• Welcome to the oldest running Fuerteventura Forum.
 

Welcome to Puerta Del Sol "Prison Camp", Caleta

Started by woe10, February 18, 2015, 13:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

Newly erected wire mesh fencing on top of the wall around Puerta Del Sol apartments in Caleta.

Is it to keep Holiday Makers in, or Squatters out. In my opinion, it looks disgusting in a Holiday Resort.
All that's missing is the Barbed Wire. (maybe that's next week).

CLICK BIGGER

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

These are the prices they were selling for in October 2013

Puerto Sol complex, Caleta de Fuste Fuerteventura

Apt number 257  Price 16,500 euros
Apt number 232  Price 16,500 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 234  Price 18,900 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 225  Price 15,400 euros
Apt number 224  Price 15,400 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 222  Price 15,400 euros
Apt number 226  Price 23,600 euros
Apt number 239  Price 23,600 euros

(Had to really look back for the old email from estate agents freedom4sale )
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

woe10


IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Yep. It was quite a nice complex at one time with the Irish bar and all the units open..apartments were basic (my son lived there at one time) but it was ok and you could pick mangoes and other fruits off the trees, but got very run down towards the end.
They've probaly all been refurbished now...but were a bargain at the time.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

kayj

I had a walk around the place last week - the majority of the complex is in a derelict state. I wouldn't stay there rent free .

Mr Boo Boo

Where exactly is Puerta Del Sol in Caleta, looked on Google Maps but just keep getting baron wasteland !

kayj

Between Tahona Gardens and Bahia del Sol on Calle el Casttillo.

kayj


IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

Mr Boo Boo


Tamkid

Anyone know the name of the "Fencing Contractor", looking to get mine renewed, its took a hammering this winter.

Spike On Q

Round the back of Naves 2 bar opposite the big Mercadona in Puerto. They do all of the green metal fencing on the island. If you are darn sarf the ferit shop in Cuchillette has loads

flump

I hear this complex is on the up now ? Hope so , because ive booked to stay there in june !  Can anyone clarify this ?

woe10

Yes, it's getting there. I heard that Nuevo Kwizeen and Pickled Palm Restaurants are moving there.
A big new Gym has opened there also. There was talk of The Wine bar moving there also

fatherted

Kwizeen will be opening 5th March, see post in the Caleta bars thread. Also open in there is a property agents and builders office.

rosamund

Does this mean that the Nuevo kwizeen in Costa de Antigua is closing down?

Deso

Yes, and the new one will just be called Kwizeen
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Fordyventura

3 Guys bought the complex roundabout 12 years ago and invested in the complex.There were refurbished and we enquired at the time.There wanted 125euros for each apartment.One of the representatives came to Barcelo to discuss what plots we could have.Vastly overpriced.The recession came and not many must have sold.
One of the investors committed suicide because of the failed business venture.

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

Johnrgby2


woe10

I know people who bought for â,¬13.000  not bad eh.

spitfire58

Quote from: woe10 on February 14, 2017, 12:59:06 PM
I know people who bought for â,¬13.000  not bad eh.

Good if you were able to look on it as a long shot, in the hopes that the place overall would improve.
From what I have seen & heard on here a bit of a risk though.
Last ones were selling late last year/ early this year for 46k (not sure if euro's or gpb though)
By the time refitted, I would expect to be out of pocket for maybe 60 to 65K so still pricey for one bed & then community charges etc !! JMO

fuertewolves

I went to look at them in 2014 and I think they were around the â,¬18,000 mark. I remember thinking I wouldn't have had one if they were giving them away. They would cost around â,¬17,000 to refurbish and furnish to a good standard and I couldn't send friends and family - or anybody else for that matter - for a holday there as the place was and still is a dump, it will take years to come up to standard. 
david carless

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: hev on February 18, 2015, 14:34:47 PM
These are the prices they were selling for in October 2013

Puerto Sol complex, Caleta de Fuste Fuerteventura

Apt number 257  Price 16,500 euros
Apt number 232  Price 16,500 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 234  Price 18,900 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 225  Price 15,400 euros
Apt number 224  Price 15,400 euros  RESERVED
Apt number 222  Price 15,400 euros
Apt number 226  Price 23,600 euros
Apt number 239  Price 23,600 euros

(Had to really look back for the old email from estate agents freedom4sale )

These were the prices they were asking 3 and a half years ago (actually taken from agents website)
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

flump

I have been looking on facebook where the owners have been putting pictures up of the refurbishment, new sun loungers, pool all re-painted, safety fence etc. Although I havnt stayed there before it does look rather nice now. When I come back in july I will take pictures so others can judge for themselves about puerta del sol complex. Im looking forward to a bit of sun

fifi

#25
There are a lot of the Puerto del Sol apartments online for sale at the moment on Idealista.com. They are calling them a new build???? Price is 45K as far as I can remember. They were a good buy at 12K (offered two at that price by email from an Estate agent) if the place is being done up because the location is great. I wonder how much the Community fees are there? Probably high now to pay for all of the improvements.

spitfire58

I went to meet Claire from the property shop (??) there last year & she was saying 45k euros but not many "good" ones left but they were only one bedroom & with refit costs of maybe 20k I thought a bit steep being that the front shop area looks abandoned & could still be a good time before all finished. If decent properties are getting scarce in Caleta though, I suppose they will still sell out of necessity

Fordyventura


Johnrgby2