Fuerteventura Princess - pool protocol

Started by Roger 1, August 26, 2014, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger 1

We're taking our first package for many years and will be at the Fuerteventura Princess next month.  I've searched the forum and found conflicting advice, even that the FP appears to be on three different beaches!  [Please move my post if relevant.]

We're familiar with the beach and igloos north of the Tres Islas.  This will be our first time in the south.  May I ask some naive questions?

• I understand it is important to be in the adult section (we are an adult couple) rather than the families area to best benefit from the naturist area.  How important is this?  Our travel agent didn't rely this request and says she will e-mail the hotel just before our departure.  I wouldn't want to be arguing the toss on arrival which could be late in the evening.
  • Is nudity compulsory in the naturist area? My wife has sensitive skin and may want to wear a wrap or similar some of the time, especially if the sunshades are taken.  Will we be thrown out?
  • Similarly, is getting to the sauna/showers/toilets nude or textile?

Thanks for your advice to first-timers at the FP.  :)

notdeadfred

Roger 1,

Unless it has changed since March when we were last there, there is no "adult section" or "families" area at the Fuerteventura Princes. All the pools are open to all guests, but the nudist area has a minimum age of 16. The nudist area has its own small pool.

Nudity is by and large compulsory in the nudist zone, although my wife too has sensitive skin and sometimes uses a loose wrap and no-one has complained so far. Swimsuits in the pool and saunas are definitely frowned on though.

The saunas, steamroom and showers are all in the nudist zone. They are totally mixed and totally naked.

Having said all that, the hotel was in the process of introducing a Platinum service (for certain German guests only initially we were told) when we were there in March, and I understand that these guests will have access to a new pool for their own exclusive use. Perhaps this is what is causing any confusion?

But I think your information about "adult" and "family" sections is more likely to relate to the neighbouring "JANDIA PRINCESS" hotel, which is a separate hotel and which DOES have separate Adult and Family passes. I sincerely hope that the same distinctions have not been introduced now at the Fuerteventura Princess - you've got me worried now!

Roger 1

Thanks very much for your full answer, notdeadfred.  We're reassured.  :)

I'm not sure where I got the 'adult' reference - probably on Trip Advisor and yes, there may be confusion with the JP.

I'll report back on any significant changes.

Magoo

If you decide to do the beach (the sea is a dam site warmer than the pool at the FP) Turn left & head North along to the beach. Just past the Hobicat / windsurf center there are sunbeds that are commonly used by naturists & just past that, the stone circles start. You might be lucky to get a stone circle as some people treat them like private property 

SheilaW

Quote from: notdeadfred on August 26, 2014, 16:28:17 PM
the nudist area has a minimum age of 16.
So a two-year-old has to wear trunks, and presumably a bikini top if it's a girl? Who thinks up these crazy rules and do they ever wonder why they're doing it and what message it's sending out?

notdeadfred

Haha, no, it's worse than that. Children under 16 are not allowed in the nudist zone at all.

So a naturist family with young children are restricted to the 3 other larger pools which include a shallow one for children, where I have seen 2 year olds with no costumes! Or use the beach.