Walking naked

Started by hantsnat, January 15, 2013, 14:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hantsnat

Has anybody any experience of walking naked in FV?  I have been to the island twice and am going back in April.  I make use of the naturist beaches - pretty much all of them - but have been considering walking nude.  Is it possible without upsetting anybody else?  If so any suggestions as to good places and routes?  I will have a car so can drive to suitable spots.  When I was last at the lighthouse north of the lagoons my friend and I considered stripping off as it was very quiet along the nature trail but decided not to risk it.

slotman

Hi, I have walked naked along the coast starting at Corellajo, looking towards the sea head left towards the 2 large wind turbines and as soon as I pass them I walk naked  along a costal path for approx 30 mins, not having a lot of free time I am unable to go further but according to google earth it looks quite desolate and you should not find anyone to upset.
Just after sunrise I have also walked naked from Correlajo to  the nude beach just past the Gran hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, I have undertaken other naked short walks usually close to the shore and never had any issues with the locals.

Faubus

The beach between Morro Jable and Costa Calma is just great for naked walking!

During low tide, you can walk all the way along the shoreline. On high tide, some rocky parts are a bit difficult to pass.

hantsnat

Quote from: Faubus on January 16, 2013, 10:50:31 AM
The beach between Morro Jable and Costa Calma is just great for naked walking!

During low tide, you can walk all the way along the shoreline. On high tide, some rocky parts are a bit difficult to pass.
Many thanks.  I have done quite a bit of this in short stretches.  I did not make myself clear originalally.  I am wondering if it is possible to walk (ramble) naked in the hills.  My friend and I talked about doing this last year and therefore I am thinking about it seriously this year.I do not really know if there are footpaths in the hills for rambling, naked or not, and have never seen any map or book about this.  If anybody does know of such opportunities I would be grateful to know of them.

bedouin

Treat yourself to the Kompass map of Fuerteventura, it has loads of hiking trails marked, with indications of likely severity, and good clear coverage of roads too.  You can get it from Amazon ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3854911742 )

SoCal

Quote from: hantsnat on January 15, 2013, 14:38:44 PM
Has anybody any experience of walking naked in FV?  I have been to the island twice and am going back in April.  I make use of the naturist beaches - pretty much all of them - but have been considering walking nude.  Is it possible without upsetting anybody else?  If so any suggestions as to good places and routes?  I will have a car so can drive to suitable spots.  When I was last at the lighthouse north of the lagoons my friend and I considered stripping off as it was very quiet along the nature trail but decided not to risk it.

Yes! Finally something interesting, healthy and one reason we are attracted to the "rock".  Fuerteventura is great for freehiking, i.e., hiking in the nude. Here is a list of those hikes I have taken in the nude. Ratings based on enjoyment (* not worth repeating, ** worth repeating, *** make an effort to repeat, **** basis for story and song)

*** North from the northern section of El Cotillo along the coast.  Standard for me most mornings. Can be formed into a loop. Walks along some of the road which possesses virtually no traffic. Easy.

***+ Volcano north of Lajaras. Wonderful views. Easy climb. You can walk around the entire rim. Moderate.

**** Parque Natural Corralejo - the Corralejo dunes. Hours of walking among high and low dune. Any folks possibly offended are far away. And last time I passed clothed people, the couple saw me, disrobed and hiked nude. My usual route is to park near the east side of Corralejo and just start walking south. There are several paths here and within a hundred plus meters of the road you can disrobe.  After 4-6 km of walking, I usually start getting hungry as I begin to approach the end of the sand. I  then turn east, cross the road and walk to the water and then turn north. Refreshments can then be found. Of the two cafes in the dunes, I prefer the one a bit further away from the water since the generator can't be heard. (The prawns are delicious and the beer is reasonably priced.) Depending upon your interest, this can turn into a many hour affair.  Lumpy.

** Caneda de Melian - just west of Lajares. Hike in the dry river bed, but does have motorcycle and dune buggy riders. Easy.

** Costa Calma - south. Start anywhere from H10 Play Esmeralda hotel and go south. 17+ km of beach. Though, I prefer to start at

*** Risco del Paso - north / south. Don't even bother wearing clothes here. Just the beach. Most tourists are nude. See images from "bilit" in Panoramio. 24 km of hiking in the afternoon is possible because it was so flat and easy.

