The Windmill Bar + Map

Started by Paddster, August 04, 2013, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddster

Have eaten here a few times over the years,this was the 1st place we ever ate at on our first visit to Fuerte,having said that,walked out 2yrs ago when we got sick of waiting,they were busy fair enough but even the waitress was more interested in X Factor like all the diners,live and let live,never had a bad meal there in all these years but Lin's gets my vote for superb customer friendly service and good value food......

[map]?=28.397285036858904,%20-13.860636949539185=18=The Windmill Bar=roadmap[/map]

fatherted

I've used the Windmill quite a few times over the last few years and have got to say it's gone downhill especially the Friday Fish day. On the complex where I stay quite a few  folk commented about how good it was in 2012 but would'nt be going back after their 2013 experiances.

emmi

Sorry to say my first experience at the Windmill earlier this year was not a good one.  It was not particularly busy.  Waited ages to get served, and ages for the meal to arrive at the table.  The food was bland, and cold, probably been sitting on the counter for 20 minutes before the waitress picked it up. Was not impressed as had previously only heard good comments about it.  Will not bother again.

Paddster

Check out Lin's emmi - miles better  :)

denboy

can only echo what everyone else says.used to eat regularily in the windmill,especially fishy fridays,but standards have really dropped.now only call in mid-afternoon to sit in the suntrap at the back,and have a couple of beers.remember being in one night,along with a good few people,and the staff were trying to get rid of us about 10,o,clock so they could close early. >:(

fatherted

Re: The Windmill

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 19:14:47 pm »

Thank You

Hello i am the president of AECA, the local business asosaciation who rents the windmill bar to Sue and allan for the last 6 years. We have never had any financial problems with them and we all think they have made a very nice bar and bussiness. The problem is that the townhall, the politicians think that they can do whatever they want. Because we are not politically involved and we want to stay like this , they want to get us (AECA) away. Their only problem is that we have got the law in our hands. So we are using our lawyer who will defend our ( AECA) interests and automaticcaly the ones of ours renters too. We will never allow anybody to act without reason and thats why the law will speak in the end. Just to make sure that the windmill will be there for many years more and only if we are illegal ( which we are not ) we wouldnt have put a lawyer on the case. It reminds me a bit of the beach story where the local politicians also told us a lot of incredible stories and the truth came out in the end.

HelenR

I called in for the curry night, was basically boil in the bag, could of done that myself cheaper, wish had gone elsewhere  ::)

Can the Man

Tried it twice, first time it didn't impress, so gave it a second chance. Not going back

HAD TO CORRECT THIS TEXT, my iPad was doing predictive text again.

Paddster

Seems to be the main consensus on here really....

Neilclarke

Never had a meal in there but we call in for a drink on the way into town every night we are in Fuerte. Happy hour, great choice of football, play area for kids, what more do you need.

Villan

Think they must have changed the chef since the last post on here as our recent meal was very good.

DanielRyan

Wouldn't go again, bad pint and food out of microwave

fatherted

I've some mates who visited the last 2 weeks in Sept and they said its been re-decorated,has new staff and the drinks apart from their 1st night was just like their previous visits earlier this year. As regards food it was very busy for fish days but as they were staying A/I they did'nt buy any food so cant comment on that one.BTW beer still BOGOF. Bring on Jan ;)