Nude Bar

Started by Thong Man 007, July 13, 2013, 08:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg

Quote from: pestcatore on August 12, 2013, 18:11:20 PM
What kind of person wants to sit in a bar stark naked, a bloody  pervert  or exhibitionist  thats what! Or complete nutter!  Keep your silly obsessions to deserted beaches will you please!
I think you have got the wrong idea of the general mood of this topic.
The point is not about using urban bars naked but about the rather perverse need to dress to use bars within naturist areas.
JG

isleswing

I don't know where there is a 'naturist area' that you could put a bar.

Public beaches in Fuerte - and the other Islands, as well as Spain proper - I've always understood to be naked-acceptable. Not the same thing.

There will always be clothed people using those same areas, and being naked in a bar or other place will inevitably lead to conflict.

The answer is to raise the money and get someone to open a dedicated nude bar, with 'No Clothes' signs at the entrance.

We'd visit for the novelty, but to us, the joy of nakedness is the freedom to get out in the sun open air.

bedouin

Quote from: isleswing on August 20, 2013, 16:17:03 PM
Public beaches in Fuerte - and the other Islands, as well as Spain proper - I've always understood to be naked-acceptable. Not the same thing.

There will always be clothed people using those same areas, and being naked in a bar or other place will inevitably lead to conflict.

Not necessarily.  If you think of the Maspalomas beach in Gran Canaria, the naturist section there has a beach bar where everyone's naked (well, the customers are).  Similarly, Vera Playa in mainland Spain has several beach bars which you can use without dressing.

jg

Isleswing - I didn't express  myself sufficiently clearly.
What I meant was that in clothing optional areas the textile customers of the beach bars are clearly OK with the many naked people close by, so why should naturists have to dress in order to enjoy a beer, etc.
JG

isleswing

Actually, I've not seen anything to say you can't be naked in a bar.
Has anyone who wants to visit nude, actually tried asking an owner, or even visiting undressed?
Because that's what we do when we want something.
The objections I would expect to hear in a mixed environment would be that "naked people 50 metres away are ok, as they're 'somewhere else', but squeezing between the tables is just too close!"
We'd happily use a labelled nude bar ourselves.

Thong Man 007

Quote from: isleswing on August 21, 2013, 16:49:16 PM
Actually, I've not seen anything to say you can't be naked in a bar.
Has anyone who wants to visit nude, actually tried asking an owner, or even visiting undressed?
Because that's what we do when we want something.
The objections I would expect to hear in a mixed environment would be that "naked people 50 metres away are ok, as they're 'somewhere else', but squeezing between the tables is just too close!"
We'd happily use a labelled nude bar ourselves.
I went to the bar on Oliva Beach by the hotels in corralejo in the nude and was asked to cover up until I had left the cafe/bar.
Just outside the bar they are laying on the beach nude so can't see what the problem is.
Bar owner said there are kids about. But am I missing something aint there kids on the beach as well!

Thong Man 007

I am out for a week from sept 4th will see what happens at the same bar.

isleswing

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on August 22, 2013, 15:59:44 PM

Slow learner

Magoo

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on August 22, 2013, 15:59:44 PM

If a bar owner wants you to wear a full wetsuit & clown's hat when drinking in his establishment, you either comply, or use another bar. Don't go deliberately p****** people off, if the Guards are called, they will crack down on everyone if the owner spins them a yarn of people perving around his premises

No one has a "Right" to be nude anywhere on Fuerty, it's just that there is no law against beach  nudism. I personally would like to keep it that way

SoCal

Thought I would see if anyone has found new information on this question. Specifically, have folks found a beach bar which serves folks in the nude? Once I saw nudists go into the bar at Risco del Paso, but I don't know if this was an anomaly.  How about the ones south of the big hotels in Coralejo?
Biking and beaches - total freedom