*+ Risco del Paso east/west. Tried to walk from one side of the island to the other. Trail is marked... sort of. Problem is that wind from the west is draining as you climb. However, the ridge is spectacular. Once you cross the one road, it is a slog up the hill. Only saw one person on hike. Never made it down the other side to the ocean. Moderate

***+ Morro Jable to Cofete.  Drive west out of Morro Jable and start on the north side of the dirt road.  Hike to Cofete is a couple hours over the ridge. It is a bit more popular and your sense of "offending others" will probably be tested here, however I have been given thumbs up from those who passed me on the hike. Cofete has food and the ocean and view is close to being the most spectacular / least developed on the island. This was _the_ hike I chose for my half century anniversary mark and was moved to tears at the top upon the return.  Moderate.

One other hike I have not done, but intterest me is the one in the south starting from the top of Calle Sanch Panza on the north/east side of Morro Jable. It is probably the most strenuous since it reaches the highest peak on Fuerteventura. Probably a popular one with the fitter crowd.

Good luck. I have tried to attract fellow walkers/hikers/ramblers on this website to join me, but too many prefer to lay around and act silly about inoffensive photos. ;-)

Biking and beaches - total freedom

beachboybob

I found the volcano walk just outside La Jares excellent and carried on all the way to Corralejo and never passed a sole except 2 locals in their garden but they were far enough from the road so as not to be a problem.  There was the odd car that went past but you can hear them coming giving enough time to strategically place a  bag or top to avoid any concerns but the speed they drive they soon pass anyway!  In fact I did the round trip naked - am looking forward to doing it again

Thong Man 007

Hi all
I have walked naked through the streets of CORRALEJO to the sand dunes.
Have also walked it with just a g string on.
There is no law in Spain about being nude in public.
  I have had police cars go pass me and have never been stopped.
  You get to we're Tiffanys cafe is and behind you could walk nude straight across towards we're the RUI hotels are on the sand dunes.
  HAPPY NUDE WALKING.

Thong Man 007

There is a slightly grass mountain behind CORRALEJO that I have gone up nude. I did it when I was out in November and take a camera you will get some pictures of CORRALEJO from the top of the mountain.

Sunshinekid

I have walked Nude on the beach from Club Magic Life to Costa Calma about 30km I beleive. Fantastic.
you have to walk over some rocks in some places but to walk that distance nude was great. When entering Costa Calma bay I noticed i was the only one Naked.
I have also walked up the the highest point in the south Naked most of the way. Lovely views over the other side of Island :)

jg

I have cycled naked extensively in the hinterland both North and South from El Cotillo without problems - including crossing the Cotillo to Lajares road.
On at least one occasion I have been seen and ignored by the local police.
I have also cycled naked along the north coast road from El Cotillo via the lighthouse to well past Mahanicho without problems - in fact people were only to willing for me to stop and chat, which is why I have not yet been in sight of Corralejo - next time perhaps.
JG

SoCal

My experience with the authorities is identical to those of thong-man and jg: they simply don't care. For example, I sit outside a mere 5 m from the road. The police simply drive by and don't even glance at me.  The English tourists - well, they are a different group and you can tell they tense up, especially if they have children. So what to the children do? They sometimes look, but I have never seen one of them respond.  This is a wonderful example of how our societal norms affect behavior - a possible non-genetic effect.  (There was a delightful series images of a white European woman, clothed in traditional European attire, visiting women of a mid-equator African tribe. The Africans were topless as of their customs and the  series shows the European removing her top and bra and all of them massaging their own breasts, probably the effects of removing the bra, laughing and having a great time. More evidence perversion is subjective. <grin>)

SoCal

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on January 19, 2013, 09:23:49 AM
There is a slightly grass mountain behind CORRALEJO that I have gone up nude. I did it when I was out in November and take a camera you will get some pictures of CORRALEJO from the top of the mountain.

Which one is this? Can you provide GPS data, please?

sunpics

8)So much great nude walking in Fuerterventura, it depends on your base camp. Correlejo is a great start off point.
You have miles of great beach front and dunes to walk naked. I walk miles naked along the dunes and across the main costal road you have dunes going towards red  mountain volcano.
Just take off your cloths and enjoy your walk.
8) Sunpics

slotman

Having read  through this thread you all seem to walk naked in various places free from problems with the authorities, just out out of interest has any one ever had any issues with the police.
You all have given me confidence to walk naked in similar places and finally tel us about your most "daring" naked walk.

Ivemovedon

took a naked walk last night from my bed to the en suite. No trouble with the authorities whatsoever. i shall do it again tomorrow night with confidence.

