Easyjet - Cabin Luggage

Started by dee-dee, May 17, 2013, 23:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dee-dee

Copied and pasted from Facebook  ::)

We have listened to your feedback regarding hand luggage space on board, and as a result we're introducing a new cabin baggage guarantee from the 2 July.

With our cabin baggage guarantee, passengers can travel with a hand luggage bag max. 50 x 40 x 20cm which is guaranteed to travel with you, either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front.

You can still travel with a slightly bigger bag max. 56 x 45 x 25cm, however on some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold (note: this will not be charged).

Please let us know if you have any questions or visit this link for FAQ's: http://goo.gl/0T2ii

Deso

So, does this mean they will have two baskets for size testing your hand luggage?

More arguments???
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

dee-dee

Quote from: Deso on May 18, 2013, 00:17:33 AM
So, does this mean they will have two baskets for size testing your hand luggage?

More arguments???
Thats what I was thinking...and more delays at check-in as people empty their cases and get the stuff they need for the flight  ::)

Voldermort

To be fair, EZY has been doing this, unofficially, for a while now. They looked at your bag, decided, then asked if you would let them put it in the hold, making sure you had time to move things you needed in the cabin, then they used to offer you immediate boarding, straight after the paying speedy boarders. If you said no, then fine..

Airlines have brought this problem on themselves though by their hold baggage charges etc and encouraging people to bring everything in hand luggage. Maybe if they reduced hold charges this problem might resolve itself

zedzedeleven

It would help if the cabin staff went through the overhead lockers and removed everything that wasn`t luggage, threw it onto the runway and set fire to it.
Mentor to the boneheads.

falkirkdan

But ZZ would the smell of burning flesh from the stowaways not be overpowering??

zedzedeleven

Probably ! I was on a flight back from San Sebastian with Easyjet last week and the cabin staff were checking the overhead lockers and removing things, finding the owners and asking them to stow the articles under the seat. They said it was because the plane was full but then they announced that the empty seats could be bought if anyone wanted to upgrade, an offer that seemed to get ignored. I wasn`t surprised as the queue at boarding had very few people in the speedy boarding side. I only ever travel cabin baggage these days and I would be a bit miffed if they put my bag in the hold, it would defeat the purpose of it somewhat, no waiting at the carousel as well as no queueing at a "luggagedrop desk" Strangely, my Cabinmax bag is 56x40x20, so wouldn`t quite make the cabin if measured. It`s also going to give the bag manufacturers a bit of a headache if they have to tool up to produce a third bag size in the range.
Mentor to the boneheads.

DaveW

Thanks for the warning Dee

It's a pain will have to buy some new cases as we only ever take carry on luggage  >:( >:(

Paddster

Gonna be an interesting experience for us newbies then - first time with EJ this year  ;D

dee-dee

Thats Ok Dave,I did get an email from them yesterday about it...and I`m sure they have put their prices up since last year  >:(  Not a happy bunny  ::)

DaveW

They have got to pay for their new planes, they are also making a lot of money with the reserved seating.
I don't like the uncertainty on whether they will allow you to take a bag on board or not at a whim so will have to buy new bags to be sure and hope that don't move the goalposts again.

lionfish

When I booked my flights with Easyjet for Dec 13/Jan 14 I did so based on the then existing rules on cabin baggage allowance - surely they can't change these after the flights have been booked and paid for?
Sounds like we need mass e-mailings to:-
CEO    Carolyn.McCall@easyJet.com   she does tend to listen to comments and the more e-mails the better.

PHo

They have always had the right to put cabin bags in the hold if there is no room for them on the plane. I have seen them do it many times.  All they are saying now is that if your bag is small enough to go under the seat in front they will let you put it there - but you always could anyway!