Payless or Cicar or Cabrera?

Started by raye, June 11, 2013, 10:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raye

Hi,
We have always used Payless, but last month there were a few issues with the car model and now looking to book for the end of June and perhaps try another Company. Cicar are almost the same price as Payless and their cars are usually newer than Payless so might try them, but Cabrera Medina are quite a bit cheaper (Corsa). Can anyone recommend Cabrera, or not, as the case may be? Thanks 

bedouin

Also consider PlusCar - low cost, excellent service, no insurance excess, no fuel scam.

notdeadfred

I have never booked with Cabrera Medina group, we always use CICAR, and never had any issues. Twice been given a vehicle upgrade at no extra cost, no issues with fuel or alleged damage charging, and cars always spotlessly clean inside. They do hotel pickups and drops offs too.

CICAR are actually part of the Cabrera Medina group, so I would think/hope they both operate in a similar fashion and you should be OK with Cabrera.

lionfish

Don't hesitate to book with Cabrera Medina as you will collect the car from the Cicar desk and it will probably be badge Cicar. For many years we have booked with which ever of the three was cheapest - current car from Payless, but next hire from Cicar.
Owing to price rises I will probably book with pluscar in September.

Can the Man

Exactly as Lionfish says.

I had a Cabrera hire car a few weeks ago, no problmes whatsoever

Highly recommended

raye

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Looks like Cabrera this time and then might try Plus Car in Sept.