to your registered postal address then you must be the right person. I imagine alot of it stems from the fact that in the UK we only have passports on a driving license to easily identify someone, and neither of them are required by law.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on June 02, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
but is it really any advantage, or worth it?

I wanted it John because I like to be able to request and print my own Travel Empadrons. I also pay my IBI, car tax etc online, make medical appointments etc and these may require the cert in future - I wanted to be ready and have time to resolve issues if there were any.
I quite enjoy the challenge of working through the Spanish system as well, frustrating as it may be at times  :D

For newbies to the forum, enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtbQUaC9mE

Ernie

Hi Tamara,

You say you pay your IBI online (and so presumably the Basura too). Does that mean you don't have any annual Direct Debits set up with La Oliva for these two taxes ? If so then I wasn't aware this was an option. Do you get a bill through the post or via email ? I would much rather go down this route rather than having Direct Debits set up for random amounts each year without any invoice.

Thanks for any info,

Ernie

ps any movement on that place next door to you ?   

cockney

Hi Ernie,

I pay my IBI by direct debit and if I go into my LaCaixia bank account on  line and click on the payment it opens up a receipt that I can then print off.

cockney

[/quote]
I wanted it John because I like to be able to request and print my own Travel Empadrons.

Hi Tamara is a Travel Padron different to the normal padron which I renew every few years.

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Ernie on June 07, 2018, 13:53:36 PM
Hi Tamara,

You say you pay your IBI online (and so presumably the Basura too). Does that mean you don't have any annual Direct Debits set up with La Oliva for these two taxes ? If so then I wasn't aware this was an option. Do you get a bill through the post or via email ? I would much rather go down this route rather than having Direct Debits set up for random amounts each year without any invoice.

Thanks for any info,

Ernie

ps any movement on that place next door to you ?

Hi Ernie
I receive a bill through the post (one for IBI and one for Basura) and then go online to pay them between certain dates. (3 month window, May/June/July, and I received the bills mid April.) I prefer this than having DDs taken from my account when I don't know the amount/dates. (For people who pay their car tax online here it is an identical system.)

Place next door: some more work is being done on the property and I saw on Bliss today that the price has been reduced.

Regards, Tamara

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: cockney on June 07, 2018, 15:20:17 PM

I wanted it John because I like to be able to request and print my own Travel Empadrons.

Hi Tamara is a Travel Padron different to the normal padron which I renew every few years.
[/quote]

Hi Cockney
What I call a Travel Empadron is the additional (to the standard Empadron) piece of A4 that you need to produce to get your Resident's 75% reduction on air/ferry crossings. It actually has 'viaje' (travel) printed on it and says valid for 6 months. (Well, mine does!). Having said that, if the SARA computer system is working, and recognises your details when you book online, you don't need the paper Travel Empadron. But, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't!

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Thanks to Logitech Tom for providing far more accurate directions to Margarita's office! In my defence I think I was disorientated from playing Blind Man's Bluff on my visit  ;D.

Enter the main hospital entrance (not the emergency department - urgenticas).
Go to the left of the main reception desk (pic one).
Pass the registration office. (Pic two)
Look for doorway on left marked administration directive and turn down that corridor  (pic three).
Third turning to the left, and first office door on the left is Margarita.

She works 7:30 to 3:30, but arrive before 3pm please.

Thanks Tom, glad you were able to make sense/use of my post!

Logitechtom

Apologies to Tamara (and others) as I forgot to give the times when you can see Margarita.

She works from 07:30 to 15:30, but please arrive before 15:00 in order for your application to be processed before she finishes for the day at 15:30.  She works Monday to Friday.

She is an absolutely lovely lady, she made every effort to complete our applications as quickly and efficiently as possible. It was actually a pleasure to make that visit.

Tom.

Ernie

Thanks Tamara,

I would also prefer to do it your way. Good to know that it is possible even though I suspect it would be a pig to rearrange once they`ve got your DD details.

Thanks for the property update.

Ernie

Logitechtom

Just thought I should update this thread.

Have now completed the process of getting Digital Certificates installed on my laptop for both myself and my wife.

The first part is pretty simple. I had the YouTube tutorial on one screen and followed each step on my laptop, pausing the video every now and again to keep pace. The next part, visiting one of the five places where you prove your identity, was actually very enjoyable (I saw Margarita at the hospital, I'm not sure how enjoyable the other four venues might be).

The last bit, downloading and installing the certificates was done the same way as the first bit (following the video).  Frustratingly, I installed my certificate easily but kept getting an error message when installing my wife's certificate.

On advice from Tamara, I emailed them and one week later there was still no reply. On the off chance that it might work, I tried to log on to La Olivia and BINGO, we can both log on at will!!

I think the difference was that I previously had access to La Olivia with a user name and PIN, but my wife didn't have that access. Think it takes a few days after proving identity for the information to get to the authorities.

Thanks to all for your contributions and especially Tamara.

Tom.

beachlife

Thanks again Tom for the update.

Looking to follow in your footsteps when we return in August, although might be better to wait till September as know officials quite often disappear during August. Will feel more relaxed battling with the Spanish bureaucracy with the information you have supplied both for finding the right places and people and putting it on the computer.