Fuerteventura Forum

General Chit Chat & Queries - no commercial links => General Chat - old => Topic started by: KWC on November 28, 2012, 14:34:47 PM

Title: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: KWC on November 28, 2012, 14:34:47 PM
Watch their faces when they see their names being mentioned etc

This I found amusing and I did this for the grandchildren last year and they loved it.

Its free and no need to worry about any money being asked, unless you want the all singing and dancing version, but the free version is very good and still gets the message across to the wee ones.

Press on the "get started" banner and follow the instructions to fill in the kiddies name, location and present they want. It will ask you to upload a picture of the intended recipient and to see this inside his magical book and files, makes the kids faces light up.

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home (http://www.portablenorthpole.com/home)
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: KWC on November 29, 2012, 10:07:58 AM
Anyone tried this yet?
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: Globetrotter on November 29, 2012, 10:35:02 AM
Could be dodgy uploading kids names/photos and location, be wary.
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: KWC on November 29, 2012, 11:03:54 AM
Quote from: Globetrotter on November 29, 2012, 10:35:02 AM
Could be dodgy uploading kids names/photos and location, be wary.

Nothing dodgy and its only the chids first name or even nickname.

I am well suspicious of these things, but this one is harmless and I have used it for a couple of years without any issue or fears etc.

But its good to be aware of the pitfalls that are out there  :)
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: Can the Man on November 29, 2012, 17:04:00 PM
I agree, I have used it the last 2 years, for my grandson
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: growers on November 29, 2012, 18:09:28 PM
This is really nice for young children. I have sent it on to a few friends so its now doing the rounds in Holland.
The Dutch children celibrate Santa Klaaus on the 5 december so all the young ones are really hyper at the moment.
Looking forward to coming to Fuerteventura in jan/feb, dont mind if it rains as I really want to see those flowers mentioned in the other posts.
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: sandybbfan on December 01, 2012, 10:08:59 AM
I used it last year, it was brilliant, my granddaughter loved it  :D
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: appy ammer on December 01, 2012, 21:41:28 PM
Quote from: Can the Man on November 29, 2012, 17:04:00 PM
I agree, I have used it the last 2 years, for my grandson

so ave i, they luved it
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: Paddster on December 02, 2012, 17:37:40 PM
Just done one = brilliant !!
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: Hannah and Simon on December 03, 2012, 16:06:09 PM
thanks so much for this link just done it for my wee man and he loved it super impressed Santa had all the info.

i will pass this onto my friends

han
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: c matthews on December 03, 2012, 21:29:03 PM
granddaughters face was a plcture
Title: Re: For those who have kids / grandchildren
Post by: KWC on December 04, 2012, 08:14:59 AM

Glad you all like it.

Maybe I'm getting sentimental and all that, but I just love to see their faces when Santa calls them by their name and off course shows them their picture when he opens his book - priceless and wondefull innocence.