Car Hire in Caleta?

Started by jill tie, January 11, 2016, 15:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill tie

Hi

My parents are going to over in March for 2 weeks and would like a car in the middle of their stay.
So my question is do any of the following have an office in Caleta or will drop a car off and collect it>
Pluscar,  Top Car or Payless.  From my experience of car hire companies over the years these are the
only ones that give value for money and I trust not to scam on Insurance or Petrol or both.  If anyone
know any different I would welcome any help.  Thanks in advance

paully

Don`t think the three you mention do other than Airport pick ups..However Cabrera Medina(CiCar) certainly will and they have an office in Caleta for pick ups and drop offs...If you use the Cabrera website you`ll find they are cheaper than CiCar for the same facilities, although there are some resort based firms who may do them a good deal
I HATE computer thingyss

jill tie

Thanks Paully,

Do you know their policy on insurance and petrol?  From memory I think Cicar are Ok but not sure

paully

The insurance is fully comprehensive with no excess, no hassle and no nasty suprises. You can also pay them in cash. Re petrol just bring it back with what it had in the tank on collection.
I HATE computer thingyss

jonesesjourneys

Jill

Just a thought!
As they will be in Caleta, would it not be easy for them (or you) to hop on the No 3 bus (for an Euro or so) and collect the car from Payless or Pluscar at the Airport?
Also if they have the car for the last part of their holiday instead of the middle, they could use it for their 'transfer to the Airport' as well.
We do this when we hire a car.

JJ