Fuerteventura Forum

General Chit Chat & Queries - no commercial links => Car hire, transfers, buses and taxis => Topic started by: 123456 on November 09, 2013, 13:24:27 PM

Title: Plus car problems
Post by: 123456 on November 09, 2013, 13:24:27 PM
Is anyone having problems booking /contacting Pluscar today or is it just me and my antique laptop?
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: gattaca66 on November 10, 2013, 10:53:21 AM
Possibly just very busy! We picked our car up from them yesterday at the airport and they had already filled 30 or so bookings that day. Still great, friendly service though. Hope you manage to get through to them, or try phoning?
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: 123456 on November 10, 2013, 21:30:02 PM
Thanks, I have finally had a reply. I had booked three cars! All sorted. Great news. Nobody seems to have a bad word to say about them! Fingers crossed!
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: el caballo hambriento on November 25, 2013, 19:18:49 PM
They gave me a car with winscreen wipers that did not clean the screen and the back wiper was held together with sticky bandage.  I rang them about the problems and they said that they would call me back but they did not.  The wipers for the front screen were frayed and illegal.  It was a Scoda Fabia. I have used them about 6 times and this is the first time I have had problems. 
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: amberambler on November 26, 2013, 20:17:09 PM
I've tried to book today and their website seems slow so my computer closes the the link.
No panic, as I'm not in Fuerte until February so I will leave it for a few days. :-X
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: Deso on November 26, 2013, 22:14:03 PM
Just tried it now and whizzing along nicely.  :D
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: peanut123 on November 28, 2013, 10:51:44 AM
Does anyone know if plus car accept cash as a payment method and would we be able to pick the car up from the airport.
Thanks
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: KWC on November 28, 2013, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: peanut123 on November 28, 2013, 10:51:44 AM
Does anyone know if plus car accept cash as a payment method and would we be able to pick the car up from the airport.
Thanks

They always have said no cash to me, and will only accept a CC.  That way they have the added security of payments for any genuine damage the hirer has caused.
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: Trumpy on November 28, 2013, 17:53:47 PM
KWC54, I thought the insurance was all inclusive. They shouldn't be charging damage to the credit card?
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: Trumpy on November 28, 2013, 18:02:24 PM
Well I booked a Autos Plus Car at the begining of November. The wanted €90 for my 8 day stay in early January. Just for a laugh I looked it up just now same car same week €182.80. Glad I didn't wait....
Title: Re: Plus car problems
Post by: amberambler on December 10, 2013, 20:07:56 PM
Quote from: 123456 on November 09, 2013, 13:24:27 PM
Is anyone having problems booking /contacting Pluscar today or is it just me and my antique laptop?

My computer will not connect to them, as it is an old computer. I booked using a tablet eventually.

Rollon February!

8)