Doctor in Corralejo

Started by spongebob squarepants, September 16, 2014, 21:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spongebob squarepants

Where can an English speaking doctor be found in Corralejo ? I've noticed the signs for one at the Brisamar Centre but is that the best one should the need arise ?

Tamkid

Hi Spongy

Hope this is of some help. She is very good, consultations are around 40 euros.

Welcome to Fuerteventura

Welcome to the international medical office of MD Kerstin Werner. I speak fluent english, spanish and german.
You find my office in Corralejo in the Calle(street) Acorazado de España N°2. Walking down high street direction harbor front of "Hotel Corralejo Beach" to he left. Look out for the big, iluminated red cross.
You can reach me calling (0034)928-53 74 74.
Same phone number in case of emergency outside my opening hours.
I wish you beatiful relaxing holidays on Fuerteventura.

My opening hours are as follows:
Monday to friday 10:00-13:00 18:00-20:00
Saterday 10:00 to 13:00
Sunday ONLY EMERGENCY

my services include:

general medicine ,
    injuries, accidents, infections,
    small surgery ,
    ear and eye problems (sirenging etc.),
    intravenous fluid substitution (drips),
    blood tests,
    dive certificates ,
    electrocardiogram (ECG),
    children of all ages,

I also do home and hotel visits. In case of emergency call 928-537474

simmey

I was unfortunate enough to need a doctor on my last visit and went to the health centre near the bus station (it works a bit like CueDoc at home) you just turn up with your passport and EHIC card and are treated free, there can be a long queue but if you go early enough, as I did at 9am I was seen within 10 mins, the doctor examined me, did a sample test and issued me with a prescription which only cost about â,¬2 to get filled at the chemist.

Keith Dean

We have experienced both treatment centres. On our first visit to Fuerteventura, many years ago, my wife needed treatment and we went to the Brisamar, an arm and a leg. No, nothing wrong with those parts, that was the BILL.!!!!!!!!!!
I have had to visit the medical centre by the bus station, with slip disc problems. Could not fault the attention I got and was seen the same day, unlike your own doctor in England. Prescribed Morphine patches, which I picked up at the chemist.

To you all.

I now always make sure I take my EHIC card, but also the repeat prescription of all my medication and there are lot`s, it comes with age!!!!! It is easier to show what medication and strength you are on, than try and explain it.
Hope you never need to use my advice, but be prepared.

superkev61

Like Keith and simmey I was feeling rough last year when I was away. I made the decision to visit the 'walk in centre' down by the bus station. It works on a first come first served basis but they have two treatment rooms. One for bumbs and breaks the other for illnesses. I got in to see the doctor who could not be more helpful and after diagnosing me with tonsulitus gave me a prescription for antibiotics (which cost me â,¬3 from the chemist).

Few points of note.
Make sure you have your EH1C with you
It is open on Sundays too
There is a guard on reception but speaks little English, the doctors do speak English albiet broken.

If you are feeling ill I do recommend going here as it costs you nothing if you have your EH1C
Puedo tener unas faltas, equivocarse no es uno de ellos.

Kev

spongebob squarepants

The bus station is still on the top road isn't it ? Only I think they were building a new one near the Campanario in July ?

superkev61

Bus sop opposite the Spar supermarket
Puedo tener unas faltas, equivocarse no es uno de ellos.

Kev

SheilaW

Quote from: spongebob squarepants on September 17, 2014, 22:22:08 PM
The bus station is still on the top road isn't it ? Only I think they were building a new one near the Campanario in July ?
They're certainly building one there but if/when it'll open is another matter. Still on Juan Carlos I for the present.

spongebob squarepants

Thank you all for the very helpful information. Must get to bed soon - sparrow's fart flight from Brum tomorrow - Fuerte here we come -wooohoooohh!!!