Bus bono

Started by calculator, October 01, 2015, 15:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calculator

As of end of October, the status of the "bus bono" changes. It can still be used, but in effect it becomes a non-resident card with a discount of only 5%.

A new card, for RESIDENTS ONLY has been introduced offering 30% discount. Solicitud available in Cabildo website and requirements include padron and a photo. The new card will not be transferable.

Too many foreigners and tourists availing themselves of discounts which the nasty vile majoreros want for themselves, lol.

Ivemovedon

Bit like the UK then. The nasty vile racist Brits who want to see a doctor but can't get an appointment for 2 weeks due to countless foreigners and health tourists.  It works the same everywhere. Maybe we need a Residents only card like Spain. But thats contrary to EU thinking of one for all and all for one, and sadly we always abide by the rules unlike others.

woe10

The Hungarians put 2 fingers up to the EU, and put up a Razor-Wire fence.

Viktor Orbán, the Hungarian PM takes no cr@p from the EU.

Ivemovedon

everyone puts 2 fingers up to the EU when it suits them woe. Except for dozy cameron that is

beachlife

Quote from: calculator on October 01, 2015, 15:56:46 PM
As of end of October, the status of the "bus bono" changes. It can still be used, but in effect it becomes a non-resident card with a discount of only 5%.

A new card, for RESIDENTS ONLY has been introduced offering 30% discount. Solicitud available in Cabildo website and requirements include padron and a photo. The new card will not be transferable.

Too many foreigners and tourists availing themselves of discounts which the nasty vile majoreros want for themselves, lol.

I have looked on the La Oliva website and can not find any information regarding this on how to apply for this card. Can you point me to where it is on the website?

beachlife

SheilaW

Quote from: Holierthanthou on October 01, 2015, 16:18:04 PMMaybe we need a Residents only card like Spain. But thats contrary to EU thinking of one for all and all for one, and sadly we always abide by the rules unlike others.
There's absolutely no EU rule stopping the UK making their health service free only for residents, or only for those who contribute. If they want to make it free for everybody, that's fine. I don't know if any other EU country is stupid enough to do it but I know that France and the Netherlands restrict it the same way as Spain. Please don't blame the EU for this one.

Ivemovedon

The UK's lax benefits and medical system is the real fly in the ointment for sure.  But the EU's open border policy with migrant citizens having immediate benefit rights in line with the indigenous population, many of who may have up to 40 years worth of contributions into the system certainly compounds the problem. Lets put it this way, we may hand out too much to too many, many of them undeserving, but having to shore up the lifestyle of any EU migrant that fancies living here as well could be the straw that breaks the camels back. After decades of easy handouts there's no party in the UK with the courage to change the benefits system other than giving it the odd minor tweak ,they'd be unelectable if they even thought it. Best way is to give the EU the boot and cut the problem down a bit.

I blame UK politicians AND the EU.

Just my opinion of course.

dampsquib

Shame that they are cutting the Bono discount to 5%. I can appreciate that they want to give residents a bigger discount, but 5% (when you are prepaying) isn't a lot.
The cards speed up the process of boarding and avoid the hassle of needing change, so they should continue to encourage their use, and 5% isn't much of an encouragement. Having made the cards easier to buy, when the drivers started selling them, dropping the disount to just 5% seems a backward step.

Ivemovedon

even more of a travesty when you think those non residents are probably adding as much if not more to the local economy than the residents themselves. You can add to that the fact that probably being EU citizens those same non residents have already contributed millions of euros towards the local canararian transport infrastructure by way of their particular countries EU contributions. Sounds even less fair if you look at it like that.

jg

Quote from: calculator on October 01, 2015, 15:56:46 PM

So we can keep using our old cards but with a very much smaller discount?

I'll keep using it as it is so much more convenient than getting cash out and change every time.
JG

Salbag777

Do I just go to the council office in Corralejo to do this?

beachlife

Quote from: Salbag777 on November 17, 2015, 11:04:26 AM
Do I just go to the council office in Corralejo to do this?

Yes, go upstairs to first floor and its the Cabildo office, first on your right. Just hand over the forms and they will tell you they will phone you when its ready. Over 3 weeks now and still waiting.

Salbag777

Thanks! Was going to ask if antyone actually had a new pass yet???

Salbag777

Sorry Andrew, the last document, 'acreditativo del perfil solicitado' what is that I need a copy of?

beachlife

That`s the form that you have filled in from the bus company site

The list of things is just for the person in the Cabildo to tick off that you have the required forms etc that they need to issue the new card. The person in the office sticks your picture on to your paper work and staples the things together. Its then filed into a black hole for you to wait for although she told me it would be 2 or 3 days (I wish).

However, they are being produced as I asked to go through the ones she had in the office to check mine and there were half a dozen. So reckon we might get ours when the motorway is finished!!!

Salbag777

Elite of the forum

So i take it if they are asking for a photo that the new cards are going to come with your picture imprinted on it so its non transferable?
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup

beachlife

Quote from: Red Russki of the Rovers on November 18, 2015, 08:10:32 AM
So i take it if they are asking for a photo that the new cards are going to come with your picture imprinted on it so its non transferable?

Correct. Unlike the old bono card which any one could use, the new card can only be used by the person on the picture. I think they were losing too much money on the old bono card, so they have had to introduce restrictions to who gets the larger discount.

Maybe all those ladies who wear a niqab can share one card.

Salbag777

Do I need a copy of my passport?

beachlife

Quote from: Salbag777 on November 18, 2015, 09:39:50 AM
Do I need a copy of my passport?

No, just the things on the check list and a lot of patience.

beachlife

Well got my telephone call and picked my new card up. So for anyone else starting the process it took 3 and a half weeks from handing in the paperwork. It may take longer now as I noticed that there seemed to be more forms handed in on the desk than when I handed mine in. However there was also a larger bundle of cards ready to be collected.

Salbag777

I still don't know what the fourth thing on list is? I have NiE, photo, empadriemento

SheilaW

Quote from: Salbag777 on November 18, 2015, 14:50:46 PM
I still don't know what the fourth thing on list is? I have NiE, photo, empadriemento
That's all you need, along with the form. Students need something to say they are students, etc. But we don't need anything else.

beachlife

Salbag777

Yes I have filled that out, will take it all on tomorrow