Has any one seen any rare or interesting birds near Corralejo

Started by sunpics, February 02, 2013, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunpics

8)Coming to Fuerteventura soon as anyone seen any rare or interesting birds near Corralejo
I love taking picture of interesting birds when on holiday.
Has any one seen anything interesting?  ( the feathered gender of birds.)
Any sightings would be helpful with the locations.

8) Sunpics

mojo

If you go just south of Corralejo and look out over the sea area between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote you may see Cory´s Sheerwater and in springtime in the desert area look for migrating bee-eater and of course Houbara Bustard

SheilaW

I don't know the first thing about birds, but we see some high up that seem bigger than buzzards, so they might be eagles. I love watching the white and brown birds scuttling busily around on the rocks - don't know what they are but they certainly don't seem very rare! Would you mind posting some pictures of Corralejo birdlife after your holiday? I'd be interested to know what I'm seeing.

appy ammer

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

falkirkdan

What is any of this to do with naturism???   Go back to dross.

appy ammer

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

kaynig

Whether this helps you, something I read, if you visit Los Lobos while you are there you could see ........a  variety of seabirds that usually nest on cliffs and rocks. Among these species are the Shearwater Cinderella, Little Shearwater and the herring gull. Also in residence are the storm petrel, Bulwer's Petrel and Yellow-legged Gull.

Spike On Q

Near the res. on the way to Los Molinos - the Fuerteventura Stone Chat, very rare but they can be seen

Nearby the Ooomegoomi bird - the male has no legs and when it come into land - ----------- oh sorry!!!!!!

mojo

Hey Falkirdan, haven´t you heard about nude birdwatching   8)

Voldermort

sunpics

8) I always do my bird watching in the nude when on holiday in Fuerteventura , no cloths to make rustling sound to frighten the birds away and you can also get a great tan.  :D Sunpics

jg

I find that it is always much easier to watch wildlife close-up when one is naked.
JG