Fuerteventura Forum

General Chit Chat & Queries - no commercial links => General Chat - old => Topic started by: Ole Man River on December 04, 2012, 18:11:07 PM

Title: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Ole Man River on December 04, 2012, 18:11:07 PM
Hi, don't want to be boring but are there any other vanilla ice cream lovers out there, that can't find ANY anywhere???  :-[

Looked up it on Google; last April there was a world shortage of vanilla. To which the comment was -"it will be more expensive!"  ::)

I keep going to Hiperdino hoping they have got some in but no. It's been months. Even the English Stores hasn't got any Cornish!  :o

Perhaps I'll look up a recipe.  8)  8)  8)
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Globetrotter on December 04, 2012, 20:51:29 PM
Try Mercadona they had some last time we were there.
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Captain Sensible on December 04, 2012, 21:34:21 PM
I saw some in Mercadona last week.
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Spike On Q on December 05, 2012, 00:41:55 AM
Lidl???
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: hairybiker on December 05, 2012, 09:35:13 AM
I don't understand how a poor vanilla crop would affect the availability of vanilla ice cream.  I can't imagine that commercial vanilla ice cream has any more real vanilla in it than it has real cream
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Captain Sensible on December 05, 2012, 11:00:08 AM
There's vanilla ice cream in the freezer at the Costa Antigua Mercadona this morning.  1.15 euros for a tub of 1000ml.
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Ole Man River on December 05, 2012, 23:33:06 PM
Thanks for all the above.
No I can't understand why an increase in the price of vanilla should stop the availability of the ice cream either.  :'( :'( :'(
Is it something Spanish, like they are not so keen on it?  : ::) I can't think that's it.
VERY STRANGE.  8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: Vanilla Ice Cream?
Post by: Ole Man River on December 06, 2012, 23:28:15 PM
I asked a "Boss Lady" in Hiperdino today, why no vanilla ice cream for dos messes? :'( :'( :'(  She said she was aware of the situation but had no idea why! Lo siento!  ::) ::) ::) There we go then.  8)