Good news on healthcare.

Started by fifi, September 04, 2013, 18:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fifi

Expats officially residing in Spain before 24th April 2012 with an annual income of under €100,000 have the right to full access to Spains healthcare according to a State Bulletin dated August 2012. A number of Canarian residents have been refused healthcare or have received large bills from hospitals and consulted a Lanzarote Gestoria for clarification.

To qualify you need to show the green residency certificate, Empadromamiento, a letter from the DWP in England stating that you are not entitled to or claiming health care in the UK, and proof of income ie. Spanish tax returns (declaracion de la renta). These documents need to be accompanied by the relevant form  which needs to be filled out in Spanish and submitted to the Social Security office who  should then issue you with a document which you take to your local health centre where you will receive your Health card. The law is principly for those without means of support providing support for Spains increasing number of non contributing unemployed. It will be good news for British expats who have retired early to Spain providing that they fall under the relevant income bracket.

For those who became resident after 24th April 2012 a new system is being developed in which they will be given the option to make monthly contributions inorder to access health services.

Source.... EBF Consulting Puerto del Carmen.

dagwood

Thats me out. Fifi I see you are avoiding the greek word for poo poo.

fifi

The greek word for poo poo? Sorry I dont know what you mean Dagwood. I havent had a chance to read all the Forum posts yet because im up to my eyes here. Will catch up soon. :)

fifi

dagwood

Myself, Admin and a few more are up to our eyes in it as well. Cant tell you what it is but its a four letter word starting with S and ending in Trouble (for Admin as well) every time its used even in greek. The bloody robot can read greek now.