Thong Man 007

The mountain sits at the back of CORRALEJO.
If you walk round the back of the Papagayo hotel. The mountain is behind it.
There is a gravel works in front of the mountain.
You can climb the mountain nude.
I left my villa and walked nude to the mountain and up it in November.
It's great to be nude all day.

falkirkdan

Quote from: Thong Man 007 on January 27, 2013, 19:14:07 PM

You can climb the mountain nude.
I left my villa and walked nude to the mountain and up it in November.
It's great to be nude all day.
And not even a thong in sight??????   Surely it did not take you ALL day???? :D

Thong Man 007

8) It takes a while to walk up the mountain and down the other side.
Then you could lay nude on top of the mountain for a while.
And when you walk down the other side you can then head across the sand to the RIU hotels on the sand dunes and do it all nude.
Then walk back along the beach back into CORRALEJO.  8)

sunpics

8) I can not just lay out in the sun , I walk all the time on holiday always naked with the camera to take some wonderful views . The wife can lay all day naked on the beach but I have to go walkabout. Just love being naked all the time in the sun.  The only time I am not naked on holiday is in the hotel .  I do think it is contagious . Ever noticed when you walk past some textiles on the beach and you are naked some times they also get naked they take off trunks and swimming costumes as soon as they clock you . I think many more people would love to get naked but they need some encouragement.   
I even wash the car at home naked when it sunny and warm enough.
Any one that has not tried going naked is missing out on some wonderful sensations.
Come on give it a go, you will like it. :
Sunpics

SoCal

Quote from: sunpics on January 29, 2013, 13:56:52 PM
8) I can not just lay out in the sun
Sunpics

I agree. Even though Fuerteventura is a wonderful place to catch up on reading, being active is necessary. But, sunpics, it appears we may be in the minority - another form of the tyranny of the majority. <grin>

Keep walking.

Thong Man 007

I have had it at hotels, some people are. Afraid to wear a thong but as soon as they see me in my g string they appear in there's.
If I can't be nude at hotel I only wear a g string.
Have only been asked to cover up by one hotel in CORRALEJO and they said thongs ain't allowed by the pool.
I now have a villa everytime I come to Fuerteventura so I can be nude all day by the villa pool or on beach.
Will never use the hotel again. It's behind the petrol garage in the Main Street.
Have never been told to cover up in any other hotel.

Thong Man 007

Can't wait to be out in April so I can walk nude to the sand dunes.
And only have my G String on by the pool at the hotel.

zumbafuerteventura

I had very unpleasant experience today. This is the first - and hopefully last - time I encounter it here in Fuerte. I was emerging from the sea, somewhere to the left of the RIU hotels in the Parque Natural. A man in his thirties (I think) approached me with the words "Would you do me a favour..." (I thought what a polite person!) Alas that was the end of politeness. What followed was a demand from me to "f* off where you f* came from because I have 3 young children [why anyone brings their children into it? as far as I know they couldn't care less] and you shouldn't walk here as a f* pedophile you are, I will call the police" - I told him I also can call the police - "and if I see you again I will punch your f* pedophile face" and so on and so forth. I didn't have much time for a discussion for I have my own children to collect from school, but I was tempted to ask him to actually call the police. I sincerely hope next time I go to the beach he is back where he f* came from.

Thong Man 007

Quote from: zumbafuerteventura on February 15, 2013, 21:58:02 PM
I had very unpleasant experience today. This is the first - and hopefully last - time I encounter it here in Fuerte. I was emerging from the sea, somewhere to the left of the RIU hotels in the Parque Natural. A man in his thirties (I think) approached me with the words "Would you do me a favour..." (I thought what a polite person!) Alas that was the end of politeness. What followed was a demand from me to "f* off where you f* came from because I have 3 young children [why anyone brings their children into it? as far as I know they couldn't care less] and you shouldn't walk here as a f* pedophile you are, I will call the police" - I told him I also can call the police - "and if I see you again I will punch your f* pedophile face" and so on and so forth. I didn't have much time for a discussion for I have my own children to collect from school, but I was tempted to ask him to actually call the police. I sincerely hope next time I go to the beach he is back where he f* came from.
Sounds like he is the peado why go to a island were being nude is taken as normal if it wasn't that he wanted to see mens penises.
This bloke wants to go to hell.

Thong Man 007

Hope this bloke is there in April as he will need a ambulance.