BBC, ITV, etc

Started by ZappaRocks, November 10, 2012, 16:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZappaRocks

Just changed the title as it's a correction, this isn't a in fact a new satellite.

In this case the talk is true, the BBC has a backup for their terrestrial channels which can be received on a 1.1m dish here.

The channels presently are BBC 1, 2, 3 & 4, HD, N.I, Wales, Scotland, England and London. Ceebies, CBBC, BBC News, Parliament.

ITV and CH 4, but CH 5 is missing though may come on at some stage.

The boxes needed are more expensive than the usual FTA and may require updates which isn't a problem.

If you already have freesky with a 1.2m (though even a 1m might be enough) the dish can be used and turned to the new satellite which means you only need the box installed.

Or if you're flush and want to keep the full package on Astra, you can add a separate dish as is commonly done with Nilesat and Astra.

As with any free services as on Astra or Nilesat these cannot be guaranteed either but if you're already paying it might be worth it as it would pay for itself, even if it later went off you're no worse off. This satellite has been broadcasting these channels for years.

So all in all this seems worth it and at present is by prebooking only, feel free to PM for further details.
Try to educate a fool and you become one

ZappaRocks

It can also be added to any satellite system not just free to air channels on the sky dish.
Try to educate a fool and you become one

Seasider

What would the full system cost to install (dish and set top box) to receive all these channels as we are coming to Fuerteventura in a couple of weeks and would like to get it sorted.
Susan Hughes

potash

I am trying a paid vpn for a month it hardly effects my broadband speed this is from a London server  sky go works a treat as does bbc 1 itv ect

Stone Free

Quote from: potash on April 03, 2013, 07:05:28 AM

I am trying a paid vpn for a month it hardly effects my broadband speed this is from a London server  sky go works a treat as does bbc 1 itv ect

That looks good.  Which VPN are you using?

potash

Just google top ten vpn and take your pick different sites all come up with same top 3