Thong Man 007

Quote from: SoCal on February 15, 2014, 03:51:57 AM
Thought I would see if anyone has found new information on this question. Specifically, have folks found a beach bar which serves folks in the nude? Once I saw nudists go into the bar at Risco del Paso, but I don't know if this was an anomaly.  How about the ones south of the big hotels in Coralejo?
All cafés on the beach expect you to be clothed if you go for a drink in there beach cafe.
What is the point in having a cafe on a beach that allows naturist if you have to cloth to have a drink.
Personally all I do is wrap a towel round for the time in the cafe, which comes off as soon as I get to the edge of the cafe when leaving.

jg

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on February 26, 2014, 09:40:51 AM
Quote from: SoCal on February 15, 2014, 03:51:57 AM
All cafés on the beach expect you to be clothed if you go for a drink in there beach cafe.
What is the point in having a cafe on a beach that allows naturist if you have to cloth to have a drink.
Personally all I do is wrap a towel round for the time in the cafe, which comes off as soon as I get to the edge of the cafe when leaving.
Ditto, except that in my case iti is this lightweight wrap which fits in my small bag.
JG

SoCal

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on February 26, 2014, 09:40:51 AM

Can I interpret this statement as to being you asked at each bar?

I was hoping to ask politely, "If my party were to sit on our towels at the table at the far edge of the beach bar,  facing away from the bar,  could we eat our food and drink while enjoying the Sun without clothing?"

A comment to the owner stating there might be greater interest in the bar if the bar were open to naturists might be necessary.  As JG points out, a wrap is a viable option, but there really is something special about drinking a cold draft while simultaneously tanning all over.

troy122

Quote from: arnieculane1 on July 13, 2013, 22:49:14 PM
I have lived in Corralejo for 6 years,nude bathing and swimming is great on most of the dunes.
Troy

Try the hidden beach resort at Mexico , we went there for two weeks and never dressed for anything  24 hours a day nude .Expensive but worth every bit .

Arnie n Dawn

Thong Man 007

Was out on the sand dunes of Corralejo and found a bar on the beach that being nude at his bar was ok.
So could use the sunbeds on the beach and go for a drink without having to put swimwear on.
The bar is just Corralejo side of the two rui hotels and is next to flag beach.
Will use again next time out as it's great not needing to put some dam clothes on.

SoCal

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on April 27, 2014, 00:33:23 AM
Was out on the sand dunes of Corralejo and found a bar on the beach that being nude at his bar was ok.
So could use the sunbeds on the beach and go for a drink without having to put swimwear on.
The bar is just Corralejo side of the two rui hotels and is next to flag beach.
Will use again next time out as it's great not needing to put some dam clothes on.

Well done.  :)  Do you remember a name of this bar. And it was the first bar just north of the Rui hotels, correct? Is it pretty obvious which one it is?

SheilaW

That sounds like a change of policy. I was told that I couldn't use one of those sunbeds last July unless I covered up, although he said it might be different out of high season. I left to put my towel out fifty metres further along the beach, alongside quite a few other naturists. So to be able to use both sunbeds and bar is a great improvement.

jg

I have used that bar naked a few year ago on a very quiet out-of-season day.
I didn't post about it earlier because I felt it might be a one-off and misleading in the circumstances.
JG

Thong Man 007

Quote from: jg on April 27, 2014, 22:39:01 PM
I have used that bar naked a few year ago on a very quiet out-of-season day.
I didn't post about it earlier because I felt it might be a one-off and misleading in the circumstances.
When I got on the sunbeds nude I think the hand signals I was getting was to put swimwear on, But then two more turned up for the sunbeds and was nude and the attendant just walked away and left us alone.
Myself and the other couple went to the little bar as naturist and the bar owner just took our order but didn't ask any of us to cover up.
If you walk pass flag beach coming from corralejo you get two lots of sunbeds and the bar is just behind them. If you carried on walking the next building is the RUI hotels.

I am out again in September and the bar will get used again.