Bargain Booze !

Started by bookman, April 20, 2018, 17:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookman

Has anyone tried the shop, top end of Corralejo high street. Notice outside saying its the cheapest place for Cigs & Drink in the Islands, also advert for local gin !
Looked in the other day Courvoisier 75 cl & Bombay 1 ltr around 16 euro. Now I know the old addage
If it appears too good to be true it probably is but !!!!

paully

Sounds like Kings from the location. It is usually the cheapest. It has a wide range as well. We buy from there..If its tobacco you`re after I`d give it a wide berth though. Various rumours abound in that respect but for booze, fine
I HATE computer thingyss

bookman

Thanks for the reply, but I was looking at prices in the shops, as I am here for several weeks at a time. Not bothered about taking it back to UK.

paully

Quote from: ashworth on April 21, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
Quote from: el caballo hambriento on April 21, 2018, 09:48:01 AM
The supermarket is cheaper than the airport.
I disagree quote me comparisons.

Ok 103 brandy..3E cheaper at Kings as is Magno..Mind you difficult to really compare. Kings have a massive selection and the airport shop a heck of a lot less.
I HATE computer thingyss

bookman

Again thanks. I do use Mercadona. The James Webb Scotch is 1/2 decent and Sheraton Gin OK for the price.( Just uder 6e) Just every now and then like a taste of the real stuff, think the Bombay at Merc is about 19e  for 75cl.  FYI if your flying with TC Bombay is only £13 50 a ltr. I am flying over to GC on Monday and just trying to work out what if anything, to get in the Duty Free.

Elite of the forum

If im coming over always buy in uk at the airport its 2 for £22cheaper than Fuerte buy 2 or 4 bottles
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

paully

Quote from: zedzedeleven on April 22, 2018, 12:06:37 PM
I wouldn`t mind betting they came out short changed and probably sporting a fake Rolex too.

They might if they`d spent too long in Kings ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

beara man

The airport is deffo more expensive than the shops in town. Bottle of Jamieson 15 Euro n town and 25 Euro at airport.