FRIDAY 31ST AUGUST.
IT´S A BLUE MOON TONIGHT
It´s the second Full Moon of the month, hence a Blue Moon. Nobody knows why it´s called that, as the moon isn´t actually Blue. It happens once evry 2 or 3 years, hence the saying "Once In A Blue Moon.
I think actually, it´s when Man City fans have to buy Man United fans a drink ;D
(http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5640/bluemoonk.jpg)
There'll be an excellent view of the Blue Moon tonight in Fuerteventura as it's so clear today :D
Thanks for the info woe, I didn't realize that's where the saying comes from. I wish I was in Fueteventura to see it as it's very cloudy here tonight but hopefully I'll get a look.
It was too cloudy in Dublin to see anything. Pity. :(
The moon does not look any different from its usual colour here on the Clyde whitish. However the full moon was on Thursday night and the moon is now waning. Maybe we wll get a good day on Sunday. Fingers crossed for Sat was lousy.
Interesting article as to why it´s called a Blue Moon or Belew Moon, meaning Early, according to old Clerics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon)
don,t like blue moons,prefer the red sky at night. :) :)