UK TV - Satellite or Internet?

Started by decho, August 05, 2013, 22:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decho

Most of this question has been asked before but I am confused as to what the current situation is  with satellite.
I've bought a villa in Marina Village in Corralejo  and want to be able to get UK TV. I'm not bothered about sky etc, just would like BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5. Any other channels would be a bonus.
Would I be able to get this by satellite(which would be my preference)? If so what size of dish would I need? (I already have a tuner)
I am also hoping to get broadband installed and have talked to Europa - they do a package whiich offers UK TV using a set top box. Would this be a better(although perhaps more expensive?) option.
Any help would be appreciated.

admin

QuoteI'm not bothered about sky etc, just would like BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5. Any other channels would be a bonus.
If that's all you need then (once you've got your broadband) simply connecting your tv to any cheap computer and going to FilmOn.com will do the job. And it's free.

I don't even have a computer for that - I use a jailbroken Apple TV 2 box (about 130 euros) combine that with XBMC and you can watch every film, match or Tv show you can think of - for free.

Globetrotter

Or.....
You used to be able to get an Android dongle from Argos that connects to your TV and turns it into a smart TV, you can do Emails, surf the net, watch Filmon.
The benefit is you get a multipurpose remote with a keyboard one side and a regular remote on the other, enables you to change channels without going to your computer.
It connects to your TV via an HDMI port.