First time on furete

Started by Tomm3344, November 19, 2014, 14:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomm3344

Hi

We are on our honeymoon in Feb 2015 staying at Hotel Faro Jandia

I am wondering once we have walked down to the beach if we will have to travel far before being naturist?  My wife is a little unsure if there are too many textiles?

Many thanks

Tomm

mikets

Assuming you're approaching the beach on the path that leads from the main road to the lighthouse you shouldn't have to walk too far.  To the left you'll probably find a mixture of textiles and nudists, with fewer people the further you walk.  However if you walk to the right after about 5 minutes you should find yourself in an area where most people are nude.

(That was the situation in September this year; it's possible that the ratios of textiles to nudes may vary from season to season.)

In any case you can strip off as soon as you like; you'll see people walking the entire length of the beach nude without any problem.

Tomm3344

Hi

Many thanks for your reply

Let's hope the rain stays off!

We have bathed nude on Gran Caneria but found the atmosphere a little intimidating

Tomm

decho

From what I remember if you walk straight down from the hotel past the lighthouse there are areas to both left and right for naturists, although really anywhere along there you will find naturists.

BTW, assuming the hotel is still the same as when we stayed there 3 times, it's a lovely hotel in an ideal location - don't be put off by the entrance, once inside it's an oasis of good service, lovely rooms and quality food. It also has a lovely clothes optional Spa.
And try their Sangria...properly made and very potent...just what you need on your Honeymoon!
Enjoy!

Tomm3344

Spa sounds great can't wait thanks for the info

norbertm

Quote from: Tomm3344 on November 19, 2014, 15:49:25 PM
Hi

Many thanks for your reply

Let's hope the rain stays off!

We have bathed nude on Gran Caneria but found the atmosphere a little intimidating

Tomm
Maspalomas maybe?
Compared to G.C., Fuerte. is the most nudist friendly island of the world :)

Tomm3344

Yes Maspalomas

We found the atmosphere rather surreal, with the signs -over  here for nudists! Kind of thing

I suppose we will have to take pot luck with the weather, but of course if I'm walking the weather won't be a problem because exercise is best done in mild temps.

What is the wind like on Jandia beach? I've heard it's not as bad as the west/North?   Think well just buy a wind tent when we get there

Magoo

We where there in September & there was no wind at all.  Saying that, we have been sand blasted in other years.

Take some carrier bags to fill with sand to hold your York Shelter in place, it's the only solution we have found that works

jg

Quote from: Magoo on November 20, 2014, 19:40:43 PM
We where there in September & there was no wind at all.  Saying that, we have been sand blasted in other years.

Take some carrier bags to fill with sand to hold your York Shelter in place, it's the only solution we have found that works
Assuming the wind has not already blown it inside-out.
JG

Magoo

In which case, you can join in the fun with the kite surfer dudes & cut some wicked air!

norbertm

Quote from: Tomm3344 on November 20, 2014, 08:20:45 AM
Yes Maspalomas

We found the atmosphere rather surreal, with the signs -over  here for nudists! Kind of thing

I suppose we will have to take pot luck with the weather, but of course if I'm walking the weather won't be a problem because exercise is best done in mild temps.

What is the wind like on Jandia beach? I've heard it's not as bad as the west/North?   Think well just buy a wind tent when we get there
Yes, Maspalomas...it's a little bit strange for me, too, that's why we moved to Aguadulce, a small remote beach not very far from Maspalomas, where we proudly promoted the naturism in GC ;)
Only 1 or 2 windy days in october in Jandia, no need for a tent, at least for us, we went for a beach with stone shelters when the wind become stronger.