Fuerteventura Forum

General Chit Chat & Queries - no commercial links => General Chat - old => Topic started by: petkanov on December 06, 2013, 10:15:31 AM

Title: Bulgarians in Fuerte?
Post by: petkanov on December 06, 2013, 10:15:31 AM
Do you guys know if there are any Bulgarians living in fuerte?  On my visits I have never met one, but always wonder they live there or visit the island -  heck I even might be the first who frequent Fuerte!
Title: Re: Bulgarians in Fuerte?
Post by: SheilaW on December 06, 2013, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: petkanov on December 06, 2013, 10:15:31 AM
Do you guys know if there are any Bulgarians living in fuerte?  On my visits I have never met one, but always wonder they live there or visit the island -  heck I even might be the first who frequent Fuerte!
Sorry, no prize this time :( I do indeed know of one living here. She isn't on the island at the moment as her Mum's sick back in Bulgaria, but she's normally a full-time resident.

But it would be great to have more Bulgarian tourists over here, so let all your compatriots know about the place! My parents holidayed in a coastal resort in your country way back, around 1965 I think, and they loved it as it was their first chance to meet East Germans etc (that was way before the Iron Curtain and the Berlin Wall etc came down, of course), and my father loved the freedom of being able to get an overall tan, something that certainly wasn't possible in most parts of England at the time (or now, for that matter). I'm sure Bulgarians would love it here!