Esquinzo Beach

Started by Magoo, April 24, 2013, 21:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedouin

quick question -where's the easiest place to access the beach near magic life or FP, from public road? I drove down there yesterday evening, but it seems impossible to get to the beach, and I'd like to go!

notdeadfred

Quote from: Magoo on May 24, 2013, 10:12:47 AM
The other downside of losing that much sand was that the gentle slope into the sea was lost, allowing waves to come in like a freight train. Being knocked over & bounced along the uncovered rocks in your birthday suit, is quite character building!

Ouch! Hope the bruises have gone now. 'Er Indoors got bowled over by a wave last week, even with the gentle slope. Didn't feel or notice anything at the time, but since we got back the osteopath says she's got a hairline crack in a vertebrae, so watch out for those waves everyone!

notdeadfred

Quote from: tiger79 on May 24, 2013, 23:34:37 PM
quick question -where's the easiest place to access the beach near magic life or FP, from public road? I drove down there yesterday evening, but it seems impossible to get to the beach, and I'd like to go!

There is car park at the Magic Life end of the FP, opposite the bottom of the road down from the main road, and a track leads from there right down onto the beach. The track skirts round the perimeter of the FP, with a good view of parts of the nudist zone! You can park at the beach bar (and walk to the right for the Magic Life beach area) or even drive right along to the Hobiecats (see img_8640 in my photos).

bedouin

thanks, will look again!

Magoo

Quote from: tiger79 on May 24, 2013, 23:34:37 PM

Alternatively, you can drive into Esquinzo & use the path behind the Marina Playa hotel. 

bedouin

OK, found the access road down the side of FP. The beach wasn't really as nice as I'd expected, but it was cloudy!

Spike On Q

The No 5 bus is running from the stop near The Jandia Princess to Jandia and Costa Calma, 1.25Euros each way [well it was]

dampsquib

Quote from: Spike On Q on May 28, 2013, 18:51:48 PM
The No 5 bus is running from the stop near The Jandia Princess to Jandia and Costa Calma, 1.25Euros each way [well it was]
"Blakey" Does this mean, you've finally managed to persuade the No: 5 to come down the hill? It seems you have, as I found another comment from a German guy about a new route for the last few weeks.
So what route is the bus following then now?
I guess when it leaves the dual carriageway, it must be coming directly down to the big roundabout near to the JP hotel.
What does it do after that? Does it do a tour of Esquinzo like the old blue'n'yellow used to, before continuing along the coast?
How's work on the new Supermarket next to the JP going too? When is that due to open?
Great news about the No:5 - but if you could get it to pass the FP too that would be brilliant!

Spike On Q

The No. 5 comes along the old road, Mal Nombre, Esquinzo, etc. - then down to the big roundabout to the bus stop by the Jandia Princess, then back up again

Mercadona - months away yet, but looks like a very effective nuclear shelter

"I hate you Butler!!"

jaynek65

Had to book again just to check the state of the beach..... Well someone had to do it  ;D

Roll on the 25th September .

Magoo

Any updates on the how the beach is holding up? Thinking of our 2014 visit & would like to stay in Esquinzo again, but a nuked beach might entail a change of venue

notdeadfred

G'day all. Just back from a couple of weeks at the Fuerteventura Princess, and glad to report that the beach hasn't been "nuked". There are a few more loose stones at the water's edge than our previous visit, but not sufficient to cause any problems. The shelf next to where Emilio's used to be was a bit higher too, but not insurmountable, and all the sunbeds had been pulled back inside the little bay there to shelter from the strong winds at the time.

The stretch along the front of the Magic Life though hasn't done so well, and at anything near high tide was virtually impassable due to the wide area of rocks which have accumulated along it's full length. The beach after that between there and Jandia itself though was fine.

The biggest shock however was the disappearance of all the "unlicensed" beach bars, including the one right in front of the FP, the one at the far northern end of Esquinzo, and the one between Magic Life and Jandia. All traces have been completely removed, meaning that there are now only 3 beach bars between Mal Nombre and Jandia - Mal Nombre itself, next to Hobiecats, and Jandia itself. They are all modular to exactly the same design so the beach has lost a bit of its traditional character.

There are new "No Entry" traffic signs at the foot of the road down the side of the FP to the beach.

conniebee

:(Disastrous news that Emilios Bar is gone at Esquinzo. Does seem to be so- even Trip A. has a comment. Did not like the format of the new Tierra Dorada, or the staff. The dead hand of progress strikes again. What happened to the parking at Emilios, and are there beach chairs still there ? Ta. :'(
conniebee

notdeadfred

Conniebee, the new bars all look the same, have similar limited menus, are more expensive and don't have the character or ambience of the now removed ones. I dare say they are cleaner and meet all the local hygiene regulations, but just not the same. 2 coffees, a small beer, a ham and tomato sandwich (on plain dry bread) and a slice of apple cake came to €20 on the one and only occasion we stopped at one. It's cheaper and better quality at the FP poolside bar!

Yes there are still sunbeds in all the same places - €12 for 2 beds and a brolly. You can still park directly in front of the FP on the "right" side of the No Entry signs, just above where the beach bar used to be. But we saw a few vehicles ignoring those signs and driving a bit further down.

Magoo

€12  :o  That's a 33% hike, no doubt to pay for the municipal café bars

jaynek65

Hi all

We were at Esquinzo in October -  on the day the new beach bar opened (which is right next to the surf club)
Apart from the other 3 beach bars being missing, nothing much had changed, If anything the sunbed area next to what was Emilio's, has improved.
Yes there are more pebbles at the waters edge, but that is a result of all the storms early last yr, we were told that they have been partially covered by the sand and would continue to do so, but it might take a yr or so to bring the beach back to its pure sandy status, we noticed, even in the 10 days we were there that one of the large rocks was slowly being covered and was disappearing before our eyes.
As for the parking, yes they have put "no entry" signs up, but you can drive down to the beach entrance of the FP (above the old beach bar) and if you have a disabled badge you can continue to drive all the way to surf club where there are 2 sheltered disabled bays, with a nice wooden slatted walkway to the waters edge.

We were due to return next week, but due to me having an emergency op a few weeks back, we have had to cancel but have re-booked for the 4th June  ;D, so looking forward to "coming home" to Fuerty.