Fuerteventura Forum

General Chit Chat & Queries - no commercial links => Car hire, transfers, buses and taxis => Topic started by: gattaca66 on May 05, 2015, 16:23:39 PM

Title: ITV
Post by: gattaca66 on May 05, 2015, 16:23:39 PM
Having banged heads against some of the systems and processes over here, I just wanted to comment on how impressive I found the ITV system in Antigua. Pretty thorough 'production line' type of process, which moved along at a decent pace. Mind you, I'd revised all the terms such as 'lights', 'indicators', 'brakes' etc, yet didn't hear one word I actually recognised from start to finish..... Whole process took about an hour. I'd made an appointment but something may have been lost in my comprehension as I ended up in the general queue. Whatever, I thought a quick post might help reassure anyone else doing their ITV for the first time!
Title: Re: ITV
Post by: woe10 on May 07, 2015, 12:01:13 PM
I've done my ITV over a dozen times, and every time is a nightmare.

You need to brush up on all the Spanish words relating to a car before you go:

Brakes/handbrake
Lights
Back/Front
Horn
Stop/start engine
Left/right

etc ...

Title: Re: ITV
Post by: PHo on May 07, 2015, 12:16:41 PM
Don't you need a 4m aerial for this now?
Title: Re: ITV
Post by: Deso on May 07, 2015, 12:52:38 PM
Quote from: woe10 on May 07, 2015, 12:01:13 PM
I've done my ITV over a dozen times, and every time is a nightmare.

You need to brush up on all the Spanish words relating to a car before you go:

Brakes/handbrake
Lights
Back/Front
Horn
Stop/start engine
Left/right

etc ...

You can't be much of a teacher Woe, you should have taught them the English words after so many visits.   :D
Title: Re: ITV
Post by: woe10 on May 07, 2015, 17:36:50 PM
I`d like to teach them to smile first, miserable sods all of them  :-X