Scooters......

Started by ashworth, January 01, 2019, 09:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashworth

I have never seen as many out of control scooters flying up and down Caleta prom. You would be safer walking down the M6. Get a grip whoever is in charge it is a big problem and needs sorting out. This is a tourist resort not the Ilse of Man TT circuit.

fatherted

So much for banning them eh.

Captain Sensible

They can be ridden on cycle paths only according to the law.  Not on roads or pavements. They haven't been banned.

whyme

They are getting bigger and faster so it's only a matter of time.

spitfire58

Quote from: Captain Sensible on January 02, 2019, 08:39:04 AM
They can be ridden on cycle paths only according to the law.  Not on roads or pavements. They haven't been banned.

If that is the case then why are the local police not pulling them ?? We have sat outside the Trafalger a number of times & it is just a constant procession of the going up & down that paved area & across the road to the waterfront walkway

whyme

Only a death will get them moving, like I say a matter of time.

matahari

The local council had supposedly agreed to ban them in Caleta a few months ago but the legalese was still being worked on. Haven't heard anything since (apart from the council has BIG problems with their computer system).

whyme

I heard they can't ban them because of some national law or something. I've also heard through the grapevine that they are in the process of setting up many cycle tracks with a 30km speed limit. Eg the track leading down from Monticastillo.

gattaca66

As things stand, all classes of scooter are being broadly tolerated on cycle paths until the new legislation comes into force in June. No scooters are legally permitted on roads without insurance, registration, ITV, moped licence, helmet etc. From June the large, ‘fat wheel` scooters, which are the biggest pain, will be permitted ONLY on roads, and ONLY with all of the above. They will not be allowed on cycle tacks, pavements etc. It then comes down to enforcement.....hmmm!

whyme

Is there a Spanish word for enforcement?

spitfire58

Quote from: whyme on January 16, 2019, 07:06:14 AM
Is there a Spanish word for enforcement?

Manana 🤣😂🤣😂

woe10

It's a waste of time complaining. The Police and Cabildo are not interested.  I wonder why   :'(

dagwood

Maybe it was the poor weather but I was in Caleta last week and I seen very few of them about.

dagwood

Quote from: woe10 on January 22, 2019, 10:17:47 AM
It's a waste of time complaining. The Police and Cabildo are not interested.  I wonder why   :'(

Probably not a lot they can do until they provide a proper cycle path.

woe10

They're not all locals who are renting them out.