Corralejo Shops Raided?

Started by jamjar, September 25, 2014, 23:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamjar

Saw a post on Facebook about some the the tat sellers on the strip being raided today for selling fake goods.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Is that it? no link or anything....just a bit of gossip ? Like how you'd do with your mates over a coffee or drink ....  ???
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

woe10

It's not the first time. They're always getting raided, goods confiscated, then they just re-stock with fake Ray Bans, Rolex etc..  again. It's like a game.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

That's quite a funny thread Gizmo, love the comments, thanks ;D
It's all down to supply / demand, these people know they're buying cheap fakes (well I should hope they do)  8) 8)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

nacnud

You mean to tell me my Rolix watch, Ray Bam sun glasses and my Guchi manbag might be fakes??? :o

duncolm

Probably, but I've got a genuine pair of Bay Ran sunglasses.

Actually I was looking to buy new sunglasses last time I was in Corrie. Actually my other half was looking to buy me a pair for my birthday. We went up and down the strip looking for a mid price pair, but couldn't find anything that wasn't either less than â,¬10 (and therefore unlikely to last the holiday) or a designer â,¬100+ and out of my price range as I can't go a month without losing them.
Annoying.

meggie

Thought it was just me i lose glasses everywhere i go.The last holiday in June this year the wife bought me a new pair just before we set off, they lasted all of 2 days before i lost um.

PHo

The raids seem to have been quite productive. This just in from Canarias7 -

The Tax Agency and the Guardia Civil have arrested nine people and involved 5,920 counterfeit products worth about 6.4 million euros on a set of premises in the town of Corralejo, in the municipality of La Oliva, control Fuerteventura.

As reported by the Tax Office on Friday in a statement, detainees, to which an offense against intellectual property is charged, are Chinese nationals and residents on the island.

Investigations began three months ago, when the Risk Analysis Unit of the Tax Agency in Canary detected a packet destined for Fuerteventura containing plaques and logos identifying known brands of handbags, which led to the suspicion that the goods should be allocated to a room or rooms which would be placed in bags, belts or other garments to simulate its authenticity, says the note.

In order to confirm these suspicions, officials customs supervision of the tax authorities in Las Palmas and members of the Judicial Police Unit of Civil Guard Command of Las Palmas, and inspectors of the Ministry of Employment and Social Security were displaced Fuerteventura last September 24.

They organized in joint teams, were deployed eleven premises in which counterfeit goods, consisting of 2,255 watches and handbags, wallets, sunglasses and clothing in different amounts, stated in the note was found.

It also notes that the Social Security inspectors identified workers who were on the premises at the time of the records in order to verify their employment status.

Mr Boo Boo

Bought a pair of genuine Ray Bans a few years ago in the US, fell apart within 8 weeks, bought a pair from the market in Caleta last year and still going strong.....

erik_tonny

Quote from: PHo on October 03, 2014, 14:47:08 PM
5,920 counterfeit products worth about 6.4 million euros
average of more than â,¬1000 for a counterfeit product ? :o

PHo

Perhaps they mean different products, and there was more than one of each.

Will196

Quote from: erik_tonny on October 04, 2014, 10:26:22 AM
Quote from: PHo on October 03, 2014, 14:47:08 PM
5,920 counterfeit products worth about 6.4 million euros
average of more than â,¬1000 for a counterfeit product ? :o

I don't think they mean the counterfeit items was selling for that much. Likely they mean the real items are worth that much.

The damage is to the makers of the real product.

I know people should be smart enough to know this stuff is fake but I swear I've seen people who think other wise.

zedzedeleven

Quote from: Graham18 on October 03, 2014, 15:22:33 PM
Bought a pair of genuine Ray Bans a few years ago in the US, fell apart within 8 weeks, bought a pair from the market in Caleta last year and still going strong.....
You must be a rough bugger then, my Wayfarers are perfect, snug fit and comfy.
Mentor to the boneheads.