Jet2.com Stansted - Fue from April.

Started by IsThisForumStillGoingWow, October 20, 2016, 19:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

I know this should probably be in flight section but more look here.
Just seen Jet2 will be flying to Fue from Stansted from April , with loads of flights at £30. Was a bit excited till I saw the flight times.
They dont land until nearly 7pm in Fue and arrive back at Stn at around midnight. Much prefer RA flight times  :(
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

paully

I think the reason being is to have the flights arrive and depart outside of peak times, which can be horrendous at Stansted. Also Jet2 are noted for avoiding silly O Clock starts, which us in the north muchly appreciate  ;D ;D...we are flying out from Leeds with them next Friday and we don`t set off  until 10am, very civilised Hev  8)

They are very good as an airline, in fact they are the only British one in the Trip Advisor top 10.
I HATE computer thingyss

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

I'd heard they were really good and although the flight we get out with RA leaves around 6.15am (alarm set for 2am  :o :( ) we land about 10.30am and their flight back leaves Fue at around 11.15am so we dont end up hanging around Fue after check out from accomodation, landing back at Stn about 3.30pm. It's a shame because we'd have like to try them and I see they give you a 22kg luggage allowance.
Maybe in the winter (like RA) they change thir flight schedules, I'll keep checking  :)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

zedzedeleven

Once you`re up and out of bed it`s ok Hev, much prefer the early flights to the late ones, nice to get into Corralejo in time for a leisurely lunch and a beer while waiting for the apartment to be ready.
Mentor to the boneheads.

spitfire58

Quote from: hev on October 20, 2016, 22:29:03 PM
I'd heard they were really good and although the flight we get out with RA leaves around 6.15am (alarm set for 2am  :o :( ) we land about 10.30am and their flight back leaves Fue at around 11.15am so we dont end up hanging around Fue after check out from accomodation, landing back at Stn about 3.30pm. It's a shame because we'd have like to try them and I see they give you a 22kg luggage allowance.
Maybe in the winter (like RA) they change thir flight schedules, I'll keep checking  :)

I had a look at Jet2 & it seems if you booking a package holiday you get the 22kg baggage allowance thrown in but booking flight only comes up with a charge & its booked for both ways. Not handy if you just want to bring stuff out. Unless I have it wrong (quite possible, lol)

paully

Spitfire

You can take a hold bag just one way with them, but they don`t make it clear at all..What you have to do is make a booking without hold luggage, then go into `manage my bookings` where you get the options to add bags for individual passengers and/or just one way.

Certainly not as clear or straightforward as other airlines and it took me some time to work it out (not difficult I know) but you can do a one way jobbie..At certain times they offer additional discounts on bags as well. The on board meals ain`t bad either
I HATE computer thingyss

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: zedzedeleven on October 20, 2016, 23:26:12 PM
Once you`re up and out of bed it`s ok Hev, much prefer the early flights to the late ones, nice to get into Corralejo in time for a leisurely lunch and a beer while waiting for the apartment to be ready.

We arrive on a Monday, which isn't an obvious change over day say like Wednesday or Saturday..so usually on those kind of days they let you check in straight away. And yes ZZ I prefer to get in there early rather than land at 7pm etc..