Filmon Uk channels are no more. (sort of)

Started by admin, March 13, 2013, 05:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Sadly Filmon's UK channels are now geoblocked.

edit : The Main UK Channels are now back on

QuoteThere will be some changes to the service starting today:

The only UK channels to be broadcast will be BBC1 and BBC Northern Ireland, ITV, Channel4 and Channel5. These will ONLY be available to view within the UK!

The same restrictions will be applied to German and Italian channels - these channels will only be available within their respective countries.

Unfortunately we are no longer able to carry these channels -- Kindest regards, FilmOn Support Team

admin

Those who use XBMC can get all the channels using the Expat Tv Addon via the Xbmchub repository (without needing to have a VPN or UK IP).

The Playback is 4 by 3 but in System / Settings / Video you can change the display to stretch to 16:9

Globetrotter

I cannot find the Expat TV addon that you mention, have you a link for it please.

gilbeth

Globetrotter

FimlOn now back on worldwide but only BBC1 & 2, ITV, CH4 & CH5 + BBC1 Northern Ireland

admin

QuoteI cannot find the Expat TV addon that you mention, have you a link for it please.

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/mikey1234s-addons/5703-%5Brelease%5D-expat-tv.html

Expat Tv seems to have been superseded by Myiplayer - which has almost EVERYTHING

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/official-xbmc-hub-repo/5749-%5Brelease%5D-myiplayer-eu.html

Globetrotter

Thanks for that.
Not very familiar with XBMC so had fun trying to install the addons, however now installed Expat TV, MiPlayer, FilmOn & NotFilmOn.
They all work perfectly here in the UK so just waiting till we go over there again to try them out.
The only snag I have found is that you cant open XMBC in a window so cannot throw it across to the TV screen.
Will keep trying  ;D ;D

admin

QuoteExpat TV, MiPlayer, FilmOn & NotFilmOn.

You'll see the same channels listed here for Expat Tv and MiPlayer as you do in the UK.

For the FilmOns you'll get the main channels here BBC 1,2,3,4,News plus ITV 1 , Channel 4 and Five. (As of today anyway - their goalposts keep moving)

QuoteThe only snag I have found is that you cant open XMBC in a window

It's in System / Settings / Settings / Video Output / Display Mode

Display Mode
Display xbmc in a window, or fullscreen on the selected screen.
Display
Changes the resolution that the User Interface is displayed in.
Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen
Windows only when active, do not use the DirectX fullscreen mode. The main benefit is for multi-screen configurations, where xbmc can be used at the same time as other applications without automatically minimizing. Uses a bit more resources and playback may be slightly less smooth.
Blank other displays
In a multi-screen configuration, the screens where xbmc is not displayed are blacked out.

Globetrotter

Thank you, very clear instructions, now got it sorted and able to throw the window across to the TV screen and view.  :D :D :D

admin

You're welcome.

I'd also recommend installing Hulu, Ustvnow, 1Channel and Icefilms.

For Hulu and Ustvnow create an account with them on their website then in Xbmc enter your login details in their Addon Settings. (Ustvnow free gives you 6 channels: ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC & PBS). For Hulu make sure to disable the ads.

benbriggsuk

I was using the Expat shield but it stopped working im now on Laptop Telly
Works fine for the BBC ITV etc http://www.laptoptelly.com