Easy jet change hand luggage rules

Started by potash, May 23, 2013, 09:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potash

Easy jet have reduced there hand luggage size by 37% just in time for the peak season starting on 2 July now wait for the others to implement the same restrictions.

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/05/21/easyjet-slims-down-hand-luggage-allowance/

potash

Sorry dee-dee i never saw your post. :'(

dee-dee

Paddster

Can someone explain that in simpleton terms for a simpleton like me please  ;D
We've booked with EJ for the first ever time this year and i usually take a rucksack - would that be ok ?

Voldermort

Not as bad as it seems Paddster....firstly your bag has to be within certain measurements and as long as it is then thats still fine...Weight doesnt matter as long as you can lift it unaided..If the flight is full and they think overhead locker space is going to be iffy, those with larger bags will be asked to put them in the hold, which usually means you leave them at the bottom of the front steps as you board, which gives you time to remove anything you will need on the flight. Ground staff will get it put into the hold and you collect it from the baggage carousel as you would a suitcase..

The difference here is that there is no extra charge. If you are hand luggage only, then you are going to have a delay, which cant be avoided. On the other hand if you are like 90% of holiday makers then you are going to the baggage carousel anyway so nothing lost.

lionfish

The new rules are not as simple as the e-mail makes out.
Basically, if you have booked extra leg-room seats, which come with speedy boarding, then you can continue to use the 56 x 45 x 25cm bag which can be of unlimited weight AS LONG AS YOU CAN LIFT IT INTO THE LOCKER and this will go into the cabin with you.
If you have booked a "normal" seat you have a choice:- either take the 56 x 45 x 25cm case as usual and risk that it might have to go into the hold free of charge, or  take a smaller, maximum 50 x 40 x 20cm, case and be guaranteed that it will travel in the cabin with you. Again I don't think the weight is limited as long as you can deal with it yourself.

This is on the e-mail from EJ, but you do have to check FAQ. I have also had this information direct from Peter Duffy, EJ Marketing Director.

Paddster

Thanks for the info Voldemort,i can always lift the rucksack no problem,i'm not one of these holiday-makers that likes to lug lots of gear around,i like to keep things basic and easy....
Cheers  ;D ;D

dee-dee

Paddster