Weather prospect in early January ???

Started by sunpics, June 27, 2013, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunpics

8) Has any one had experience of what the weather prospect is likely to be in early January ???
Just toying with the idea of trying to get an all over tan in January.
Looked at weather web sites and they say up to 18 and lows of 15 but is it warm enough to get our kit off .
Do you still get the winds and are they warm ???
Been loads of times in February and that has been great.
Any help with weather experience would be appreciated.
8) Sunpics

bedouin

It's still windy in January, but generally only a degree or two cooler than February normally.  If you're happy with that sort of temperature, go for it - I have to say it's maybe just a little too cold for me to be naked on the beach.  Wunderground has a useful historical weather data section, although with the way the climate is changing it might not be a reliable indicator.

Magoo

We have been this time of year.  The weather can be overcast, but you can still get some nice days. My one big grumble is the days are short. Not much point being on the beach after 4pm. 

luvfuert

went this year last week in jan first week in feb. It was brilliant when there were no clouds but as we are all aware the weather is changing in fuert and when the clouds were out it was COLD. I walked back to costa calma from playa Esmeralda naked and was blue by the time I got back on several occasions! Having said that I did come back with a good all over tan as in the main it was a really comfortable mid twenties plus. I would definitely go back again in January as I was watching GB in the snow whilst basking in 25+ at a bargain rate!

duncolm

There's no certainty of the weather at any time now, it's almost as if the world's climate is changing. When I was over in February I was watching towns paralysed with snow on the TV news, in mainland Spain.

For what it's worth, the last time I was in Fuerteventura in early January the weather was good enough for the beach most days, not all day but for a few hours each day.